RANSOM FOR MANY OR ALL ?

DougE

All who believe are saved.

Beyond that there are things which are not clear to me, even just going by the epistles clearly written by Paul. I believe I am still in a moment of spiritual transformation. Perhaps I have said some things above that are wrong. I pray that God will give me the grace to understand.

This is the gospel to be believed:

This is the gospel by which we are saved.
1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

We are all sinners who can not save ourselves.
See Romans 3:23 Titus 3:5 Romans 5:6

Christ died for our sins; He was our substitute, He paid the full penalty and debt for our sin by his blood sacrifice.
See 2 Corinthians 5:21 Romans 3:24 Romans 3:25 Romans 3:26

He was buried.

He rose again for our justification ( to declare us righteous) and forgiveness of all our sin. He gives us His righteousness and eternal life.
See Romans 4:25 Ephesians 1:7 Romans 4:22 Romans 4:23 Romans 4:24 1 Corinthians 1:30

All we have to do is believe the gospel.
See Romans 4:5 1 Corinthians 1:21 Ephesians 1:13

Believing is being persuaded that something is true.
See Romans 4:21

The moment you believe you have eternal life.
Titus 1:1 Titus 1:2 Titus 3:7

Trust the gospel of your salvation. Believe in Jesus Christ to have provided payment for your sins and to give you eternal life. Place your faith in Jesus Christ, in his blood, his death and his resurrection.

beloved57

douge

The moment you believe you have eternal life.
Titus 1:1 Titus 1:2 Titus 3:7

Those verses dont say that. In fact one must have eternal life already before they can believe the Gospel.

God's Truth

:wave2:

Clueless one, I was point out something about THAT SCRIPTURE that I quoted.

I don't need to quote the entire Bible every time.

Two REFERENCES to the new TESTAMENT in THIRTEEN epistles without a SINGLE clear indication of the body of Christ being in a covenant does NOT support your theory.

The covenant and testament are the same thing.

Jesus made a covenant with his blood and body.

When anyone wants to get saved, they must go through the blood and body.

That is the body of Christ.

That is entering the covenant, and it is the new testament.

Right Divider

Body part
The covenant and testament are the same thing.
No, they are not. You must consider CONTEXT, which you never do.

Jesus made a covenant with his blood and body.
The new covenant is between God and Israel... just like the old one.

The scripture is CLEAR and UNAMBIGUOUS about that .... but you don't care.

When anyone wants to get saved, they must go through the blood and body.
Yes, no covenant.

That is the body of Christ.
Who was the first member of the body of Christ?

That is entering the covenant, and it is the new testament.
Nope.

God's Truth

The scripture is CLEAR and UNAMBIGUOUS about that .... but you don't care.

Yes, no covenant.
Anyone who wants to be saved must come to the blood and body and that is the new covenant which is about the new testament.

If a person doesn't come to the cross where the blood and body are, then they are not saved.

Who was the first member of the body of Christ?

Nope.

When Jesus sent the promised Spirit. That is how one gets in Christ and Christ in them.

clefty

The scripture is CLEAR and UNAMBIGUOUS about that .... but

The old covenent even included the mixed multitude that came with them...I provided you over 20 texts about ONE LAW for native and foreigner alike...as in the Sabbath commandment

because ALL who believed and obeyed were saved from Egypt and headed to the promised land...neat eh?

Already in the church in the wilderness there were non-blood related promised a place...faith + obedience = saved

As His House is for ALLLL nations...

Peter affirms that the believing goyim received the Spirit because It saw NO DISTINCTION between them and Jews...Paul affirms believing goyim are no longer foreigners but citizens of Israel...grafted into...as He removed the wall that separates Jew and believing goyim...oh and obedient ones obedient to Him His way His faith...

I mean being let into a generous host’s house we don’t claim his rules don’t apply to us do we? Or seek to change them?

Especially if He says they are for everyone and Eternal...

Right Divider

Body part
They are identical.

Anyone who wants to be saved must come to the blood and body and that is the new covenant which is about the new testament.
:dizzy:

Jesus had to teach the New Testament and then die for the new covenant to go into effect.
While on earth, Jesus was a minister of the circumcision. He taught the law and the covenants and the prophets.

He did NOT preach the gospel of the grace of God that He gave LATER to Paul.

If Jesus was preaching grace during His earthly ministry ... He would have said so.

God's Truth

It is a testament, like a last will and testament for a man when he dies.
That testament is also a covenant because that man is God.

While on earth, Jesus was a minister of the circumcision.

A minister of the circumcision is about being a minister to those circumcised and belonged to God by faith. Many circumcised Jews were cut off and could not be saved at that time because God did not accept them according to the New Testament/Covenant.

He taught the law and the covenants and the prophets.

Jesus fulfilled the law and the prophets.

That means that everything the prophets taught, and even the prophets names, were all about Jesus.

Jesus came and taught a new testament/covenant.

Jesus did not preach the old law, old covenant.

It is laughable to think Jesus did when he taught to have faith in him;

and to have forgiveness of sins through him---which means NOT through the purification works as given by the old covenant.

It is laughable because you don't know that Jesus worked on a Sabbath, which was against the old law.

It is laughable because you think Jesus taught the old law when Jesus said no eye for eye and tooth for tooth.

It is laughable because Jesus said only one marriage.

Jesus changed food making one unclean.

It is laughable because he changed being put to death for working on the Sabbath and committing adultery.

He did NOT preach the gospel of the grace of God that He gave LATER to Paul.
It is laughable that you say that grossly wrong thing about Jesus who CAME WITH GRACE.

If Jesus was preaching grace during His earthly ministry ... He would have said so.

You don't know what grace is then. Just Jesus coming is grace!

It is silly that you think Jesus came and taught the old law and was killed for teaching the old law?

Right Divider

Body part
It is a testament, like a last will and testament for a man when he dies.
Indeed and it's NOT identical to the new covenant.

That testament is also a covenant because that man is God.
Made up.

A minister of the circumcision is about being a minister to those circumcised and belonged to God by faith. Many circumcised Jews were cut off and could not be saved at that time because God did not accept them according to the New Testament/Covenant.
Read the scripture for what it actually says instead of forcing your bogus story onto it.

Rom 15:8-13 KJV Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: (9) And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name. (10) And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people. (11) And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people. (12) And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust. (13) Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Jesus fulfilled the law and the prophets.
Classic churchianity.

That means that everything the prophets taught, and even the prophets names, were all about Jesus.
Jesus is God ... Amen.... He's not His own father as you falsely and foolishly claim.

Joh 17:5 KJV And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
Jesus came and taught a new testament/covenant.

Jesus did not preach the old law, old covenant.
Even after His resurrection, Jesus told the eleven (soon to be restored to twelve) that they should teach the law.

Mat 28:20 KJV Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

One of the ALL THINGS that He had commanded them was to KEEP THE LAW.

Mat 23:1-3 KJV Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, (2) Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: (3) All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Believe the WORD and ditch your fairy tale.

God's Truth

Indeed and it's NOT identical to the new covenant.

The new covenant is the new testament is the new covenant.

Made up.

Read the scripture for what it actually says instead of forcing your bogus story onto it.

Why don't you?

Classic churchianity.

Good.

Jesus is God ... Amen.... He's not His own father as you falsely and foolishly claim.

That is derailment from one thing you have wrong to another you have wrong and can't understand either one.

Even after His resurrection, Jesus told the eleven (soon to be restored to twelve) that they should teach the law.

Show where Jesus said that; and make sure that is exactly what Jesus said; not what your mind wants it to say.

Jesus taught the NEW LAW.

So you want to keep saying Jesus taught the old law? Then Jesus according to you was lying when he said no eye for eye?

Believe the WORD and ditch your fairy tale.

Why don't you?

Right Divider

Body part
The new covenant is the new testament is the new covenant.
Constant repetition does not make a false statement become true.

Why don't you?
Are you still in the 6th grade?

:rotfl:

Churchianity is full of myths... like your silly fairy tale.

That is derailment from one thing you have wrong to another you have wrong and can't understand either one.
:angrymob:

Show where Jesus said that; and make sure that is exactly what Jesus said; not what your mind wants it to say.
I DID.... you DON'T READ WHAT OTHERS WRITE.

Jesus taught the NEW LAW.
:juggle:

So you want to keep saying Jesus taught the old law? Then Jesus according to you was lying when he said no eye for eye?

Mat 28:20 KJV Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Mat 23:1-3 KJV Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, (2) Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: (3) All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

If you don't know what Jesus meant by "sit in Moses' seat", you need to learn.

Why don't you?
My four year old grandson makes more sense than you.

God's Truth

Constant repetition does not make a false statement become true.

Are you still in the 6th grade?

:rotfl:

Churchianity is full of myths... like your silly fairy tale.

:angrymob:

I DID.... you DON'T READ WHAT OTHERS WRITE.

:juggle:

If you don't know what Jesus meant by "sit in Moses' seat", you need to learn.

My four year old grandson makes more sense than you.

I've explained this scripture to you MANY times.

Jesus told them since the temple is still standing to not break the temple laws because the Pharisees and teachers of the law would have them killed.

Jesus taught the new law.

Right Divider

Body part

I've explained this scripture to you MANY times.

Jesus told them since the temple is still standing to not break the temple laws because the Pharisees and teachers of the law would have them killed.

Jesus taught the new law.
Jesus told them to keep the law. It's wasn't about "danger". What foolishness!!!