Re: The Iran Treaty?

bybee

Re: The Iran Treaty?

We need another Alexander the Great!
But, what do we have?
Obama the Wimp!
Iranian people are intelligent, industrious and I have found them to be friendly, eager to learn. They are, of course, loyal to their own country. We, however, have a serious lack of loyalty to country in America.
The present leadership in their country is about as representative of the people as our present leadership is representative of us.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
obama was reelected
the democrats start each election with over 50% of the vote
turnout is the only issue for them
elections have consequences
the idiots in our party do not understand what it takes to beat them

musterion

The GOP no longer wants to beat them and hasn't for some time. We are no longer a Republic or even a democracy. We are a plutocratic oligarchy with increasingly fascistic leanings.

Granite

Hall of Fame

A war-mongering tyrant who wants to run the world? Isn't that what you guys think of Obama already?

Iranian people are intelligent, industrious and I have found them to be friendly, eager to learn.

Yet you think we should conquer them. Like Alexander.:kookoo:

bybee

A war-mongering tyrant who wants to run the world? Isn't that what you guys think of Obama already?

Yet you think we should conquer them. Like Alexander.:kookoo:

It was just a bit of outrageous hyperbole Granite!
I was thinking of the days when the Persians were overrunning the world and met their comeuppance in Alexander the Great.
Could it be they plan another run at overrunning the world?

bybee

Perhaps they did. Doesn't make Alexander any more than a gifted military commander and a vicious tyrant.

I shall always have a soft spot in my heart for him because of his handling of the Gordian Knot situation!
I am a pragmatist and believe in the shortest distance between two points.
Before you start whining and sniveling about violence I shall state that if a situation can be solved in a non-violent way that is the best.

Caledvwlch

I shall always have a soft spot in my heart for him because of his handling of the Gordian Knot situation!
I am a pragmatist and believe in the shortest distance between two points.
Before you start whining and sniveling about violence I shall state that if a situation can be solved in a non-violent way that is the best.

I'm not going to hold it against him too much. It was the 4th century BC.

PureX

But, what do we have?
Obama the Wimp!
Iranian people are intelligent, industrious and I have found them to be friendly, eager to learn. They are, of course, loyal to their own country. We, however, have a serious lack of loyalty to country in America.
The present leadership in their country is about as representative of the people as our present leadership is representative of us.
I agree with this.

From what I have managed to gather about this treaty, most of the people who would know, believe it's a good decision. While those who claim it's not, are clearly partisan, and have a record of opposing ANYTHING the Obama administration has done, is doing, or will do, regardless of both honesty and reason. So although I can't claim I fully understand this treaty, or it's future ramifications, it appears to me that the people who are in a position to understand it better, are in favor of it. And because the Iranian people are generally well educated, friendly toward the U.S. and the rest of the modern world, I think it's worth doing whatever we can to advance a positive relationship with them.