Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

Should be preached not offered !

Should be preached not offered !

To Preach Repentance and Remission of sins in His Name as Per Lk 24:47

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Its definitly not to preach them[repentance] as a condition for man to perform in order for Christ to save them, But it is to be preached that they are accomplished facts through Jesus Christ's Work and His Person, and that they are both given to the Elect of God, Israel as Per Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Now if you noticed, those are the same Two Blessings that He said were to be Preached, in His Name among all Nations, because the Israel He saved is located throughout all Nations ! However He did not say Repentance is an condition man must meet to get saved, Thats a False Gospel and detracts from what Christ has accomplished for His People and bestows upon them !

Last edited:

beloved57

A Preacher of Righteousness !

2 Pet 2:5
And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood

Preaching Righteousness in the Purpose of God is not always for the Salvation of others, such is the case with Noah, a preacher of righteousness. Noah's preaching would be during the time he was building the ark 1 Pet 3:20

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

However before he ever began to build the Ark [A Type of Christ], God had informed him already as to who would be saved or preserved from the condemnation of His Judgment against mankind, and who exactly the Ark [Type of Christ] was being prepared for Gen 6:9-22

9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

10 And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

15 And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

16 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.

17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

18 But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.

19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

20 Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

21 And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.

22 Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.

Now notice God's determination in Vs 13

Following that, God gave Noah precise instruction on the building of the Ark and who exactly it would accommodate Vs 14-21

Now all this information is very important to understand, because Noah's Preaching would need to be guided by the revealed will of God and Purpose of God and so he knew that according to God's revealed will and purpose to him Vs 13 as a Preacher, that only eight souls were purposed by God to be saved, and the rest of mankind shall be destroyed, and the thing was determined.

So with that in mind, Noah's preaching would not in any way give hope of being saved to anyone else other than those he knew God had chosen with himself Vs 18

18 But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.

Noah would have been a false Preacher if he would have told those he preached to, that if you repent, God will allow you into the Ark [Type of Christ] also for safety from His Divine Wrath coming upon the Earth to destroy all mankind !.

In fact, if Noah made mentioned of who God was going to save in the Ark, he would have preached Election, and he would have told them what God told him here Gen 6:13, 18

He would have preached to them of God's Discriminating Grace Gen 6:8.

You know Jesus said that during the end times, just prior to His return, the World conditions would be similar as to those during the days of Noah before the flood Matt 24:36-39

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

The Preaching of the Gospel during this time Matt 24:14, will not be for the salvation of anyone, but mainly it will be for a witness to all nations, other than a small remnant of the Election of Grace in that time.

The Preaching of the Gospel for everyone else will be for their condemnation like as with Noah's Preaching Heb 11:7

7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

He became an Heir of the Righteousness which is by Faith ! That could only be the Righteousness of Christ Imputed, the Same as Abraham and His Seed.

Rom 3:22

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Phil 3:9

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Rom 4:11,13

And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Yes, Noah Preached Christ's Righteousness, how else could he have been a Preacher of Righteousness, without Preaching Christ ?

beloved57

This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached !

This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached !

Matt 24:14

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Preaching the Gospel of the kingdom, for the True Servants of the Most High never preach a Salvation that is offered or made available, but they preach a Salvation that is accomplished by God for a People, and that its by His Sovereign rule or reign Isa 52:7

7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

Notice that word reigneth ! Its the hebrew word malak :

to be or become king or queen, reign

a) (Qal) to be or become king or queen, reign

b) (Hiphil) to make one king or queen, cause to reign

c) (Hophal) to be made king or queen

2) to counsel, advise

a) (Niphal) to consider

To rule.

Christ comes as a King reigning bringing and applying Salvation to His subjects, the citizens of His Kingdom Zech 9:9

Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ***, and upon a colt the foal of an ***.

In the day of His Power, His People shall be willing Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

His True Servants state Isa 40:1-2;9-11

Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.

2 Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins.

9 O Zion, that bringest good tidings, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God!

10 Behold, the Lord God will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.

11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

Rom 10:15

And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

The Good News of the Gospel is not an offer of Salvation, if you do this or do that, but a Proclamation of the Sovereignty of God and what He has done to accomplish Salvation for His Chosen People Zion, the Church !

Also lets look at a portion of scripture that defines what it is to proclaim good news, the evangel Lk 1:19

19 And the angel[God's Messenger] answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.or Gospel

Now the glad tidings are the things rehearsed previously in verses 15-17

15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.

17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

These are things told him [Johns Father] of the things John would do as the forerunner of Jesus Christ, God in Man.

These things are not maybe's or possibilities, or offers, but declarations of established facts of God's Sovereign through John the Baptist towards People, and so is the preaching of the Gospel of the Kingdom, The Gospel of the King of that Kingdom.

King Jesus[He was born a King Matt 2:2] work accomplished Salvation for His People, from the dominion of sin, and satan Rev 12:7-11, especially Vs 10

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

And Vs 11 is the Testimony of the Gospel

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

beloved57

What good news ?

What good news ?

What good news is it, to say that Christ died for our sins as Per 1 Cor 15:1-3

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

If it remains the possibility that one for whom sins He died may yet die in their sins in unbelief as per Jn 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

What a dishonoring of the Death of Christ, for Him to had died for the sins of people, and yet many of them shall die in their sins He died for in unbelief. Its dishonoring to Christ and the perversion of His Gospel. !

beloved57

When is it the Power of God ?

When is it the Power of God ?

Rom 1:16

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

When is the Gospel of Christ the Power of God ? Its only when those hearing it are also believing it !

To everyone who is believing , believeth is in the present tense, and should be rendered believing, and so its the power of God that causes belief in the Gospel.

Its God's power when it is effectively persuading the hearer to believe it. Now understand something, just the mere preaching of the words of the gospel is not the power of God, Paul calls that the Gospel in word only here 1 Thess 1:5a

For our gospel came not unto you in word only,

But its when the Gospel is effectively coming in the Power of the Spirit, effectively persuading one to believe, it is then and only then the Power of God. 1 Thess 1:5

For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

That word power here is the same word used by Paul in Rom 1:16, the greek word dunamis:

(a) physical power, force, might, ability, efficacy, energy, meaning (b) plur: powerful deeds, deeds showing (physical) power, marvelous works.

When the Spirit accompanies the word, the Gospel then has inherent power to persuade to belief.

Thats when we believe according to the working of His Power, that shows the greatness of His Power [1411] Eph 1:19

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe according to the working of his mighty power,

Its the Spirit that makes it [the Gospel] to be savour of life unto life ! Jn 6:63

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

2 Cor 2:16

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

The Spirit gives life and power to the preached word, to those who have been quickened to life by Christ 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

None can remain in unbelief when the Gospel to them is acting as the Power of God , lest we say sin defeated the Power of God !

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
However He did not say Repentance is an condition man must meet to get saved...

Well, of course not. Jesus came to call sinners, so the more you sin the more you get saved. Jesus does all the repentance for us and we can just concentrate on having fun. Let Jesus repent of our sin. That's what he's there for, right?

What a deal. Gimme some of that. Yeah.

beloved57

jamie

Well, of course not.

Thats my point, if the scripture does not say repentance is an condition for one getting saved, then don't say or imply that it is.

. Jesus came to call sinners

Some of them, not all of them.

Jesus does all the repentance for us and we can just concentrate on having fun

You and i have two different Jesus's.
Let Jesus repent of our sin. That's what he's there for, right?

I have the slightest ideal what your jesus purpose is nor do i care to know. Do you understand post 485 ?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Thats my point, if the scripture does not say repentance is an condition for one getting saved, then don't say or imply that it is.

It seems really simple to me, Jesus does not join himself to people who are practicing sin. You can claim all you want that he does, but it is not biblical.

beloved57

God the very first Preacher to His Elect !

God the very first Preacher to His Elect !

The very first Gospel message was delivered by God Himself and delivered as a word of Salvation only to His Elect, Adam and Eve the first parents to the godly seed Mal 2:15

15 And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.

After their terrible transgression, God spoke to them as He spoke to the serpent who caused their transgression, He made this Declaration Gen 3:13-15

13 And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

This declaration to the Woman and Her Seed, was a Gospel Promise of Salvation, it was not a offer made, it had no conditions for the Woman to meet, it was a pure promise by the Grace of God of what He was going to do through the Women's Seed according to the Flesh ! The Woman through Her Seed would be vindicated from this terrible and dastardly deed the serpent beguiled her into, God would save Her out of that Temptation disaster.

Remember She and Her Husband were Godly Seed Mal 2:15, and this is God's Promise to the Godly 2 Pet 2:9

The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

That word temptations is the greek word peirasmos:

trial, probation, testing, being tried, (b) temptation, (c) calamity, affliction.

And that is what God designed by means of the serpent tempting them, God tried them as He does here Deut 13:1-4

If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

4 Ye shall walk after the Lord your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

As He did here with His Son Matt 4:1

Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

At Adam's Creation, the whole human race in him was also God's Elect, all who had been Chosen in Christ before the foundation, and in this was Adam and Eve a type of Christ and the Church Eph 5:30-32

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

beloved57

God the very first Preacher to His Elect ! 2

God the very first Preacher to His Elect ! 2

Now at the birth of Adam and Eves first sons, the division of mankind was seen, of the Elect out of the Seed of the Women, and the non elect seed of the serpent out of the wicked one.

The seed of the serpent came out first and was named cain by his biological parents Adam and Eve Gen 4:1

And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

We know however that cain was out of the wicked one from 1 Jn 3:12

2 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Yes, the seed of the serpent had to have biological parents to be able to enter the world for God's purpose, and as a chastisement to the Elect couple Adam and Eve, they would have to also parent the serpents seed as well.

Remember God had already said that He was going to put enmity between the Two seeds Gen 3:15 and it began to manifest itself with cain and Abel, cain did hate Abel and slew him. Jesus refers to this incident when confronting others of the serpent seed here Matt 23:32-35

32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Yes, He identifies cain as one of the forefathers of the serpent seed He was now speaking to ! Notice also in Vs 33, Jesus has no good news for them of ever escaping the damnation of hell !

But Abel, he was of the seed of the women, and how do we know this ? Remember when after Seth was born, Eve's words ? Gen 4:25

25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

You see that ? She acknowledged Seth to be of the Seed of the Women, in the place of Abel who cain slew. Notice she did not recognize cain as her seed, because she knew he was a punishment to them for their sin with the serpent, even though she was his biological mother. She knew he was not in the original purpose of the godly seed when God made her and Adam One Mal 2:15

15 And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.

cain was not federally in the loins of Adam when Adam sinned in the beginning, he was added because of transgression ! Abel was, Seth was. Look at Adam's Generations, cain is not there Gen 5:1-3

1This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

Why not start with cain ? Was not cain his firstborn naturally ? Because cain was not in Adam when God created man in His Image and Likeness.

beloved57

God the very first Preacher to His Elect ! 3

God the very first Preacher to His Elect ! 3

So we know Seth is of the Seed of the Women, who replaced Abel, who obviously was also of the Seed of the Women who scripture says had Faith in the promise Heb 11:4

4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Remember, The Just [Righteous] shall live by Faith !

Then it is recorded that his replacement Seth [The another Seed] through him men began to Call upon the Name of the Lord which is an act of Faith Gen 4:25-26

25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the Lord.

Note: Calling upon the Name of the Lord is an result of hearing the word of the Gospel or the Word of Faith Rom 10:12-17

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

So those men were saved in Gen 4:26 !

All men and women who were originally in Adam and Eve before the fall in the beginning shall sometime in their Life " Call upon the Name of the Lord" and be saved !

This goes to prove that they were in Adam and Eve when the first Gospel promise of Salvation was made in the beginning Gen 3:15, to the audience of Adam and Eve and the serpent with his seed in him , however this Gospel Message was only good news to the Women and Her Seed, but a message of death to the serpent and his seed, so Paul writes 2 Cor 2:14-16

14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved[The seed of the women], and in them that perish[the seed of the serpent]:

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

I am sure that Adam witnessed to both sons in the beginning the Gospel, as it is said of his descendant Abraham Gen 18:17-19

17 And the Lord said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;

18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him[Christ]?

19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

The Testimony of Christ shall be embraced by all the Seed, but cains actions made manifest that he was not of that godly seed Mal 2:15, but of that wicked one 1 Jn 3:12.

I am sure he heard the same Gospel witness as Abel did, for God said to him Gen 4:5-7

5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

6 And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?

7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

Doing well would be to offer up a sacrifice like his brother that evidenced Faith in the coming seed for his acceptance with God !

Cain did not hear in Faith, but Abel did because he was given the Faith of God's Elect, and so when he heard the word, He believed because Faith cometh by Hearing and Hearing by the Word of God or Promise !

beloved57

The Purpose of Preaching in Salvation !

The Purpose of Preaching in Salvation !

Eph 4:8-16

8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

The purpose of the Preaching ministries when it came to Salvation, that of the Apostles and Evangelists was not to go out and attempt to win the Lost to Christ, for such an idea is foreign to scripture truth, an evil invention of men, because you see Christ has already won the Lost, He won them from the power and control of the devil, and He has redeemed them unto God Rev 5:9

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

As He was slain they were redeemed !

Now the Job of the Apostle's and Evangelists was to evangelize those Redeemed and Made alive or disciple them. They were sent out for their edification, notice the latter part of Eph 4:12

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

That word edifying is to build the greek word oikodomé:

a) the act of building, (b) a building, (c) met: spiritual advancement, edification.

Its the same word Christ used here Matt 16:18

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The Church also is His Body which He is the Saviour of Eph 5:23

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the Saviour of the body.

So the Preaching of the Gospel [when it comes to Salvation] was for the building or Edification of Christ's Saved and Made alive Body Members, His Church. When I saved, I mean that portion of His Body at given time that has been quickened to Life by His Spirit, each sinner that He quickens or makes alive as their Adam 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

45 Thus it is written, The first man Adam became a living being (an individual personality); the last Adam (Christ) became a life-giving Spirit [restoring the dead to life]. AMP

And Each of them must be Spiritually instructed or edified upon their restoration to Spiritual Life, they need to be instructed in the things of the Lord or guided as it was with Phillip with the Ethiopian Eunuch. Remember the eunuch said Acts 8:30-31

30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

That word guide means:

I lead, guide; met: I instruct, teach.

Same word as in Jn 16:13

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Those made alive with Christ need to be guided into truth which is edification unto them !

beloved57

The Purpose of Preaching in Salvation !2

The Purpose of Preaching in Salvation !2

Phillip was an Evangelist Acts 21:8

And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him.

One of those mentioned here Eph 4:11

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

And because his office was one to edify the body of Christ made alive we have this Holy Narrative how the Spirit of God guided Phillip to instruct one of God's Spiritually awaken Elect Acts 8:26-35

26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.

27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,

28 Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.

29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.

30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

Now notice in this inspired narrative how God providentially Illustrates to us the Purpose of Preaching Christ in Salvation, for He sends a Preacher of the Gospel to a specific individual to feed him the Truth of the Gospel of Christ. First we notice an Angel of the Lord spoke to Phillip Vs 26

26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.

Then next the Spirit of God spake to him Vs 29

29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.

Notice that the Ethiopian had a spiritual desire for the truth , for he was reading the scriptures, no doubt under the influence of the Holy Spirit Vs 30

And then notice how willing and receptive he was of instruction he was to receive from the sent servant of God Vs 31

That word desired is the greek word parakaleō and means

to call to one's side, call for, summon,to beg, entreat, beseech.

It also means:

to instruct, teach

The Eunuch had a desire to be instructed and to be taught and summoned Philip to his side for that Purpose, which was all in the Divine Purpose !

What we have here Illustrated is an decreed opportunity by the Wisdom of God for Phillip to Preach Christ to a Spiritually awakened and prepared sinner, spiritually prepared to receive the Message of the Cross Vs 35

32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

This Narrative gives us the Divine pattern on how the Gospel is sent to them whom Christ has saved and made alive, and how its sent for the edification and bring them to Faith in the Son of God as Per Eph 4:13

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Notice what Phillip asked Acts 8:37

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

One last point. In Preaching Christ, Phillip speaks only of the things Christ did or things done to Him Vs 32-33, nothing recorded about God Loves you, Christ died for you, and you have a choice to make, for all such language is evil inventions of men and foreign to scriptural preaching !

All this means, when it comes to Preaching the Gospel in Salvation, its only for those Christ has already saved, and quickened and now need Spiritual instruction or edification !

beloved57

The Gospel brings New Life to Light !

The Gospel brings New Life to Light !

2 Tim 1:8-10

8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Simply put, the New and Spiritual Life that Christ gives His Sheep, all for whom He died, by the agency of God the Spirit, the Gospel of their Salvation is sent to them to bring that Life to Light !

They are given New Life because for them Christ through His Death for them hath abolished death.

Now we look at another scripture James 1:18

18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

This scripture is an complement to 2 Tim 1:10, for it also testifies that the Gospel, the word of Truth, the Gospel of ones Salvation See Eph 1:13, that it brings life to light.

The verse also is translated:

18 Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.ASV

Now by no means do we intend to teach Gospel Regeneration, for the Gospel in and of itself does not give Spiritual Life, but we understand that the Spirit alone through the Mediation of Christ gives Life Jn 6:63

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

63 It is the spirit that giveth life; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I have spoken unto you are spirit, are are life.

Its only after being given Life that Christ's Words to us are Spiritual and Life and we receive them Jn 17:8

8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

Neither is the preached word the Spirit. However the New and Spiritual Life the Holy Spirit gives in New Birth or Regeneration is at first unconscious , but when that New Life is touched by the Gospel, the Word of Truth, that unconscious Life becomes conscious life [aware of one's own existence, sensations, thoughts, surroundings, etc.]

Its like a new born child, when the babe is first brought out of the womb, it has life, but it needs to be touched on its hiney to begin its first acts of life, it cry's giving evidence of New Life.

That New Life needs to immediately feed of the Word of Truth, the Gospel of its Salvation 1 Pet 2:1

2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

This verse conveniently follows 1 Pet 1:23-25

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Wherein Vs 25 the Gospel is mentioned and before that Vs 23 being born again is mentioned, this proves that Peter teaches the order of first being born again, then having the Gospel Preached to them, to bring forth that New Life from being born again.

beloved57

The Word of Reconciliation is about Salvation !

The Word of Reconciliation is about Salvation !

2 Cor 5:10-21

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

The Word of Reconciliation is actually the Gospel of Our Salvation if Christ indeed died for us.

Many today in organized false religion, deny or do not believe that Christ's death in and of itself saved those He died for, that it put them into a Right and Justified standing before God, into His Favour, for that is what Reconciliation means. Lets look at the word here in our passage. Its used Twice in Vs 18

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Here the word reconciled is katallassó [same word used in Rom 5:10] and it means:

I change, exchange, reconcile. to receive one into his favor (A. V. reconcile one to himself), 2 Corinthians 5:18f

The second word 'reconciliation" is a different word katallagé and means:

reconciliation, restoration to favor.

In Vs 19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

The same Two words are again used, the first being katallassó [reconciling] and the second reconciliation katallagé:

reconciliation, restoration to favor.

And folks, that is Salvation, to be in God's Favour Ps 89:14-17

14 Justice and judgment are the habitation of thy throne: mercy and truth shall go before thy face.

15 Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O Lord, in the light of thy countenance.

16 In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness [Imputed Righteousness of Christ Vs 21] shall they be exalted.

17 For thou art the glory of their strength: and in thy favour our horn shall be exalted.

Reconciliation does that, and it is accomplished for all whom Christ died Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Thats needs to be emphasized, those Christ died for, by His Death alone have been received into the Favour of God, and so their Horn shall be exalted !

And the Gospel, is the Word of Reconciliation Preached to them, it informs or reveals to them the Righteousness of God:

Ps 89:16

16 In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted.

2 Cor 5:20

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

And the Gospel reveals or makes known this to them Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The Gospel is that Joyful sound they hear as stated in Ps 89:15

15 Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O Lord, in the light of thy countenance.

They shall walk by Faith in the Light of the Gospel, in the Word of Reconciliation.

The Word of Reconciliation when delivered to them, it tells them what God has done for them through Christ, which one of the things done is non imputation of sin, which is Justification from the penalty of their sins. 2 Cor 5:19

Reconciliation and non Imputation of sin [ Justification ] cannot be separated, they are one and the same blessing.

Now understand , this Reconciliation, Justification, Non Imputation of sin, is a True Fact for them[whom Christ died] , even while they are themselves enemies and unbelievers ! Proof of that is here Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

So, as Unbelievers, Ungodly, and Enemies, they were Reconciled, Justified, forgiven of all sins, and received into God's Favour all solely based upon Christ's Death ! This cannot be denied !

Last edited:

ttruscott

Col 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

The gospel WAS preached, not will be...

To everyone under heaven - means to all the spirits created in HIS image.

This cannot have happened on earth. It must have happened somewhere else. I contend it was in sheol, pre-earth.

Peace, Ted
(provided for anyone who still reads beloved57's rants...)

beloved57

The Word of Reconciliation is about Salvation !2

The Word of Reconciliation is about Salvation !2

So, as Unbelievers, Ungodly, and Enemies, they were Reconciled, Justified, forgiven of all sins, and received into God's Favour all solely based upon Christ's Death ! This cannot be denied !

And it is this Word of Reconciliation, The Gospel of our Salvation that is embraced by Faith, because Faith cometh by Hearing, and Hearing by the Word of God Rom 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Now the Word of God makes manifest that Ones Position before God is that they are already or have been Justified or Reconciled to God by the Death of Christ, hence by Faith they receive the Atonement or Reconciliation Rom 5:11

1 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

However, the Atonement or Reconciliation was already a done fact before they received it, it was a done fact even while they were enemies Rom 5:10

Now by receiving it, they come to believe it. Thats why it is the Good News of their Salvation or of their Reconciliation Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

It could even be said Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your Reconciliation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Again, they possessed the Reconciliation before they believed it, they had it while they were enemies !

Remember, that Reconciliation means a restoring to favor with God, and Salvation means basically the same.

Salvation is being described here by the word Restore Isa 49:6

and he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

And this word restore is the hebrew word shuwb:

to return, turn back,to bring back
to restore, refresh, repair (fig)

to cause to return, bring back

to be returned, be restored, be brought back

And the meaning is being brought back to God, which is Reconciliation and accomplished by the Death of Christ 1 Pet 2:25

For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned/reconciled unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

This was accomplished solely by His Stripes 1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And this word healed is the word iaomai

to cure, heal
to make whole
to free from errors and sins, to bring about (one's) salvation

Understand something, when something is cured or healed that means the restoration or the cure was applied.

Which denotes that the Effects of the Stripes brings its own application to bring about the cure !

Thats why the word also means :

to free from errors and sins, to bring about (one's) salvation or reconciliation

Status
Not open for further replies.