Question on the Transfiguration

daqq

This is what I'm talking about...."This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount".

Yeah, I know what you were saying, I was just stating some of the deeper implications of what the author is saying in that passage by the full context which you quoted. Essentially, he is saying that what happened at the transfiguration event, (topic of the thread), is in the holy Prophets, and that his interpretation cannot be overruled by modern day "Dispies", "separate Age of Gracers", "70AD Prets", or anyone else, (because theirs would be a private interpretation which does not understand the supernal and spiritual nature of what is written in the Prophets). But I suppose since it is not the thrust of the topic I will let it go so as not to distract from the current subject matter, (just wanted to note that point since it really is part of the overall discussion though not the main point of this thread).

2003cobra

It's very specifically compared to the conversation on the Mount.

Your problem is that you don't believe the word of God has depth and breadth...you read it on a very superficial level, as all natural men of the flesh do.
Oh, I know the Word of God has depth and breadth and more.

Your error is that you have decided Bible = Word of God. That is not a teaching of scripture; it is a tradition that you have adopted.

2003cobra

Rest assured....the Holy Spirit allowed Paul to state his opinion on the matter. But your point is taken.

Interesting change.

Earlier you declared the Holy Spirit told the New Testament writers what to write. Now they are allowed to write their own opinions.

glorydaz

Interesting change.

Earlier you declared the Holy Spirit told the New Testament writers what to write. Now they are allowed to write their own opinions.

Clearly, the Spirit is capable of giving His seal of approval on what Paul deigned to write. Is that a problem for you? Don't you think God is capable of such a thing? Maybe you want to limit God according to your own human reasoning. We see many places in the word where what man wanted to say was allowed to be said. Paul just recorded it in his letter. Very enlightening for anyone that trusts God's word to be exactly how He intended.

glorydaz

Oh, I know the Word of God has depth and breadth and more.

Your error is that you have decided Bible = Word of God. That is not a teaching of scripture; it is a tradition that you have adopted.

That is taught in Scripture. You just refuse to accept it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Yes, He was both beloved and solved.

That was never the problem.

The problem was in specifying what was said from the cloud.

Do you have an opinion on the real problem?

The problem is your translation, since the same original language word is used in matthew and luke, both should say the same thing

2003cobra

Clearly, the Spirit is capable of giving His seal of approval on what Paul deigned to write. Is that a problem for you? Don't you think God is capable of such a thing? Maybe you want to limit God according to your own human reasoning. We see many places in the word where what man wanted to say was allowed to be said. Paul just recorded it in his letter. Very enlightening for anyone that trusts God's word to be exactly how He intended.

Same old error, pretending that a person observes that God did not do something means the person believes that God is incapable of doing that.

God did not stop 9/11; that does not mean He is incapable.

2003cobra

The problem is your translation, since the same original language word is used in matthew and luke, both should say the same thing

Not in the best manuscripts, only in later revisions.

But that is not the question. The question you are afraid to answer is: what did the voice from the cloud say?

You only give two options. It appears you don’t know which one is right.

2003cobra

I read back through the entire thread. I don’t think anyone answered what was really said.

People either did not answer or gave several options.

daqq

I read back through the entire thread. I don’t think anyone answered what was really said.

People either did not answer or gave several options.

Lol, so that means you have now read what I posted twice and have ignored it twice. :chuckle:

daqq

I see you think the differences are a problem? Actually if all the accounts in the Bible matched perfectly then there would be serious reasons to doubt the Bible, because it would show there was collusion involved in its creation. However, the three writers here where not eye witnesses but got there information second or even third hand and so of course there would be slight differences just as we would expect.

That may sound good on the surface but in the overall picture it only serves to distort the reality. There was indeed collusion: however, that is not a bad thing but a good thing. That is why each one tells his own version of events and why there are differences; for they are intentional, and by the same reasoning I said earlier that the Gospel accounts are like different rooms of the same house or different levels of a multi-story house, while it is altogether one and the same, one house. Moreover the author of Acts openly admits as much in Acts 6:2-4, (collusion). The day of Pentecost had come, and the Spirit of Truth was bringing into their remembrance all things which the Master had said to them: only an unwise, foolish, and unprofitable servant would not write those things down. What else do you suppose they were doing that was more important than waiting on tables? They were pouring over the scriptures and writings and laying out the table of the Master, (the Word).