Quotations of the day

FineLinen

“Many of us are missing something in life because we are after the second best.” - Eric Liddell

“It has been a wonderful experience to compete in the Olympic Games and to bring home a gold medal. But since I have been a young lad, I have had my eyes on a different prize. You see, each one of us is in a greater race than any I have run in Paris, and this race ends when God gives out the medals.” ~ Eric Liddell

FineLinen

“This much is certain, that we have no theological right to set any sort of limits to the loving-kindness of God which has appeared in Jesus Christ. Our theological duty is to see and understand it as being still greater than we had seen before.” -Karl Barth

FineLinen

"We must learn to live on the heavenly side and look at things from above. To contemplate all things as God sees them, as Christ beholds them, overcomes sin, defies Satan, dissolves perplexities, lifts us above trials, separates us from the world and conquers fear of death." - A. B. Simpson

1614765501818.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

“Like a good chess player, Satan is always trying to maneuver you into a position where you can save your castle only by losing your bishop.” ~.C.S. Lewis

1614870926472.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

"Temptations, when we meet them at first, are as the lion that roared upon Samson; but if we overcome them, the next time we see them we shall find a nest of honey within them." - John Bunyan

1615119088632.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

God's Gentle Whisper​

There are truths that can never be learned except in the noise and confusion of the market place or in the tough brutality of combat. The tumult and the shouting teach their own rough lessons. No man is quite a man who has not been to the school of work and war, who has not heard the cry at birth and the sigh at life's parting. But there is another school where the soul must go to learn its best eternal lessons. It is the school of silence. Be still and know, said the psalmist, and there is a profound philosophy there, of universal application. -A.W. Tozer

FineLinen

"The gospel of a God found in broken flesh, humility, and measureless charity has defeated all the old lies, rendered the ancient order visibly insufficient and even slightly absurd, and instilled in us a longing for transcendent love so deep that-if once yielded to-it will never grant us rest anywhere but in Christ." -David Bentley Hart

“The reason the very concept of God has become at once so impoverished, so thoroughly mythical, and ultimately so incredible for so many modern persons is not because of all the interesting things we have learned over the past few centuries, but because of all the vital things we have forgotten.” - David Bentley Hart

FineLinen

"God is always bigger than the boxes we build for God, so we should not waste too much time protecting the boxes." -Richard Rohr-