Question for Bob Hill: Rewards

elected4ever

Bob Hill said:
Again, we will be caught up at the rapture and always be with the Lord.
1 The 4:17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

Redeemed Israel will be on the new Earth.

Bob Hill
1 Thessalonians 4:13 *¶But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 *For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 *For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 *For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 *Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 *Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Where does it say that redeemed Israel will be on the new Earth? I have found no scripture that suggest that.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
truthman said:
Revelation 21:2a, 21b "And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven...and the street of the city [was] pure gold" It's coming down from heaven to the new earth. Where will you spend eternity? Earth or heaven?

We inhabit the City, the New Jerusalem. Eventually, it comes down and hovers over earth. There will be some who will continue into eternity on the new earth in natural bodies (JWs are not wrong about everything), and the Church will have glorified bodies and have access to the City and restored paradise earth.

elected4ever

godrulz said:
We inhabit the City, the New Jerusalem. Eventually, it comes down and hovers over earth. There will be some who will continue into eternity on the new earth in natural bodies (JWs are not wrong about everything), and the Church will have glorified bodies and have access to the City and restored paradise earth.
reference please

godrulz

Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
reference please

Eschatology is not based on one proof text. Some of it involves speculation or inferences from all relevant texts throughout the Bible.

Revelation 21 talks about the City coming down and the nations of the earth having access to its light.

Adam

Hall of Fame
godrulz said:
Eschatology is not based on one proof text. Some of it involves speculation or inferences from all relevant texts throughout the Bible.

Revelation 21 talks about the City coming down and the nations of the earth having access to its light.
And this is after the great falling away of the Body of Christ from the earth as prophesied in Thessalonians. Therefore, it only applies to who will be left.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
truthman said:
And this is after the great falling away of the Body of Christ from the earth as prophesied in Thessalonians. Therefore, it only applies to who will be left.

The falling away (are you talking about 2 Thess.) is during the Great Tribulation before His Second Coming. The New Jerusalem descends 1000 years later after the millennial reign of Christ before the New Heavens and Earth.

elected4ever

godrulz said:
The falling away (are you talking about 2 Thess.) is during the Great Tribulation before His Second Coming. The New Jerusalem descends 1000 years later after the millennial reign of Christ before the New Heavens and Earth.
But where does it say that Jesus or us return to heaven? Meeting the Lord in the air does not constitute a return to heaven.

Adam

Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
lets drop it on this tread. Eschatology is another topic.
He who identifies the problem, most likely has the solution. Start another thread?

Freak

Bob Hill said:
If our level of rewards are not a significant thing for eternity, I don't know why God would emphasize them like He does. :confused:

Bob,
Is not our reward the Lord Jesus?
What other rewards are there?
Is not Jesus enough?
One would think Jesus and His very life is the believer's reward.

Mr. 5020

Freak said:
Bob,
Is not our reward the Lord Jesus?
What other rewards are there?
Is not Jesus enough?
One would think Jesus and His very life is the believer's reward.
It is A reward, yes.

Mr. 5020

Freak said:
If one didn't receive any other reward but Jesus would you be missing something of eternal significance?
No, I would not. Jesus would be enough, to me. But apparently God wants to give us more.

Welcome back, by the way. :5020:

Mr. 5020

Freak said:
If Jesus is God and He is, what more could we need in His presence? Is He not our All?
I agree. I said it would be enough for me. Were you aware of this? :eek:
Freak said:
What eternal rewards would that be?
Off the top of my head: crowns, and the place He has prepared.

Freak

Mr. 5020 said:
Off the top of my head: crowns,
Crowns? For what? I just don't get this talk about rewards. The Scriptures are not clear on this subject but I do know Jesus Christ is our reward for He is our life and in Him we not lacking anything!

"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."

Mr. 5020

Freak said:
Crowns? For what? I just don't get this talk about rewards. The Scriptures are not clear on this subject but I do know Jesus Christ is our reward for He is our life and in Him we not lacking anything!
Do some research, Freak. The Bible says, in more than one location, that we will receive crowns. Do you think I am making it up?
Freak said:
"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."
I don't think heavenly crowns are "earthly things."

Freak

Mr. 5020 said:
The Bible says, in more than one location, that we will receive crowns. Do you think I am making it up?
No, but ones understanding of "crowns" is mistaken. Jesus is our crown. The apostle John, tells us, the one has crowns "...is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God."

The crowns that believers have obtained is Jesus the Lord!

I don't think heavenly crowns are "earthly things."
I think I can reasonably go back to the question I posed to answer any concerns one might have about rewards or "crowns": If one didn't receive any other reward but Jesus would you be missing something of eternal significance?

The answer is NO!!