Quotations of the day

FineLinen

"Always know that there is bigger force working behind everything. An amazing, divine force that's absolutely beyond any explanation or logic. Faith is the beautiful key that connects us to that divine force. Once you are able to find the link to that eternal divine force, you start seeing life from a very different perspective. You start realizing the bigger picture of life and what our journey here is truly all about. Always remember that everything is working in divine order. Just have an unbreakable faith in God. His love is so overwhelming that cannot be expressed in just a few words, it has to be only felt with a pure heart and soul." -Valeri Hernandez-

FineLinen

"Union with Christ in His resurrection was not an after-thought on the part of God. It was not some sort of plan b because the devil had spoiled Plan A." -John Gavazzoni-

FineLinen

“This life is not righteousness, but growth in righteousness, not health, but healing, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not yet what we shall be, but we are growing toward it, the process is not yet finished, but it is going on, this is not the end, but it is the road. All does not yet gleam in glory, but all is being purified.” - Martin Luther-

FineLinen

"Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times." -Martin Luther-

iu

FineLinen

“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” - Corrie ten Boom-

"The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays.” - Soren Kierkegaard-

"Prayer at its highest level is at-one-ment with the Spirit and Mind of God our Father." -David E. Johnson-

FineLinen

“But the ultimate reason for our hope is not to be found at all in what we want, wish for and wait for; the ultimate reason is that we are wanted and wished for and waited for. What is it that awaits us? Does anything await us at all, or are we alone? Whenever we base our hope on trust in the divine mystery, we feel deep down in our hearts: there is someone who is waiting for you, who is hoping for you, who believes in you. We are waited for as the prodigal son in the parable is waited for by his father. We are accepted and received, as a mother takes her children into her arms and comforts them. God is our last hope because we are God's first love.” - Jürgen Moltmann-

FineLinen

The prophet who foresees that “He shall deliver the needy, when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper”; no less declares that He “loveth righteousness and hateth iniquity”, and that “He cometh to judge the world with equity and the people with His truth”. Some of His elect may think, that, because they are elect, He will not judge them. But because He is the Truth, He must judge all wrong, and judge it even more in those who know and are near Him, than in those who know Him not. For He reveals Him who said of old, “You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore will I punish you for your iniquities”. - Andrew Jukes-

FineLinen

“Because of Christ's prevenient and unconditional invitation, the fellowship of the table cannot be restricted to people who are 'faithful to the church', or to the 'inner circle' of the community. For it is not the feast of the particularly righteous, of the people who think that they are particularly devout; it is the feast of the weary and heavy-laden, who have heard the call to refreshment.” -Jürgen Moltmann-

FineLinen

"Christians were never meant to be normal. We’ve always been holy troublemakers, we’ve always been creators of uncertainty, agents of dimension that’s incompatible with the status quo; we do not accept the world as it is, but we insist on the world becoming the way that God wants it to be. And the Kingdom of God is different from the patterns of this world." -Jacques Ellul-

"Belief is reassuring. People who live in the world of belief feel safe. On the contrary, faith is forever placing us on the razor's edge." -Jacques Ellul-

"Before God I am a human being... But I am caught in a situation from which there is truly and radically no escape in a spider's web I cannot break. If I am to continue to be a living human being, someone must come to free me. In other words, God is not trying to humiliate me. What is mortally affronted in this situation is not my humanity or my dignity. It is my pride, the vainglorious declaration that I can do it all myself. This we cannot accept. In our own eyes we have to declare ourselves to be righteous and free. We do not want grace. Fundamentally what we want is self-justification. There thus commences the patient work of reinterpreting revelation so as to make of it a Christianity that will glorify humanity and in which humanity will be able to take credit for its own righteousness." -Jacques Ellul-

FineLinen

“The symbol of a drama, a symphony, or a dance is useful to correct a certain absurdity which may arise if we talk too much of God planning and creating the world for good and then being frustrated by the free will of the creatures. This may raise the ridiculous idea that the Fall to God by surprise and upset His plan, or else – more ridiculous still – that God planned the whole thing for conditions which, He well knew, were never going to be realized.” - C.S. Lewis-

oyyexe2rz0i51.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

"The goodness of God is infinitely more wonderful than we will ever be able to comprehend." -A.W. Tozer-

"This is true faith, a living confidence in the goodness of God." -Martin Luther-

"To be grateful is to recognize the love of God in everything He has given us - and He has given us everything. Every breath we draw is a gift of His love, every moment of existence is a grace, for it brings with it immense graces from Him. Gratitude therefore takes nothing for granted, is never unresponsive, is constantly awakening to new wonder and to praise of the goodness of God. For the grateful person knows that God is good, not by hearsay but by experience. And that is what makes all the difference." -Thomas Merton-

iu

FineLinen

"The current Evangelical theology involves in its system belief in the deathlessness of sin, the indestructibility of error, and permanence of evil. That though there was a time in the history of the universe when sin in any shape or form did not exist, when no cry of pain or sense of guilt darkened the all-extensive bliss and holiness of creation, yet since sin has once effected an entrance into such a scene, it has come in never to go out again, indestructible, unconquerable, ineradicable, endless. Absolute happiness and sinlessness have forever vanished like the phantom of a dream. The ‘eternal state’ is a universe endlessly finding room for myriads of souls rolling and writhing in the burning agonies of ceaseless flame, eternally sinful, vile and morally hideous. It picdtures the final perfection yet to be attained as having room for a vast cesspool of immoral and degraded beings, continually existing in opposition to God." – Vladimir Gelesnoff-

FineLinen

“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.” -Mark Twain-

“The reason there’s so much ignorance is that those who have it are so eager to share it.” -Frank A. Clark-

“A child-like man is not a man whose development has been arrested; on the contrary, he is a man who has given himself a chance of continuing to develop long after most adults have muffled themselves in the cocoon of middle-aged habit and convention.” -Aldous Huxley-

iu

FineLinen

“Have you been asking God what He is going to do? He will never tell you. God does not tell you what He is going to do; He reveals to you Who He is.” - Oswald Chambers-

76bd87760182f62c786e2d3dddc106de.jpg

FineLinen

iu

"Man finds it hard to get what he wants, because he does not want the best; God finds it hard to give, because He would give the best, and man will not take it." -George MacDonald-

"Seeing is not believing - it is only seeing." -George MacDonald-

"Doing the will of God leaves me no time for disputing about His plans."

FineLinen

“The Word we study has to be the Word we pray. My personal experience of the relentless tenderness of God came not from exegetes, theologians, and spiritual writers, but from sitting still in the presence of the living Word and beseeching Him to help me understand with my head and heart His written Word. Sheer scholarship alone cannot reveal to us the gospel of grace. We must never allow the authority of books, institutions, or leaders to replace the authority of knowing Jesus Christ personally and directly. When the religious views of others interpose between us and the primary experience of Jesus as the Christ, we become unconvicted and unpersuasive travel agents handing out brochures to places we have never visited.” - Brennan Manning-

iu

FineLinen

“Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the One who is leading.” - Oswald Chambers-

“We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties.” - Oswald Chambers-

iu

FineLinen

"Love is what God is, love is why Jesus came, and love is why he continues to come, year after year to person after person...May you experience this vast, expansive, infinite, indestructible love that has been yours all along. May you discover that this love is as wide as the sky and as small as the cracks in your heart no one else knows about, and may you know, deep in your bones, that love wins." -Rob Bell-

FineLinen

“Do not be afraid. Do not be satisfied with mediocrity. Put out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.” - Pope John Paul II-

“If we were left to ourselves with the task of taking the gospel to the world, we would immediately begin planning innovative strategies and plotting elaborate schemes. We would organize conventions, develop programs, and create foundations… But Jesus is so different from us. With the task of taking the gospel to the world, he wandered through the streets and byways…All He wanted was a few men who would think as He did, love as He did, see as He did, teach as He did and serve as He did. All He needed was to revolutionize the hearts of a few, and they would impact the world.” - David Platt-

iu