Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWingsOfWisdom

BANNED
Banned
(D) - none of the above.

1 John, Chapter 3
8:He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9:Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10:In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

True or False?

Epoisses

1 John, Chapter 3
8:He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9:Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10:In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

True or False?

Any Tard can quote scripture but only a real Christian believes what they say.

Are you sinless?

beloved57

Cannot Receive the things of God !

Cannot Receive the things of God !

Now all who shall believe the Gospel in a way of conversion, must by New Birth first have the Principle of Faith implanted, for by this we are given spiritual sense or perception by which Spiritual Truths [such as the Gospel are] and objects can be mentally embraced or apprehended, for without it, we are not able to embrace spiritual facts 1 Cor 2:14-15

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

That phrase "the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God" means the natural man, not yet born again, CANNOT receive the Gospel, not in a Spiritual fruitful, understanding way.

Matt 13:23

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

That brineth forth fruit is conversion, Faith and Repentance !

Repentance here is that of acknowledging the Truth of the Gospel 2 Tim 2:25

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

By Nature all men are enemies in their minds to the things of God, and God Himself Col 1:21

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

The word mind dianoia :

the mind as a faculty of understanding, feeling, desiring

2) understanding

3) mind, i.e. spirit, way of thinking and feeling

4) thoughts, either good or bad

All those components of the mind, our way of thinking, understanding, thoughts are by nature enemies to God.

Remember Gen 6:5

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Thats the very same indictment against the natural man as Col 1:21, and that mind CANNOT Receive the Things of God !

New Life must First be communicated before we have an mind or heart to be in friendship with the things of God, which the Gospel is Rom 1:1

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

That word Gospel euaggelizō:

1) to bring good news, to announce glad tidings

a) used in the OT of any kind of good news

1) of the joyful tidings of God's kindness, in particular, of the Messianic blessings

b) in the NT used especially of the glad tidings of the coming kingdom of God, and of the salvation to be obtained in it through Christ, and of what relates to this salvation

c) glad tidings are brought to one, one has glad tidings proclaimed to him

d) to proclaim glad tidings

1) instruct (men) concerning the things that pertain to Christian salvation

TheWingsOfWisdom

BANNED
Banned
Now all who shall believe the Gospel in a way of conversion, must by New Birth first have the Principle of Faith implanted, for by this we are given spiritual sense or perception by which Spiritual Truths [such as the Gospel are] and objects can be mentally embraced or apprehended, for without it, we are not able to embrace spiritual facts 1 Cor 2:14-15

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

That phrase "the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God" means the natural man, not yet born again, CANNOT receive the Gospel, not in a Spiritual fruitful, understanding way.

Matt 13:23

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

That brineth forth fruit is conversion, Faith and Repentance !

Repentance here is that of acknowledging the Truth of the Gospel 2 Tim 2:25

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

By Nature all men are enemies in their minds to the things of God, and God Himself Col 1:21

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

The word mind dianoia :

the mind as a faculty of understanding, feeling, desiring

2) understanding

3) mind, i.e. spirit, way of thinking and feeling

4) thoughts, either good or bad

All those components of the mind, our way of thinking, understanding, thoughts are by nature enemies to God.

Remember Gen 6:5

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Thats the very same indictment against the natural man as Col 1:21, and that mind CANNOT Receive the Things of God !

New Life must First be communicated before we have an mind or heart to be in friendship with the things of God, which the Gospel is Rom 1:1

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

That word Gospel euaggelizō:

1) to bring good news, to announce glad tidings

a) used in the OT of any kind of good news

1) of the joyful tidings of God's kindness, in particular, of the Messianic blessings

b) in the NT used especially of the glad tidings of the coming kingdom of God, and of the salvation to be obtained in it through Christ, and of what relates to this salvation

c) glad tidings are brought to one, one has glad tidings proclaimed to him

d) to proclaim glad tidings

1) instruct (men) concerning the things that pertain to Christian salvation
Is Jesus your redeemer?

Yes or No?

beloved57

Cannot Receive the things of God !2

Cannot Receive the things of God !2

In order to believe the Gospel one must be spiritual simply because the Gospel Message must be Spiritually discerned 1 Cor 2:14

The word discerned is the greek word anakrinō:

examine or judge

a) to investigate, examine, enquire into, scrutinise, sift, question

1) specifically in a forensic sense of a judge to hold an investigation

2) to interrogate, examine the accused or witnesses

b) to judge of, estimate, determine (the excellence or defects of any person or thing

It could read:

because they are spiritually judged

because it is spiritually examined.

When Paul Preached the Gospel To Lydia it is written:

Acts 16:14

14 And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul. And later Baptized Vs 15

But the word attended here means to:

give attention to, take heed

to devote thought and effort to

In other words She Spiritually discerned those things because she was Spiritual.

If one is not Spiritual [Born of the Spirit] the Gospel Message is not spiritually comprehended.

Many in todays religious world are deceived into thinking that one must first believe the Spiritual Message in order to become spiritual. However thats backwards thinking and not consistent with the Truth. Scripture teaches that one must first be made Spiritual to receive Spiritual Truth with understanding, that is Paul's Teaching here in this Passage
1 Cor 2:11-15

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Its only by being made Spiritual [being born of the Spirit] that we are enabled to apprehend spiritual facts; In order for the Gospel Preached to bear fruit, it must be sowed upon good ground [good heart] and be understood spiritually, Jesus made that clear here Matt 13:23

Now the same word for understand used here is also used here in Romans for the natural man without New Birth Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

This verse does not deny that natural men will seek after a god, but they do not by nature seek after the True God Jn 17:3, neither understand.

TheWingsOfWisdom

BANNED
Banned
You quoted post 444 but evaded the points. Please rehearse each point i made to see if you understood them even though you may disagree !
Matthew, Chapter 10, 33: But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Is Jesus your redeemer?

Yes or No?

beloved57

Matthew, Chapter 10, 33: But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Is Jesus your redeemer?

Yes or No?

You quoted post 444 but evaded the points. Please rehearse each point i made to see if you understood them even though you may disagree !

TheWingsOfWisdom

BANNED
Banned

Is Jesus your redeemer?

Yes or No?

beloved57

Is Jesus your redeemer?

Yes or No?

TheWingsOfWisdom

BANNED
Banned

Is Jesus your redeemer?

Yes or No?

beloved57

Is Jesus your redeemer?

Yes or No?

TheWingsOfWisdom

BANNED
Banned

Is Jesus your redeemer?

Yes or No?

beloved57

Is Jesus your redeemer?

Yes or No?

beloved57

Gospel Truth is to the Praise of the Glory of His Grace.

Gospel Truth is to the Praise of the Glory of His Grace.

To Preach the Gospel of God's Grace, is to Preach what Paul preached about God's Grace in Salvation Eph 1:3-7

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Thats to make known that God saves them in time whom He has chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4; Then those same ones were predestinated unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, and that these things are not according to their will, but according to the Good Pleasure of God's Will Eph 1:5

To the end that it may be to the praise of the Glory of His Grace Vs 6 ! Now how could such Glorious Truth be Neglected in the Preaching of the Gospel of the Grace of God Acts 20:24

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

What truths are more conducive unto the Praise of the Glory of His Grace, and defining of the Glorious Gospel 1 Tim 1:11. The conclusion of this Gospel of God's Grace, is that God has in His Election and Predestination, has made us accepted in the Beloved, for the Praise of His Grace Eph 1:6

Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

beloved57

The Gospel brings Life [Spiritual] to Light !

The Gospel brings Life [Spiritual] to Light !

2 Tim 1:8-10

8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

That Spiritual life is brought to light by the Gospel, it is proof that Spiritual Life must first exist or be possessed already in order for the Gospel to bring it to light. Ones Faith and acknowledging of the Truth is the evidence of Life possessed, for Jesus says Jn 6:47

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

The Believing on Him is Proof of having everlasting life ! This Spiritual Life is the result of the New Birth.

When the Gospel is sent to those who have New Life through the Resurrection of Christ 1 Pet 1:3, it brings forth the success and accomplishment of Christ's Death for that one, in that He abolished death for them ! Notice 2 Tim 1:10

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

No one Jesus Christ died for shall abide in death permanently, its impossible. Jn 3:4

We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

If one whom Christ died abides permanently in death, then something went wrong with the Fact that Christ abolished death. That word abolished means:

to render idle, unemployed, inactivate, inoperative

a) to cause a person or thing to have no further efficiency

b) to deprive of force, influence, power

2) to cause to cease, put an end to, do away with, annul, abolish

a) to cease, to pass away, be done away

b) to be severed from, separated from, discharged from, loosed from any one

c) to terminate all intercourse with one

Death has no power over the New Creation born of God.The Gospel brings to Light that New Creation !

beloved57

Slain from the foundation of the world !

Slain from the foundation of the world !

Rev 13:8

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

In Preaching the whole counsel of God in regards to to Christ and Him Crucified, we must not shun the revealed fact that Christ is "the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world". Peter made point of this in the very fist sermon of the New Covenant age Acts 2:23

23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

The Holy Spirit here reveals the redemption of God's Elect 1 Pet 1:2,18-20 was [in the Divine Purpose] already an accomplished fact. For in the Mind and Purpose of God, They [Gods Elect] were already Saved by Grace 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Saved by His Purpose and Grace bore The world began ! For in the Everlasting Covenant of the Triune God, Christ was both set up and slain as their Surety Heb 7:22.

Just as Abraham had purposed in his heart to slay his Son Isaac, it is said that he actually done so Heb 11:17-19

17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:

19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

And so in like manner was t Son slain from the foundation of the World by The Father's Purpose, slain for the Elect 1 Pet 1:20, So to preach Christ and him slain or crucified, but neglect the Divine Purpose wherein He was slain from the foundation for those slain for, the elect. In fact, that's why the Elect are known as the foreknown of God, because Christ was foreknown to die for them. The word foreordained in 1 Pet 1:20 proginōskō is also translated foreknow Rom 8:29; 11:2 and they are all foreknown together in God's Redemptive Purpose.

To neglect this Truth of the crucifying of Jesus Christ, is t to Preach the Gospel of Christ at all in the whole counsel of it !

beloved57

Brings Life to Light !

Brings Life to Light !

2 Tim 1:8-10

8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

One of the Great designs of the Gospel in the economy of Salvation, its to bring that Spiritual Life to Light that Christ communicates to all whom He died and saved.

He does this by the Preaching of the Gospel, the Word of Truth Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Its the Word of Truth to spiritually alive souls James 1:18

18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Its similar to a child being brought forth into the world, but first the child had been conceived and given life, but its not until it is brought forth out of the womb that this life is now made manifest or brought to public light.

The word begat in James 1:18 means = to bring forth

The word light in 2 Tim 1:10 means = to bring to light, render evident

So James 1:18 and 2 Tim 1:10 are speaking of the same thing. the Gospel bringing spiritual life and immortality to light.

Status
Not open for further replies.