Quotations of the day

FineLinen

"Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, But a good word makes it glad." -Proverbs 12:25

1617702354693.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

"I am firmly convinced that there is life after death, not in a primitive sense but as the entry of my completely finite person into God's infinity, as a transition into another reality beyond the dimension of space and time that pure reason can neither affirm nor deny." ~Hans Kung

Attachments

• 1617806435062.png
    1617806435062.png
    735.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

FineLinen

"When we sin and mess up our lives, we find that God doesn't go off and leave us- He enters into our trouble and saves us." -Eugene H. Peterson

"At-one-ment is the blending of God's vast resources with our great need." -David E. Johnson

FineLinen

"Will you hesitate to sink your emptiness in this fullness―to drink abundantly from this supply―to go to Jesus with every sin, the greatest; with every temptation, the strongest; with every need, the deepest; with every trial, the severest; with your mental despondency, your lowest spiritual frame―yes, exactly as you are―and receive from Christ's boundless grace―grace to help you in the time of need? Hesitate not! Every drop of Christ's fullness of grace is yours! And you have not a sin this grace cannot cancel, not a corruption it cannot subdue―not a trial of faith or patience it cannot sustain―not a cross or burden it cannot enable you to bear." -Octavius Winslow

FineLinen

"To sum it all up, then, what is needed for happy and effectual service is simply to put your work into the Lord's hands, and leave it there. Do not take it to Him in prayer, saying, 'Lord, guide me, Lord, give me wisdom, Lord, arrange for me,' and then arise from your knees and take the burden all back, and try to guide and arrange for yourself. Leave it with the Lord; and remember that what you trust to Him you must not worry over nor feel anxious about. Trust and worry cannot go together." Hannah W. Smith

1618041654192.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

"I believe that it is impossible to set limits to the grace of God. I believe that not only in this world, but in any other world there may be, the grace of God is still effective, still operative, still at work. I do not believe that the operation of the grace of God is limited to this world. I believe that the grace of God is as wide as the universe." -Dr. Wm. Barclay

1618055039196.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

“You see, then, that the most anyone can do is point people to Jesus as the sole Source of Life. They may experience Life through us, but we cannot give them Life ourselves. To those bound by Organized Religion, Jesus cries, “You search the Scriptures, because you think in them you have Life. You are content to read about Me, but you will not come to Me that you may have Life” (John 5:39,40, paraphrased). Come to Me!

Not, “Memorize these Three Easy Steps and attend the Church of your choice this Sunday.”

“Come to Me!” He is Life.” - Chip Brogden

FineLinen

"The mysteries of the Kingdom are reserved, not for passive listeners, but for true followers: "so when they were alone, He expounded all things to His disciples." ~ Chip Brogden