re: Trump and punching people in the face

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Trump is good at controlling a crowd, I hear what he says to egg them on - "In the good old days they go out on a stretcher" - "I'd like to punch him in the face" - :If anyone sees a protester, knock the hell out of him" - "I'll pay the legal fees" - All done on the microphone during protests. IMO, that is inciting a riot.

Non-violent people cannot be *incited* to commit acts of violence. This is no different than when someone listens to a song, reads a book, watches a movie, etc. and then makes the claim it caused them to commit an act of violence. IF someone responds violently to words, it is because they are already a potentially violent person.

exminister

During 2012, someone said about leftist protesters, something to the effect of "We are not like them." Maybe Palin, can't recall. Whoever it was, Trump clearly is using Obama's game plan.

Are we like them?

Are you saying at Obama's rallies people were punching each other in the face?
When? Where?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Non-violent people cannot be *incited* to commit acts of violence. This is no different than when someone listens to a song, reads a book, watches a movie, etc. and then makes the claim it caused them to commit an act of violence. IF someone responds violently to words, it is because they are already a potentially violent person.
I can agree with that, but Trump knows how to rile the potentially violent up, push their buttons and get a response once in awhile. The crowd feeds on itself with pushing the protesters on the way out, even female reporters, as has been reported.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Cruz said wrongly, and he knows it was wrong, that the violent protestors are violent in reaction to something Trump said.

Read Donald Trump's interview with the SMUT magazine Playboy (he was on the cover). He praised the Chinese communist's force used in dealing with the freedom protestors in Tiananmen Square. Now you know the mentality of not only Donald Trump, but the lemmings that follow him.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Read Donald Trump's interview with the SMUT magazine Playboy (he was on the cover). He praised the Chinese communist's force used in dealing with the freedom protestors in Tiananmen Square. Now you know the mentality of not only Donald Trump, but the lemmings that follow him.

Donald Trump being the dirtiest rat in hell has no bearing on whether or not I vote for him. I am currently content to let the country burn to the ground.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We'll need to disagree with respect. Cruz specifically did not blame Trump for the violence. He blamed the leftists. But he did blame the tone of Trump's campaign for making the situation worse.

To imply a different outcome based on what Trump is saying, is blaming Trump. Maybe you missed what he said last night. To bear responsibility, is to make him responsible. It is his fault. Cruz knows this is true. It is isn't about making a mistake and being wrong as the flesh is. He knows what he said is wrong and did it anyway, the very definition of the political problems in the country. And apparently Ted Cruz knows nothing of the founding of this country if he thinks there is non-violent solutions to political problems. Give me liberty or give me death was not just one person's idea.

Ted Cruz said:
I think a campaign bears responsibility for creating an environment, when the candidate urges supporters to engage in physical violence–to punch people in the face. The predictable consequence of that is that it escalates and today is unlikely to be the last such instance,”

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Donald Trump being the dirtiest rat in hell has no bearing on whether or not I vote for him. I am currently content to let the country burn to the ground.

What standard do you use when voting for a political candidate if that candidate's moral qualities and stance has no bearing on how you mark your ballot?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

What standard do you use when voting for a political candidate if that candidate's moral qualities and stance has no bearing on how you mark your ballot?

I'm campaigning for The Trump Train

The trick is to keep it simple for the poorly educated.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Trump is good at controlling a crowd, I hear what he says to egg them on - "In the good old days they go out on a stretcher" - "I'd like to punch him in the face" - :If anyone sees a protester, knock the hell out of him" - "I'll pay the legal fees" - All done on the microphone during protests. IMO, that is inciting a riot.

Non-violent people cannot be *incited* to commit acts of violence.

Hence the reason you don't see violence at Ted Cruz rallies.

This is no different than when someone listens to a song, reads a book, watches a movie, etc. and then makes the claim it caused them to commit an act of violence. IF someone responds violently to words, it is because they are already a potentially violent person.

Trump followers are righteously angry at what's been going on in this country, but they're fueling their anger through violence, which as patrick jane stated above, is incited by their candidate Donald Trump.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hence the reason you don't see violence at Ted Cruz rallies.

Trump followers are righteously angry at what's been going on in this country, but they're fueling their anger through violence, which as patrick jane stated above, is incited by their candidate Donald Trump.

Trump is guilty of many things ... the actions of others is not one of them.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

Outside of the intrusion of left wing miscreants at a rally for a candidate they do not support to begin with, I am kind of doubting there would have been any fireworks. One only has to look at the left in this nation to see who the lawless really are, from their president, their current frontrunner (a felon), all the way to the streets of Ferguson or Baltimore they are lawless through and through. Trump is not to blame for the lawlessness of the left, that train left the station long ago.