Real Science Radio: The Search for Noah's Ark

Jukia

You're welcome.

Wow, I see you have not been able to shake that reading comprehension problem. Stripe,the punctuation mark "?" means a question has been asked. The appropriate response is a reply to the question. Even if the response is "I don't know" or "I made it all up".

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow, I see you have not been able to shake that reading comprehension problem. Stripe,the punctuation mark "?" means a question has been asked. The appropriate response is a reply to the question. Even if the response is "I don't know" or "I made it all up".

Who are you? :idunno:

Jukia

Who are you? :idunno:

Ohhh, Stripey, after all these years you don't remember me? Crushed, I am crushed and heart broken.

But I am not surprised that you are unable/unwilling to respond appropriately to simple questions based on your previous posts. That has been your consistent M.O. I am fairly certain that anyone who interacts with you on this site has no reason to wonder who you are.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am not surprised that you are unable/unwilling to respond appropriately to simple questions.

Your question was nonsense. Either you cannot recognize a water deposited rock which makes your opinion worthless or else you're deliberately asking questions as red herrings.

I think the latter. You're nothing but a troll.

And the Joke challenge remains unanswered.

I was asked for evidence that the world suffered a global flood. I said that the world is covered in water deposited rocks. To me, that is the question answered.

Here's some advice: Accept that there is evidence for my idea. Even an idea you reject can look to have evidence for it. That would open up the possibility of a rational debate.

Of course, evolutionists cannot abide even the thought of rational investigation into an idea that leaves no room for their precious religion.

Vincent Lerins

Why would it still be there?
Seems like they would have had use for the lumber.

Thats what my wife says too. I pretty much agree with her. Firewood and house building material. Historical Preservation just wasn't on their minds that first year.....

Lordkalvan

Then you're dumber than I thought.

Post 335:

'Originally Posted by Lordkalvan

As he could have done it any way you need to preserve the perceived credibility of the myth, your default position when faced with an irrefutable counterargument remains 'God did it'. Not much to discuss there.

Originally posted by Lighthouse

:nananana:'

Posts in this thread where Lighthouse has suggested, absent any other reasoned explanation about how a problem with the inherent absurdity of the flood legend can be resolved, that God did it:

Post 116:

'And God is incapable of overriding that in certain events if necessary?

Do you really think the God who created them could not counteract His design if He wanted to?'

Post 119:

'God can do anything He wishes to do; He cannot ever become anything other than God, however, but He would never wish to. That is the concept of God, by definition: an omnipotent being.'

Post 121:

'And do you really think such a thing is beyond the God who brought all the animals to Noah.'

Post 123:

'Logic dictates that the Creator can rework His designs as He sees fit, as necessary.'

Post 187:

'The entire thing was a miracle, by the definition that it was a true act of God and not naturally occurring. And the only way God could accomplish everything necessary was to directly intervene with what you call miracles. Just because they are not mentioned directly in Scripture means nothing. Logic dictates such was necessary, regardless of what the text explicitly states.'

Post 194:

'But to claim God is not even foreshadowed in this event is disingenuous. He is there from the beginning; He is known to be responsible for the flood. Why would He not be responsible for the preservation of the animals He wanted preserved?'

Post 238:

'Also, it is possible that God suspended many of Hid [sic] designs during that time in order to produce more offspring, which would have brought about a great many new species, from the crossbreeding of so many different species.'

Post 249:

'Divine assistance.'

Post 272:

'So an omnipotent God can't suspend the physics of His creation?'

Post 283:

'An omnipotent God who caused the world to flood and allowed for His servant to gather two of every kind of some animals, and seven of every kind of others beforehand, in order to preserve them somehow disallows for the probability that He did other miraculous things to bring about His plan in all of this?'

Post 292:

'You still don't get it, do you? the God of all creation, the creator of the physical world, through which physics is expressed, can suspend, or even work with His design, in order to accomplish His will. Not every instance of this is recorded; His word even spells out that fact. It is only logical to assume that He did what was necessary to accomplish His plan and goals for the flood and its aftermath, as He was the one who caused the flood in the first place.'

I guess there really is dumb and dumberer, after all.

Jukia

I was asked for evidence that the world suffered a global flood. I said that the world is covered in water deposited rocks. To me, that is the question answered.

No you stated this:

"The Earth is covered kilometers deep with deposits formed rapidly beneath water. Clear and compelling evidence that the Earth was once covered in water."

I asked,
"What specific deposits? How rapidly? And do you have evidence from non-Biblical sources? If so, please provide it. Thank you."

And you are unable or unwilling to respond to specific questions. Your standard M.O. Stripey. You make a statement, based on standard creationist dogma, and are then unable to provide a basis for the belief because that is all it is--a belief based on your, and others, particular fearful need to read your holy book in a particular manner

Must be awful to have to live that way, in dread that if you do not bow to a particular belief from several thousand years ago you will spend an eternity being punished.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Post 335:

'Originally Posted by Lordkalvan

As he could have done it any way you need to preserve the perceived credibility of the myth, your default position when faced with an irrefutable counterargument remains 'God did it'. Not much to discuss there.

Originally posted by Lighthouse

:nananana:'

Posts in this thread where Lighthouse has suggested, absent any other reasoned explanation about how a problem with the inherent absurdity of the flood legend can be resolved, that God did it:

Post 116:

'And God is incapable of overriding that in certain events if necessary?

Do you really think the God who created them could not counteract His design if He wanted to?'

Post 119:

'God can do anything He wishes to do; He cannot ever become anything other than God, however, but He would never wish to. That is the concept of God, by definition: an omnipotent being.'

Post 121:

'And do you really think such a thing is beyond the God who brought all the animals to Noah.'

Post 123:

'Logic dictates that the Creator can rework His designs as He sees fit, as necessary.'

Post 187:

'The entire thing was a miracle, by the definition that it was a true act of God and not naturally occurring. And the only way God could accomplish everything necessary was to directly intervene with what you call miracles. Just because they are not mentioned directly in Scripture means nothing. Logic dictates such was necessary, regardless of what the text explicitly states.'

Post 194:

'But to claim God is not even foreshadowed in this event is disingenuous. He is there from the beginning; He is known to be responsible for the flood. Why would He not be responsible for the preservation of the animals He wanted preserved?'

Post 238:

'Also, it is possible that God suspended many of Hid [sic] designs during that time in order to produce more offspring, which would have brought about a great many new species, from the crossbreeding of so many different species.'

Post 249:

'Divine assistance.'

Post 272:

'So an omnipotent God can't suspend the physics of His creation?'

Post 283:

'An omnipotent God who caused the world to flood and allowed for His servant to gather two of every kind of some animals, and seven of every kind of others beforehand, in order to preserve them somehow disallows for the probability that He did other miraculous things to bring about His plan in all of this?'

Post 292:

'You still don't get it, do you? the God of all creation, the creator of the physical world, through which physics is expressed, can suspend, or even work with His design, in order to accomplish His will. Not every instance of this is recorded; His word even spells out that fact. It is only logical to assume that He did what was necessary to accomplish His plan and goals for the flood and its aftermath, as He was the one who caused the flood in the first place.'

I guess there really is dumb and dumberer, after all.

My entire argument is that you don't know either.

Lordkalvan

My entire argument is that you don't know either.
As demonstrated, your argument devolves to 'God did it' when it is otherwise shown to be incapable of reasoned explanation of particular phenomenon that contradict the myth of a global flood less than 5000 years ago.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
As demonstrated, your argument devolves to 'God did it' when it is otherwise shown to be incapable of reasoned explanation of particular phenomenon that contradict the myth of a global flood less than 5000 years ago.
:toad:

Paulos

Paulos, thank you for your input. I will make a mental note to not use the pillow lava argument again until I check out your links and their claims, and then only if they can be refuted (i.e., either by geologic evidence, or by a really big boat being found atop Ararat :) ).

Thanks again!

-Bob

You're welcome, Pastor Bob!

You know, a thought just occurred to me: Let's just suppose that Noah's Ark is resting on Mount Ararat--but is buried under lots of ice and sediment. If so, then wouldn't any pillow lava that was formed during the Flood also have to be buried under the same ice and sediment? After all, the pillow lava would have been laid down before the Ark came to rest, while the flood waters were still covering Ararat.

Do you see my point?