Who has the most testicular fortitude?

• Cheney

• Pence

• Ivanka

• Kinzinger

Results are only viewable after voting.

Skeeter

Banned
I am finding myself feeling mad respect for Republicans Cheney and Kizinger. I have always despised Cheney! Is this a side effect of Trump derangement syndrome?

Integrity over party impresses me. They are so unlike Ted Cruz who has a moment of clarity and then back tracks at the first sign of disapproval. What a wimp! I would like to think I would reject Trump as intensely even if he had more progressive policies. I would!

I do not like Biden much, but he is so much better than Trump. Can't the Republicans find a Presidential candidate without several personality disorders?

Last edited:

Skeeter

Banned
Liz Cheney needs to run for president in 2024, and take out Trump in the primaries. Seems impossible right now, but time could swing things. What needs to happen between now and then? The Republican party needs to purge itself from the fringe.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I do not like Biden much, but he is so much better than Trump.
More Americans have died from the Kung Flu under Biden's presidency then died under Trump's, despite the fact that Biden had Trump's vaccine to work with.

Biden is solely responsible for the Afghanistan disaster.

Biden is solely responsible for the disaster at our southern border.

In what way is Biden better than Trump?

Skeeter

Banned
More Americans have died from the Kung Flu under Biden's presidency then died under Trump's, despite the fact that Biden had Trump's vaccine to work with.
More people died under FDR. About as relevant.
Biden is solely responsible for the Afghanistan disaster.

I think many more are responsible including all previous Presidents who kicked the can. But, yes the execution of withdrawal could have been better.
Biden is solely responsible for the disaster at our southern border.
So, the conditions in third world countries have nothing to do with it?
In what way is Biden better than Trump?
Biden doesn't thwart intergovernmental precedents, and threaten the destruction of Democracy itself with unfounded accusations about election integrity and incitement of violent solutions to manufactured problems. And, Biden has a soul.

Skeeter

Banned
When people see
You have to take into account the viral load within the population at the start to make a valid comparison. And, you have to be deaf to irony when you avoid considering the anti-interventionist/ ant-Biden attitude that is largely responsible for the inflated numbers under Biden.

Skeeter

Banned
Trump actually created a scenario where Barr and Pence could show their integrity and patriotism. It takes an even greater evil to let character show. Pence was shown to be willing to risk personal injury to ensure the Democratic Republic could continue. His behavior on January 6th was commendable. His character overtook his evangelism. I never believed Pence had redeeming values, but I stand corrected.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
... Integrity over party impresses me. ...
You're remarkably easily impressed.

Liz Cheney is more conservative than Trump.
Define conservative. There's like six different meanings of that word, help us narrow it down.

Liz Cheney needs to run for president in 2024, and take out Trump in the primaries. Seems impossible right now, but time could swing things. What needs to happen between now and then? The Republican party needs to purge itself from the fringe.
The congresswoman might not even win her party's nomination, let alone her seat this year. Running for president might be the only way she'll ever hold federal office again.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am finding myself feeling mad respect for Republicans Cheney and Kizinger.
Only because they swerve left. Politics, or power over others, controls all your intents.
I have always despised Cheney! Is this a side effect of Trump derangement syndrome?
Yes, it's a syndrome that has no basis in reason. It turns out dad Cheney has almost the same worldview as Liz so it would be a good idea to take note how capricious you are with your loyalties based on surface political positions.
Integrity over party impresses me.
There is a professor that asks all his classes what unpopular position would they stand up for from history? Would they stand against slavery? Stand against Stalin or Hitler (had they been in those countries? Stand against any of the popular wars in the US? Of course, for most things like slavery they all claim they would stand against it.

Of course the follow-up is "what popular injustice are you standing against today?" To which the replies are have always been the wildly popular perceived injustices and never a single unpopular one.

This is the stunning and brave integrity of Cheney.
They are so unlike Ted Cruz who has a moment of clarity and then back tracks at the first sign of disapproval. What a wimp!
He actually isn't as far from your same political positions as you might think.
I would like to think I would reject Trump as intensely even if he had more progressive policies. I would!
Trump is a hard core progressive, but he pokes his finger in the eye of the establishment and that's where your reaction comes from. So, no, your rejection has nothing to do with his policies since you can't even recognize that Trump is on your side.
I do not like Biden much, but he is so much better than Trump. Can't the Republicans find a Presidential candidate without several personality disorders?
They can't. The establishment has too much control and even if they could put up a candidate that proposed what was right that candidate would be wildly unpopular. It's the nature of democracy.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Stand against Stalin or Hitler (had they been in those countries?
I have argued FOR Hitler, for the creation of a homeland for the Germanic people, for the dominance of the lesser races in Europe, for the elimination from society of undesirable elements.
Stand against any of the popular wars in the US?
And I have argued AGAINST the morality of the War of Independence, the reluctance of the authorities in the colonies to reimburse the mother country for her efforts in ridding the continent of the French scourge and their native allies.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
... The establishment has too much control and even if they could put up a candidate that proposed what was right that candidate would be wildly unpopular. It's the nature of democracy.
The establishment is the electorate when it comes to the presidency. The Republican party's as good as the Democrats when it comes to presidential electioneering, the only question is the turnout and the independents, by definition in the swing states.

Skeeter

Banned
Only because they swerve left.
Cheney certainly does not. Some people to the left of you are still decidedly on the right. Your extreme right views do not set a new center point.
Politics, or power over others, controls all your intents.
You are thinking of Trump supporters and evangelicals.
Yes, it's a syndrome that has no basis in reason. It turns out dad Cheney has almost the same worldview as Liz so it would be a good idea to take note how capricious you are with your loyalties based on surface political positions.
What loyalties? I admire when someone who can see when the emperor wears no clothes. It doesn't make me loyal to them. I might respect what they say a bit more. Take Barr for instance. He finally showed some sense, but it does not cancel out his manipulativeness around the Mueller report.
There is a professor that asks all his classes what unpopular position would they stand up for from history? Would they stand against slavery? Stand against Stalin or Hitler (had they been in those countries? Stand against any of the popular wars in the US? Of course, for most things like slavery they all claim they would stand against it.

Of course the follow-up is "what popular injustice are you standing against today?" To which the replies are have always been the wildly popular perceived injustices and never a single unpopular one.

This is the stunning and brave integrity of Cheney.

Your comparison fails. Cheney is standing up against Trump when her comrades are still in lock step with Trump. She does not have to extrapolate what she would do in another time. She is doing it now.
He actually isn't as far from your same political positions as you might think.
Everything to your left is the same position to you? Seems like a lack of insight on your part.
Trump is a hard core progressive, but he pokes his finger in the eye of the establishment and that's where your reaction comes from. So, no, your rejection has nothing to do with his policies since you can't even recognize that Trump is on your side.

They can't. The establishment has too much control and even if they could put up a candidate that proposed what was right that candidate would be wildly unpopular. It's the nature of democracy.
I do not like many of Trump's policies but it is true that his policy decisions are not why I hate him. I hate him because he is an unrelenting narcissist who has deepened the divisiveness of politics and has tried to thwart the very foundations of democracy. He is a consummate conman who has bilked your comrades for funds for court fights and pocketed the money and still no one wants their money back.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Unfortunately, there's a good chance it'll be Ron DeathSantis as 2024 GOP candidate. He's as bad as Trump, but younger and smarter.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Perhaps Texas and Florida will secede from the US …. 🤗

Texas GOP want secession:

“Texas retains the right to secede from the United States, and the Texas Legislature should be called upon to pass a referendum consistent thereto,” the platform stated.​
Deeper in the document, the GOP delegates urge state lawmakers to put a referendum on the agenda for the 2023 election, “for the people of Texas to determine whether or not the State of Texas should reassert its status as an independent nation.”​
It would be great to see it go to referendum, and see what all Texans really want.

As for Florida - two words: "Florida Man"

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cheney certainly does not. Some people to the left of you are still decidedly on the right. Your extreme right views do not set a new center point.
I guess this depends on the definitions of right and left. Here's mine: those on the right believe in absolutes, those on the left don't.
You are thinking of Trump supporters and evangelicals.
Trump wants to control others more than the left does? Evangelicals want to control others more than the left does? Are you sure about that? First, don't confuse Trump supporters and evangelicals with people on the right, but that's just a side note. More importantly, by the definition I just gave, evangelicals are split on the right and left about the same as the regular population so the label doesn't help to define the reality of the situation.

To put it bluntly, people on the right want a small government. A small government can't control people like a big government can. It's a simple exercise in math.
What loyalties? I admire when someone who can see when the emperor wears no clothes. It doesn't make me loyal to them. I might respect what they say a bit more. Take Barr for instance. He finally showed some sense, but it does not cancel out his manipulativeness around the Mueller report.
Loyalty and respect in this context are about the same. Use the word respect in what I said and nothing changes: Yes, it's a syndrome that has no basis in reason. It turns out dad Cheney has almost the same worldview as Liz so it would be a good idea to take note how capricious you are with your respect based on surface political positions.
Your comparison fails. Cheney is standing up against Trump when her comrades are still in lock step with Trump. She does not have to extrapolate what she would do in another time. She is doing it now.
LOL. Yeah, a real stunning and brave stand with the Republican establishment, all of academia, all of the mockingbird press, all of the largest social media companies, and the huge audience that agrees with them. We can extrapolate what she would do in another time - which is to support slavery - because that is exactly who was supporting it at that time.

My comparison stands as a shining example of standing with a popular position in Liz Cheney probably more than any other politician lately. Her political career will stand even if she doesn't get re-elected because she will still be a part of the political machine that got her elected in the first place. She'll just change her department within the machine.
Everything to your left is the same position to you? Seems like a lack of insight on your part.
What I said highlights the differences in policies on the left, and because we can see the differences we can see your policy positions and Trump's are probably closer than you might think.

Remember, I'm the one with a definition of right and left that is at least more solid than your definition.
I do not like many of Trump's policies but it is true that his policy decisions are not why I hate him. I hate him because he is an unrelenting narcissist who has deepened the divisiveness of politics and has tried to thwart the very foundations of democracy. He is a consummate conman who has bilked your comrades for funds for court fights and pocketed the money and still no one wants their money back.
That's what I said. It's not what actually matters, what Trump does, that you hate. Your hatred is driven by surface political narratives crafted by others. The irony is you know your betters are using you but you like it like that.

Arthur Brain

I guess this depends on the definitions of right and left. Here's mine: those on the right believe in absolutes, those on the left don't.

Trump wants to control others more than the left does? Evangelicals want to control others more than the left does? Are you sure about that? First, don't confuse Trump supporters and evangelicals with people on the right, but that's just a side note. More importantly, by the definition I just gave, evangelicals are split on the right and left about the same as the regular population so the label doesn't help to define the reality of the situation.

To put it bluntly, people on the right want a small government. A small government can't control people like a big government can. It's a simple exercise in math.

Loyalty and respect in this context are about the same. Use the word respect in what I said and nothing changes: Yes, it's a syndrome that has no basis in reason. It turns out dad Cheney has almost the same worldview as Liz so it would be a good idea to take note how capricious you are with your respect based on surface political positions.

LOL. Yeah, a real stunning and brave stand with the Republican establishment, all of academia, all of the mockingbird press, all of the largest social media companies, and the huge audience that agrees with them. We can extrapolate what she would do in another time - which is to support slavery - because that is exactly who was supporting it at that time.

My comparison stands as a shining example of standing with a popular position in Liz Cheney probably more than any other politician lately. Her political career will stand even if she doesn't get re-elected because she will still be a part of the political machine that got her elected in the first place. She'll just change her department within the machine.

What I said highlights the differences in policies on the left, and because we can see the differences we can see your policy positions and Trump's are probably closer than you might think.

Remember, I'm the one with a definition of right and left that is at least more solid than your definition.

That's what I said. It's not what actually matters, what Trump does, that you hate. Your hatred is driven by surface political narratives crafted by others. The irony is you know your betters are using you but you like it like that.
Your definition of right and left is not only ridiculous, it's unsupportable. Of course people on the left believe in absolutes, they'll likely differ to yours in general but if that's your idea of a 'solid definition' it simply doesn't hold water...