Real Science Radio: The Search for Noah's Ark

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If so, then wouldn't any pillow lava that was formed during the Flood also have to be buried under the same ice and sediment?

No. The ark came to rest before the tops of other mountains were visible. There was still very violent activity in the earth's crust. That is where the water went.

fool

Hall of Fame
Thats what my wife says too. I pretty much agree with her.
There can be alot of peace there.

Firewood and house building material. Historical Preservation just wasn't on their minds that first year.....
Don't forget this was an extrodinary wood.
No one has a working full size replica, even today.
Don't have any Gopher Wood.
This would be a wood with properties like titanium, or carbon fiber.
They would have used every scrap for somthing.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And how exactly do we know this?

How do you know what? We see the earth, and it looks like something happened and form a hypothesis. We can not retest for obvious reasons, but we have God's word that backs up what we clearly see.

Agri Dagh has been under water.

3 And the waters receded continually from the earth. At the end of the hundred and fifty days the waters decreased. 4 Then the ark rested in the seventh month, the seventeenth day of the month, on the mountains of Ararat. 5 And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month. In the tenth month, on the first day of the month, the tops of the mountains were seen.

As you can see, the flood was not 40 days. Nor does the Bible say it was 40. The split in the crust that caused the deluge sprang forth for 40 days.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't have any Gopher Wood.

Are you familiar with the process of making it? There is no Gopher tree, just like there is no ply tree. I myself am not too famliar, but have read some things. After making it, he coated it with something.

fool

Hall of Fame
Are you familiar with the process of making it? There is no Gopher tree, just like there is no ply tree. I myself am not too famliar, but have read some things. After making it, he coated it with something.

Giant spiders.
Spider silk is stronger that steel, maybe they could tap the silk gland of giant spiders and get a liquid resin.

We have plywood today, but still no replica Ark.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So lessee: built on a steel frame, on a barge hull, half the size of the biblical ark and what look like a deal more than one 'window'. So not exactly a replica in the usual sense of the word, i.e. an exact copy or model of the original.

:yawn:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
So lessee: built on a steel frame, on a barge hull, half the size of the biblical ark and what look like a deal more than one 'window'. So not exactly a replica in the usual sense of the word, i.e. an exact copy or model of the original.
Why do you think there was only one window on the actual ark?

Lordkalvan

Why do you think there was only one window on the actual ark?
I don't think there was an 'actual ark' as described in the Bible. Genesis 6:16 implies one rather than many windows, however:

'A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.'

That aside, however, even if the legendary Ark had many windows, it still appears to have been twice the size of this project, not built on a steel frame and not built on a steel barge hull.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I don't think there was an 'actual ark' as described in the Bible. Genesis 6:16 implies one rather than many windows, however:

'A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.'
:think:

That aside, however, even if the legendary Ark had many windows, it still appears to have been twice the size of this project, not built on a steel frame and not built on a steel barge hull.
I fail to see how any of this is relevant to my question. This is just superfluous.

Lordkalvan

:think:

I fail to see how any of this is relevant to my question. This is just superfluous.
I answered your question, but you don't seem to be very interested in that answer. The 'superfluous' remarks simply restate the original point that, regardless of the number of windows, 'Johan's Ark' is not a replica of what is sketchily described in the Bible.