ECT Proof: You were only forgiven of your past sins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

It’s sad that not one person on this thread actually understands Hamartiology, instead thinking that the noun of sin is the verb or its results as actions from actING.

Literally, not one person understands it, but all are offering adamant subjective opinion-based eisegetics of scripture. Sad.

What about sin would you like to talk about?

Right Divider

Body part
It’s sad that not one person on this thread actually understands Hamartiology, instead thinking that the noun of sin is the verb or its results as actions from actING.

Literally, not one person understands it, but all are offering adamant subjective opinion-based eisegetics of scripture. Sad.
I admire your candor for openly confessing that you do not understand it.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I admire your candor for openly confessing that you do not understand it.

Since I have not previously posted in this thread, I am not among those who are the antecedent for my referrent statement in paragraph two for paragraph one. So, Wrong Divider, your bogus cuteness is fallacious.

This lack of understanding of grammar (even in your own native language) is why you have no idea what scripture says about much of anything; and why your total linguistic ignorance has led to so many areas of false doctrine that you are convinced are authentic because “muh dialectic magisterial subjective opinion based on corrupted epistemics”.

Right Divider

Body part
Since I have not previously posted in this thread, I am not among those who are the antecedent for my referrent statement in paragraph two for paragraph one. So, Wrong Divider, your bogus cuteness is fallacious.
We all enjoy your puffed up words.

This lack of understanding of grammar (even in your own native language) is why you have no idea what scripture says about much of anything; and why your total linguistic ignorance has led to so many areas of false doctrine that you are convinced are authentic because “muh dialectic magisterial subjective opinion based on corrupted epistemics”.
We really enjoyed our vacation while you were gone.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
We all enjoy your puffed up words.

LOL. “Puffed up words” like Hamartiology, which you know nothing about in spite of your presumption that you do.

Golly gee, Wally. Puffed up words? You of all people certainly know about puffed up words, since that’s all yours are. Even your bogus screen name.

We really enjoyed our vacation while you were gone.

Of course you did (as did I away from all of TOL’s antichrist heresy of every ilk). That’s how it is with those like you who have imbibed and believe heterodoxy and heresy in reprobation and apostasy. Your temporary form of hades in this life will be a more final form soon enough, Puffy. :)

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul was the last Apostle to be saved by grace, not the first.
:chuckle: silliness

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

You lie when you say it is not believing who Christ is.
Believing WHO the Lord is, is not the power of God unto salvation to anyone today. In other words, believing in God is not the power of God. The power of God is the preaching of the cross (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV).

The gospel of the grace of God (called "the gospel of Christ" when it was to the Jew first and also to the Greek during Paul's Acts provoking ministry) is the word of truth, the gospel OUR salvation. It is WHY Christ died; how that Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), by which the saved have received, wherein we stand, by which also we are saved! And this is the simple formula to be saved and sealed today (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV)!

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
:chuckle: silliness

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Yes, he was the first one saved that had run the gambit against his church, thereby being the last man in the world that should have received mercy.

Believing WHO the Lord is, is not the power of God unto salvation to anyone today. In other words, believing in God is not the power of God. The power of God is the preaching of the cross (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV).

Not believing who went to the cross is important. Okay gotcha.

The gospel of the grace of God (called "the gospel of Christ" when it was to the Jew first and also to the Greek during Paul's Acts provoking ministry) is the word of truth, the gospel OUR salvation. It is WHY Christ died; how that Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), by which the saved have received, wherein we stand, by which also we are saved! And this is the simple formula to be saved and sealed today (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV)!

Without the power of God no man will believe it. ;)

john w

Hall of Fame
This lack of understanding of grammar (even in your own native language) is why you have no idea what scripture says...

Vs.

LOL....Golly gee,....

Teach us some of your "own native language," besides grammar, such as the above. Please? Do be a dear.Teach us some "modern" English language, so we can text you zingers, like "LOL," like other teens do.Please teach us.

=log in....lose your mind.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
At the moment you were born-again …
you were only forgiven of the sins you had committed up to that point in time!

“For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his OLD sins. Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for IF you do these things you will never stumble; for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” (2 Peter 1:9-11, NKJV)
“OLD sins” is also in the KJV, RSV, NLT, AMP

“having forgotten his purification from his FORMER sins.” (2 Peter 1:9, NASB)
“FORMER sins” is also in the ESV

“forgetting that they have been cleansed from their PAST sins.” (2 Peter 1:9, NIV)
“PAST sins” is also in the HCSB

Now for some confirming NT passages …

Paul wrote this to the Corinthian church concerning his words of rebuke
in 1 Corinthians that he had sent to them concerning some particular sin(s).
They really needed to be sorrowful and repent.

“… the pain (from his rebuke) caused you to repent and change your ways. It was the kind of sorrow God wants His people to have, so you were not harmed by us in any way. For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. … worldly sorrow, which lacks repentance, results in spiritual (eternal) death.”
(2 Corinthians 7:8-10, NLT)

“Yes, I am afraid that when I come again, God will humble me in your presence. And I will be grieved because many of you have not given up your old sins. You have not repented of your impurity, sexual immorality, and eagerness for lustful pleasure.” (2 Corinthians 12:21, NLT)

Peter is warning believers about God’s destruction of all ungodly and unholy people:
“Then he used the water to destroy the ancient (ungodly) world … the day of judgment, when ungodly people will be destroyed. … He is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed (perish spiritually), but (he) wants everyone to repent. … what holy and godly lives you should live … (you) make every effort to be found living peaceful lives that are pure and blameless in his sight. … I am warning you ahead of time … Be on guard so that you will not be carried away by the errors …” (2 Peter 3:6-17, NLT)

John gives the condition for the Lord to forgive believers’ present sins:
“But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
and to cleanse us from all wickedness (unrighteousness).” (1 John 1:9, NLT)

“This is an extremely important verse … all men need to be repeatedly purified from all unrighteousness – from all their sins … We must confess our sins and turn from them …
We must also confess them with our actions … (John) is talking here about repentance …
we must hate our sins and turn from them. This is true repentance.”
(The Applied New Testament Commentary; Dr. Thomas Hale)

2 verses later, John reminds believers to ask Jesus to plead our case before the Father:
“My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin.
But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father.
He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous.” (1 John 2:1, NLT)

Believers are responsible for repenting of their sins after they are born-again!
They have been given the Holy Spirit, a totally new nature, and God’s word.
So, they have been enabled to be victorious overcomers over sin, the world, and the devil.
They have no excuse for failing to do this.

How does this work with when a person first hears the gospel? Is it at this time that they are forgiven their past sins? Or is it that those who heard of what Christ had done had been forgiven of all and the past was all that there was?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes, he was the first one saved that had run the gambit against his church, thereby being the last man in the world that should have received mercy.
First for a pattern is first and you can't change it. That means no one was in the church which is Christ's Body before Paul.

Not believing who went to the cross is important. Okay gotcha.
Believing WHO the Lord is, is not WHY Christ died which is the preaching of the cross/ the power of God.

Without the power of God no man will believe it. ;)
The power of God is the preaching of the cross. It is the gospel of Christ, the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation (Romans 1:16 KJV,Ephesians 1:13) declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. Only those who trust the Lord after hearing it are saved and sealed. All others are lost and in need of the righteousness of God upon them (Romans 3:21-22 KJV).

Jerry Shugart

The power of God is the preaching of the cross. It is the gospel of Christ, the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation (Romans 1:16 KJV,Ephesians 1:13) declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. Only those who trust the Lord after hearing it are saved and sealed.

What gospel do you think that Peter was speaking of in his first epistle:

"Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed"
(1 Pet.2:24).

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot" (1 Pet.1:18-19).​

heir

TOL Subscriber
What gospel do you think that Peter was speaking of in his first epistle:

"Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed"
(1 Pet.2:24).

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot" (1 Pet.1:18-19).​
Peter was preaching a future atonement (according to prophecy) to Israel at the second coming ( Peter 1:13 KJV) just as he did in Acts 3:19-21 KJV, to which Paul confirmed in Romans 11:26-27 KJV while Paul preached..."by whom we have NOW received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV) according to his gospel (the why of the cross 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,...(Romans 16:25-26 KJV).

glorydaz

Peter was preaching a future atonement (according to prophecy) to Israel at the second coming ( Peter 1:13 KJV) just as he did in Acts 3:19-21 KJV, to which Paul confirmed in Romans 11:26-27 KJV while Paul preached..."by whom we have NOW received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV) according to his gospel (the why of the cross 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,...(Romans 16:25-26 KJV).

Ah, it's a pleasure to see you back, Heir. :thumb:

Jerry Shugart

Peter was preaching a future atonement (according to prophecy) to Israel at the second coming ( Peter 1:13 KJV)

The word "redeemed" in the following verse does not speak of anything which will happen in the future because those to whom the epistle was addressed were already redeemed by the blood of the Lamb:

This epistle was written to believers who were living in the first century and Peter told those believers that they are redeemed by the blood of the Lord Jesus. He is not telling them that they will be redeemed at sometime in the future.

Do you not even know the difference betweeen the "present" tense and the "future" tense?

Peter told these believers that they were already "born again" by the word of God, the gospel:

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God...And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you" (1 Pet.1:23,25).​

musterion

And yet James and John, with their many litmus tests, WARN the Jewish believers against false faith, not having adequate works, not producing fruit, and falling away. Baptists never try to square that with all their born again "they were as saved as us" talk.

Now watch...he'll ignore all that and pose another question.

Status
Not open for further replies.