Questions for freelight

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
A friendly recommendation..............

A friendly recommendation..............

This looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship?

You're likely reading way too much into things, as per your usual posturing. A meeting of minds certainly can be a beautiful thing, as those minds understand, connect and correlate various ideas, concepts and points of view. It might be something you might want to explore and experience for yourself.

pj

Letsargue

You're likely reading way too much into things, as per your usual posturing. A meeting of minds certainly can be a beautiful thing, as those minds understand, connect and correlate various ideas, concepts and points of view. It might be something you might want to explore and experience for yourself.

pj

WELL, - It's Kinda like what was stated a little earlier, "I can't stand posters who claim to be Christians". - IT left out, -- "who are Not". - It's not understood that anyone who claims to be a Christian, and is not, is to God, the Worst form of non-Christian there is!!

Well, that's what we have here in this - ~christian filled ~love kind of place.

Paul

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
WELL, - It's Kinda like what was stated a little earlier, "I can't stand posters who claim to be Christians". - IT left out, -- "who are Not". - It's not understood that anyone who claims to be a Christian, and is not, is to God, the Worst form of non-Christian there is!!

Paul

Yes, I agree, but I'm free from that 'trap' because I don't claim to be a 'christian', neither have a need to. Its just a label. Just a word. If one has the Spirit of God, they will bear the kind of fruit Jesus himself bore, for a tree is known by its fruit. Goodness, truth, beauty, kindness, compassion, wisdom....are their own reward.

pj

Letsargue

Yes, I agree, but I'm free from that 'trap' because I don't claim to be a 'christian', neither have a need to. Its just a label. Just a word. If one has the Spirit of God, they will bear the kind of fruit Jesus himself bore, for a tree is known by its fruit. Goodness, truth, beauty, kindness, compassion, wisdom....are their own reward.

pj

OHH Yes, I understand, However, these Guys are suppose to be the Same as I, If we are Christians, and they Prove they are NOT by their expression of ----- "~love?????

Paul

Letsargue

pj

I can't hardly stay laid down, I was thinking of what you had said in one of your Posts, and I had to come back and look it up, and this is it.

"Christian": - is what they were called first at Antioch. - To go along with what you said above, The word "Christian" is just translated from A Phrase "such as", - "Christ Like". - I don't think that is too far from what your thinking is.

To be "Christian" in my and supposed to be these guys thinking of ourselves, we are supposed to be "Christ Like", in Translate, "Christian". Do or don't; - that doesn't make the difference.

( 1 John 32 KJV ) -- 2- "Beloved, now are we the "sons of God", and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, ( We shall be like Him ); "FOR" we shall see Him as He is". --//----- Thus, what God says is who He / Christ is. If we "See" what God says. We Just SEE the Word and that is Christ. We are to let that Word be our changing to the New Creature, "Like Christ", Patterned by the Word / Christ.

It has been My Thinking, that most all the fulfillment of statements, that included, doesn't really come to, until the Fulfillment of all. That's where I stand now in my Faith. - SO, I think you saying it the way you do, in the time you are in, in Thought, you say the same thing the Children of God did in your and their time. If you can gather what I'm saying? - Question.

Now I'll try to get some sleep if I can. --- Later!! ---- I had to come back.

To say the same thing that that Scriptures says, only in another way:

"If we see Him in the Mirror, we shall be like him, ( "Because" ) we see Him as He is". - Thus If we SEE Him in the Mirror, We will be "Like Him" in the Mirror. - TOO, If we SEE Him In our Minds, We are Like Him.

Now Maybe!!

Paul

Last edited:

JosephR

I can't hardly stay laid down, I was thinking of what you had said in one of your Posts, and I had to come back and look it up, and this is it.

"Christian": - is what they were called first at Antioch. - To go along with what you said above, The word "Christian" is just translated from A Phrase "such as", - "Christ Like". - I don't think that is too far from what your thinking is.

To be "Christian" in my and supposed to be these guys thinking of ourselves, we are supposed to be "Christ Like", in Translate, "Christian". Do or don't; - that doesn't make the difference.

( 1 John 32 KJV ) -- 2- "Beloved, now are we the "sons of God", and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, ( We shall be like Him ); "FOR" we shall see Him as He is". --//----- Thus, what God says is who He / Christ is. If we "See" what God says. We Just SEE the Word and that is Christ. We are to let that Word be our changing to the New Creature, "Like Christ", Patterned by the Word / Christ.

It has been My Thinking, that most all the fulfillment of statements, that included, doesn't really come to, until the Fulfillment of all. That's where I stand now in my Faith. - SO, I think you saying it the way you do, in the time you are in, in Thought, you say the same thing the Children of God did in your and their time. If you can gather what I'm saying? - Question.

Now I'll try to get some sleep if I can. --- Later!!

Paul

I am sure PJ will agree that we are all Sons of God and that Jesus came to make us aware of this.and doing that He brings salvation to the world thus fulfilling the scriptures.

Do not be deceived by a lie but allways judge a tree by its fruit :)

Letsargue

I am sure PJ will agree that we are all Sons of God and that Jesus came to make us aware of this.and doing that He brings salvation to the world thus fulfilling the scriptures.

Do not be deceived by a lie but allways judge a tree by its fruit :)

10~~~ 4!!

Paul

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
mirror vessels.......

mirror vessels.......

Yes,....first called at a particular place and time, among those of that gentile community, yet we would note what the original early Jewish followers of Jesus were called those of 'The Way', and also identified in various sorts as Nazarenes (spelling may vary), Ebionites, etc. We also note commonalities and links with the Essenes, and later Gnostic movements.

This reflects back to Paul's statement of we beholding the glory of the Lord as looking into a mirror :) - as children of light, we all partake of one original light and reflect its image, archetyped as the Adam-Kadmon. Christ in us, the hope of glory. We are naturally like him, if we be sharers of the divine nature, because that nature is of one essence, indivisible,....yet individually expressing thru every 'soul' or 'cell' within his spiritual body. I find it peculiar that so many fundies dis and attack pagan/mystery religion concepts, when Paul is rife with them, and adapts(adopts) their various themes in his own gospel.

Research portal on Paul here.

In light of people here or anywhere claiming to be 'christians', I'm mindful of the 'connotations' associated with the 'term', especially if some of these 'christians' are bearing fruit that is far from 'Christ-like' in virtue, kindness, grace, compassion, and the love that the Jesus of the gospel extends and embodies as an avatar of divine love. It would seem some cherry-pick on some aspect of rebuke, and deem it divinely sanctioned or approved, when its really used by a religious ego to insult, harm and demean others which is truly satanic in nature. - that's its supposedly done in the name of 'love' is repugnant.

To say the same thing that that Scriptures says, only in another way:

"If we see Him in the Mirror, we shall be like him, ( "Because" ) we see Him as He is". - Thus If we SEE Him in the Mirror, We will be "Like Him" in the Mirror. - TOO, If we SEE Him In our Minds, We are Like Him.

The analogy Paul gives is wonderful, since he was a 'gnostic' and held the power of personal revelation as key, an experiential knowledge of God not only by 'faith' but by 'gnosis'.

17 By “the Lord” what I mean is the Spirit, and in any heart where the Spirit of the Lord is present, there is liberty. 18 Now all of us, with our faces unveiled, reflect the glory of the Lord as if we are mirrors; and so we are being transformed, metamorphosed, into His same image from one radiance of glory to another, just as the Spirit of the Lord accomplishes it.

- 2 Cor. 3:18, The Voice

God who is Light is reflecting Himself, since He is indivisible Light itself. That light is mirrored in us, in substance, image and form. Because God is light, we are light.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes,....first called at a particular place and time, among those of that gentile community, yet we would note what the original early Jewish followers of Jesus were called those of 'The Way', and also identified in various sorts as Nazarenes (spelling may vary), Ebionites, etc. We also note commonalities and links with the Essenes, and later Gnostic movements.

This reflects back to Paul's statement of we beholding the glory of the Lord as looking into a mirror :) - as children of light, we all partake of one original light and reflect its image, archetyped as the Adam-Kadmon. Christ in us, the hope of glory. We are naturally like him, if we be sharers of the divine nature, because that nature is of one essence, indivisible,....yet individually expressing thru every 'soul' or 'cell' within his spiritual body. I find it peculiar that so many fundies dis and attack pagan/mystery religion concepts, when Paul is rife with them, and adapts(adopts) their various themes in his own gospel.

Research portal on Paul here.

In light of people here or anywhere claiming to be 'christians', I'm mindful of the 'connotations' associated with the 'term', especially if some of these 'christians' are bearing fruit that is far from 'Christ-like' in virtue, kindness, grace, compassion, and the love that the Jesus of the gospel extends and embodies as an avatar of divine love. It would seem some cherry-pick on some aspect of rebuke, and deem it divinely sanctioned or approved, when its really used by a religious ego to insult, harm and demean others. - that's its supposedly done in the name of 'love' is repugnant.

The analogy Paul gives is wonderful, since he was a 'gnostic' and held the power of personal revelation as key, an experiential knowledge of God not only by 'faith' but by 'gnosis'.

God who is Light is reflecting Himself, since He is indivisible Light itself. That light is mirrored in us, in substance, image and form. Because God is light, we are light.

pj

Love your 'pseudo-intellectual' rantings!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

pj

Don't wish to join your cult! I'm sure you'll understand my decision!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Paul

If ya don't like TOL, why not, get outta Dodge?

Status
Not open for further replies.