Quotations of the day

FineLinen

"The work of Christ on the cross did not influence God to love us, did not increase that love by one degree, did not open any fount of grace or mercy in His heart. He had loved us from old eternity and needed nothing to stimulate that love. The cross is not responsible for God's love; rather it was His love which conceived the cross as the one method by which we could be saved. God felt no different toward us after Christ had died for us, for in the mind of God Christ had already died before the foundation of the world. God never saw us except through atonement. The human race could not have existed one day in its fallen state had not Christ spread His mantle of atonement over it. And this He did in eternal purpose long ages before they led Him out to die on the hill above Jerusalem. All God's dealings with man have been conditioned upon the cross.” - A.W. Tozer

FineLinen

The work of Christ on the cross did not influence God to love us, did not increase that love by one degree, did not open any fount of grace or mercy in His heart.

He has loved us from all eternity and needed nothing to stimulate that love.

The cross is not responsible for God's love; rather it was His love which conceived the cross as the one method by which we could be saved.

God felt no different toward us after Christ had died for us, for in the mind of God Christ had already died before the foundation of the world.

God never saw us except through atonement.

The human race could not have existed one day in its fallen state had not Christ spread His mantle of atonement over it.

This He did in His eternal purpose long ages before they led Him out to die on the hill above Jerusalem.

All God's dealings with man have been conditioned upon the cross. - A.W. Tozer

FineLinen

"The Christian experience, from start to finish, is a journey of faith." - Watchman Nee

“Your journey is towards your homeland. Remember you are travelling from the world of appearances to the world of Reality." – A. K. Ghujduwani

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." - Helen Keller

FineLinen

"God's purposes are so vast and glorious, beyond all guessing now, that when they are achieved and consummated, all our sufferings and sorrows of today, even the agonies that nearly break our faith, the disasters that well nigh overwhelm us, shall, seen from that fair country where God's age long dreams come true, bulk as little as bulk now the pieces of a broken toy upon a nursery floor, over which, thinking that all our little world was in ruins, we cried ourselves to sleep." -Dr. Leslie Weatherhead

Behold, I make all things new!

[youtube]HUBY9TxnAMw[/youtube]

FineLinen

"My love to God and my admiration have increased unutterably since I have seen that He is not the defeated fiend of Christendom, but is fully able to cope with evil and sin, and bind them all to the chariot wheels of love. All His attributes, including holiness, and righteousness, serve in the livery of love. Adored be His Name!" -A.E. Knoch

"Annihilation is the triumph of death over life: it is the very antithesis to the gospel, which asserts the triumph of Christ over every form of death." -Thomas Allin (Christ Triumphant)

FineLinen

"Once a profound truth has been seen, it cannot be 'unseen'. There's no 'going back' to the person you were. Even if such a possibility did exist... why would you want to?" ~Dave Sim

1623804226507.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

"The momentary lightness of our affliction is producing for us a transcendently transcendent everlasting burden of glory...what is being observed is temporary, what is not being observed is everlasting." ~A.E. Knoch

1623826705687.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

"Punish a man for his sins, that is just: punish him for ages...that may be just: but make no end of punishing him for that sin, reduce him from a man to a devil, let him become forever vile, that is not just. The only justice to a sinner in a case like our human one is mercy, is to make his punishment finite according to his works...and of such a nature as not simply to torment the man, but to drive him back to the way of God." - T. P. Forsyth

FineLinen

"Every time God forgives us, God is saying that God's own rules do not matter as much as the relationship that God wants to create with us." - Richard Rohr (Falling Upward)

"Faith does not need to push the river because faith is able to trust that there is a river. The river is flowing. We are in it." -Richard Rohr

FineLinen

"A lost sheep is, for all practical purposes a dead sheep. It is the admission that we are dead in our sins---that we have no power of ourselves either to save ourselves or to convince anyone else that we are worth saving. It is the recognition that our whole life is out of our hands and that if we ever live again, our life will be entirely the gift of some gracious shepherd. God finds us the desert of death (not in the garden of improvement) and in the power of Jesus' resurrection, he puts us on his shoulders rejoicing and brings us home." -Robert Farrar Capon-

1624197667426.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

"It is more beautiful to trust in God. The beautiful in this world is all from his hand, declaring the perfection of taste; he is the author of all form; he clothes the lily, he colours the rose, he distils the dewdrop, he makes the music of nature; in a word, he organized us for this life, and imposed its conditions; and they are such guaranty to me that, trustful as a little child, I leave to him the organization of my soul, and every arrangement for the life after death. I know he loves me." ~Lew Wallace

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
"It is more beautiful to trust in God. The beautiful in this world is all from his hand, declaring the perfection of taste; he is the author of all form; he clothes the lily, he colours the rose, he distils the dewdrop, he makes the music of nature; in a word, he organized us for this life, and imposed its conditions; and they are such guaranty to me that, trustful as a little child, I leave to him the organization of my soul, and every arrangement for the life after death. I know he loves me." ~Lew Wallace
And if He made all the natural beauty, then imagine what He has in store for us as we attend His Mass! You can't /don't know His love or His beauty unless you discern His body 1 Corinthians 11:29

Go to Mass.