Private Threads - To Be Or Not To Be?

rainee

Why am I a good example?
I said you were a good example because you were showing you have a sweet spirit within you.

If you were given an apology, would that help?

And this shows how truly innocent you are!

Most of the men and many of the women are hard heads here.
And besides TH would rather verbally twist one up in horrifically implied insults and grievous aggravations than apologize for throwing his bossiness around.

No, good heart, I don't look for apologies. And why should i? I am guilty of so many things as well.

But I still draw a line on what is rightfully done and not - someone can straighten me out on an admin level if I am wrong.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I could say all of us are rather boring except how we interplay with and off each other so - all threads theoretically should improve with more of us all posting. Now that is in theory, in reality that is not always so as we have seen and experienced - but still a variety of people posting should be better than some homogeneous clique. Could keep us all grounded.

1. Because you threw a fit on two different music threads (and yes, you threw a fit) and then deleted a bunch of your posts in which you threw that fit (and more than a few insults), I didn't get to enjoy a Christmas music thread that I would have enjoyed seeing every day.

2. When you wandered into the HOF thread, instead of a "whoops, didn't realize," you started this thread. Was it so you could "publicly punish" them? Oh, wait... that's what you were complaining they'd done to you. I got mixed up there for a minute.

Let people have threads that have a specific purpose that doesn't include you. Or me. It's okay.

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said you were a good example because you were showing you have a sweet spirit within you.

And this shows how truly innocent you are!

Most of the men and many of the women are hard heads here.
And besides TH would rather verbally twist one up in horrifically implied insults and grievous aggravations than apologize for throwing his bossiness around.

No, good heart, I don't look for apologies. And why should i? I am guilty of so many things as well.

But I still draw a line on what is rightfully done and not - someone can straighten me out on an admin level if I am wrong.

Thank you for your kind words, rainee. You've made me smile.. Although, its' been a long time since I've been called innocent. :noid:

rainee

1. Because you threw a fit on two different music threads (and yes, you threw a fit) and then deleted a bunch of your posts in which you threw that fit (and more than a few insults), I didn't get to enjoy a Christmas music thread that I would have enjoyed seeing every day.

2. When you wandered into the HOF thread, instead of a "whoops, didn't realize," you started this thread. Was it so you could "publicly punish" them? Oh, wait... that's what you were complaining they'd done to you. I got mixed up there for a minute.

Let people have threads that have a specific purpose that doesn't include you. Or me. It's okay.

Put them in the Theology Club Section
then. Or something like that. Please.

And PS
I only threw one fit
Before that I merely argued.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Put them in the Theology Club Section
then. Or something like that. Please.

You know rainee, while I have good friends in the Hall of Fame, I couldn't care less about being famous if I tried. It's not what's important to me, especially not here. If it is to you, then nothing I can say will make any difference, you're going to stand there with your nose pressed up against the glass and that's sad, because if you stand back and look around you, there's a great big world out here.

And PS
I only threw one fit
Before that I merely argued.
You didn't respect the spirit of the thread, and I'm sorry you couldn't see that.

rainee

pps And Anna, you lost the Christmas thread you would have enjoyed because
I and another after me made an accidental mistake.

We did not know two things:
1. That we were interfering.
2. That the interference would stop it from happening.

Later my insulting post was blamed for stopping everything but I wrote the post when i saw the thread was deep six'd by the thread starter.

I TRIED later to get him back to it. Deleted the offending music post on that Christmas Music Thread (only) but to no avail.

Then I appealed to TH.

After that there was nothing left but to wipe my slate.

So Anna I appreciate you blaming me for the sake of love, but it is wrong of you
on another level since it is done out of loyalty and not justice.

rainee

You know rainee, while I have good friends in the Hall of Fame, I couldn't care less about being famous if I tried.
If you tried what?
To care less?
It's not what's important to me, especially not here.
Anna, you could be inducted, TM could be, Bybee could, FS, many come to mind. That is so not a problem.

But I do not care about smoking cigars, yet I post on that thread as well. How's your discernment doing, Anna?

If it is to you, then nothing I can say will make any difference, you're going to stand there with your nose pressed up against the glass...

You know speaking of glass I tried for a long time to get into that Truth Smacking Club because I couldn't see in to it and wanted to look around... Steko told me he couldn't be traitorous or something to the people here who let him in to it when I tried to get him to help me ..

and that's sad, because if you stand back and look around you, there's a great big world out here.

Anna, you don't know me at all.
But I repeat, I think I know a little about you - that you are loyal to your friends and I respect that.

You didn't respect the spirit of the thread, and I'm sorry you couldn't see that.

Well I may be slow but I do not want to destroy any one's spirit here.
I still regret the thing with Zoo. And caining him would prolly help us both. kidding

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Anna, you could be inducted, TM could be, Bybee could, FS, many come to mind. That is so not a problem.
I would be happy for all of them, they all make TOL a better place.

For the following, please don't respond, I won't be elaborating on it or answering.

For me I don't expect it ever, I've made too many enemies. But it doesn't make any difference. I'm not interested in fame, don't think about the HOF (unless something like this prompts it), I wouldn't want to be in it nor would I accept if it ever did happen (and it won't). I have my reasons and hope you'll respect that I don't intend to go into it.
You know speaking of glass I tried for a long time to get into that Truth Smacking Club because I couldn't see in to it and wanted to look around... Steko told me he couldn't be traitorous or something to the people here who let him in to it when I tried to get him to help me ..

Anna, you don't know me at all.
Ah, rainee. Maybe I know you a little.

Let it go, and I mean that sincerely. Maybe we'd all be a little happier if we let go of these little things.

I guess I'd better get on with my own day. Take care.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Now TH has asked me to stay off the HOFer's thread. I think Jimmy Hoffa would be proud of him for being so bossy.

But should I stay off?
Should you?

Please share your opinions, thank you.

I *personally* do not mind *you* or others posting there. The only time I would mind is if the person in question was only posting in that thread to take potshots at TOL or the HOF members. Thus far, I can only think of one disgruntled member who falls in that category, and you are not her.

However, my opinion really isn't relevant because the purpose of thread is determined by person who created it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...Now TH has asked me to stay off the HOFer's thread. I think Jimmy Hoffa would be proud of him for being so bossy.
Was this the real point of your thread?

But should I stay off? Should you?
Depends on how you were brought up, I suppose.

It's for HOF members. We have whole sections for exclusively Christian posting. You want to protest that too? :plain: Where's your thread going on about atheists being bullied about? :rolleyes: Or is it only a rough injustice if you're inconvenienced?

Yes I understand believe me, that is how I felt before I got insulted, corrected and ordered about.
Here was that highly insulting post:

It is very wonderful to see the HoF group doing well and good!
Appreciated rainee, but posting here is restricted to Hall of Fame members.

There seems to be a little confusion on the point of late. :idunno: Now that means please, don't post here to apologize for not realizing you weren't meant to post here. :eek:
However did you live after that scathing notice?

This post being on the heels of Eeset posting twice, once after being asked nicely to abstain and being reminded of the OP.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Didn't Hoffa end up wearing concrete?...mebbe it was cow shine as per the OP, I don't mean the OP is cow shine [my that did look bad] but Rainee mentioned stepping into cow shine, that's what I meant

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I thought it might be amusing and interesting for everyone to be able to see HOFers stepping in and out and give newbies a notion of the diversity around here, how you don't have to be any one thing to find a place of relative respect and longevity, despite the grumbling of some to the contrary.

Among all the threads that are accessible for anyone to say nearly anything, I don't see a great inconvenience being worked by having one thread dedicated to that purpose.

...which do not exclude non-Christians
Exclusively Christian Theology (32 Viewing)
This forum is exclusively for those who consider themselves Christian and consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God.