ECT Questions for Roman Catholics

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
"for a sign", not a so-called saint supposedly in heaven who hears.

"Looked upon", not bowed to, not prayed to or through.

Try again.

I don't think those excuses are going to work for you. If Christianity doesn't suit you, why not make a complete break and try something else?

Old man

I don't think those excuses are going to work for you. If Christianity doesn't suit you, why not make a complete break and try something else?

Christianity suits me very well thank you, Catholicism with all it's non-Biblical traditions of and added by men does not.

Try it, you might like it.

Old man

Now go ahead and post your supposed proof for this bare assertion. (Sorry, but "My pastor says so" just isn't good enough.)

No, it is the Scriptures that say so "But my Pope says..." so God's Word just isn't good enough without what the church adds and teaches, "ROMAN Catholicism".

Cruciform

No, it is the Scriptures that say so...
...as interpreted by your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, you mean. Sorry, not good enough---unless you can demonstrate that your chosen man-made sect is in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself, and against which he declared that the gates of hell would never prevail (Mt. 16:18)...? No, didn't think so.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Old man

...as interpreted by your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, you mean. Sorry, not good enough---unless you can demonstrate that your chosen man-made sect is in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself, and against which he declared that the gates of hell would never prevail (Mt. 16:18)...? No, didn't think so.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

And you think your chosen Babylonian/Roman man made Sol Invictus cult is the one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ Himself?

No, not only don't think so, know so.

Cruciform

And you think your chosen Babylonian/Roman man made Sol Invictus cult is the one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ Himself? No, not only don't think so, know so.
Feel free then, to post your proof for this wholly unsubstantiated claim. Let's have it.

everready

Christ, Constantine, Sol Invictus: the Unconquerable Sun

Christ, Constantine, Sol Invictus: the Unconquerable Sun

All the evidence suggests that Constantine viewed Christ as one of many gods in a crowded pantheon, a war god at that, who had provided him with his victory over Maxentius, and that this new Christian god could be used as a political tool to solidify his power and prestige in the empire, as well as bringing about a total homogeneity of culture to ancient Rome as witnessed by his calling of the council of Nicea in 325 C.E. to settle the Arian controversy, and also by the later solidification of the dates of Easter and Christmas, for he well knew that power and control in a complex organization depended upon common agreement in regard to the symbols that held it together.

For example, in May 330 at the dedication of the new Roman capital Constantinople Constantine was "[d]ressed in magnificent robes and wearing a diadem encrusted with jewels (another spiritual allegiance of Constantine's, to the sun, a symbol of Apollo, first known from 310 was expressed through rays coming from the diadem") (Freeman).

The ancient connection to the sun as a god clearly exemplifies Constantine's adoration and admiration for such a "heavenly" deity. After his death and the later collapse of the Roman Empire, the medieval civilization that arose on the ashes of shattered Rome, in particular the Catholic Church would continue the incorporation into the Christian pantheon of religious symbols far predating the beginning of Catholicism.

http://www.themystica.com/mystica/articles/c/christ_constantine_sol_invictus.html

everready

Dona Bate

And you think your chosen Babylonian/Roman man made Sol Invictus cult is the one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ Himself?

No, not only don't think so, know so.
If you have to think about whether or not the Catholic Church is the one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ Himself you actually KNOW nothing!

Knowing is something we do without thinking. For example when you are asked for your name, you don't have to think about it you know it without thinking.*

I on the other hand have always known the Catholic Church is the One True Church founded by Christ Himself. I somehow have always known this before I knew my name!?

God Bless!

everready

If you have to think about whether or not the Catholic Church is the one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ Himself you actually KNOW nothing!

Knowing is something we do without thinking. For example when you are asked for your name, you don't have to think about it you know it without thinking.*

I on the other hand have always known the Catholic Church is the One True Church founded by Christ Himself. I somehow have always known this before I knew my name!?

God Bless!

She's one historic church alright. :sigh:

everready

fishrovmen

Conversation 2 (Mary) might go like this:
Weakling: What are you doing?
Catholic: Asking Mary to pray for me.
Weakling: So you're worshiping Mary?
Catholic: No, I'm asking her to pray to God - whom I worship.
Weakling: Is Mary IN THE STATUE?
Catholic: No. It's just a statue.
Weakling: So if I destroy the statue, do I destroy Mary?
Catholic: No. It's just a statue.

If Mary is NOT in the statue, can you be miles away from any statue of her and she will hear you pray to her? Or does her hearing get better as you get closer to a statue of her?

Old man

Why do Catholics pray to (their own created and venerated) Saints such as in the link below instead of directly to the Father in the name of Christ?

www.ourcatholicprayers.com/prayer-to-st-jude.html

You notice St. Jude is addressed as "O glorious" and "O blessed", and "I will never cease to 'honor thee' as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to 'encourage devotion to thee'." (devotion to other than God?)

Where is the honor and devotion to the ONE and ONLY GLORIOUS FATHER and JESUS CHRIST???

And the above speaks of only one of the hundreds of saints the Catholics have created and venerated to non-existent positions to address different occasions and situations.

Nothing but praying to idols and as the Apostle Paul said of the Greeks, they had created a god for every occasion and even had an un-known god for a catch-all if they had missed making one for something or the other.

Catholicism? NO THANKS!

Only the One and the One and Only HOLY GOD! (no Popes, no so-called Saints)