pre existence

ttruscott

Let me tell you something else I know more about the first test in Heaven too. Do you?
I believe so... The choice for or against YHWH resulting in the elect and the damned, why some elect chose to rebel and the consequences etc.

Additionally I also believe that the rest of the humans stayed in Heaven and were born into the World one at a time as Adam and Eve's descendants. As each person came to the end of there life on Earth they were sent to Hell because the only way to Heaven is through faith in Jesus because we are all sinful and could not enter Heaven with sin.
How do you reconcile this with Ps 9:17 which says that the wicked at least return to Sheol / Hades? By hell do you refer to the in the old term as the place of the waiting dead or as referring to the lake of fire of eternal suffering?

I consider that when the Satanic rebellion was thrown to the earth they were sent to Sheol and to Tartarus, the depths of Sheol. I think it is likely that the 1/3 of the stars that the dragon swept were the sinful elect as useless to his war. That is, he would never throw away anyone who could help him against Michael, right, and the verb flung has connotations of 'throwing down' which could denote animosity.

This would imply that Sheol / Hades are not just the place of the dead waiting for the judgement day but also the place of those waiting to be born, to be sown into the world Matt 13:36-39. Thus the arrival of sinners in Sheol, their being allowed to be born as human and their return to Sheol are all mentioned although the return of the sinful elect at death is a return to GOD, Job 1:21, Ecclesiastes 12:7 and to paradise which is no longer part of Sheol, Luke 23:43.

(Hell is made up of three separate area/parts, we can talk about Hell too if you wish). Eventually Heaven was emptied and Jesus was sent last of all as this verse states: ...
None of the commentaries talk about this as you do, not unexpectedly, but I can't follow your reasoning yet, probably because I am stalled by the claim heaven was emptied... I think heaven is full of those created in HIS image who never sinned but who chose to accept HIM as their GOD by their free will and their faith in HIM never wavered so they are the holy elect who now serve as angels in heaven.

WatchmanOnTheWall

I believe so... The choice for or against YHWH resulting in the elect and the damned, why some elect chose to rebel and the consequences etc.

How do you reconcile this with Ps 9:17 which says that the wicked at least return to Sheol / Hades? By hell do you refer to the in the old term as the place of the waiting dead or as referring to the lake of fire of eternal suffering?

I consider that when the Satanic rebellion was thrown to the earth they were sent to Sheol and to Tartarus, the depths of Sheol. I think it is likely that the 1/3 of the stars that the dragon swept were the sinful elect as useless to his war. That is, he would never throw away anyone who could help him against Michael, right, and the verb flung has connotations of 'throwing down' which could denote animosity.

This would imply that Sheol / Hades are not just the place of the dead waiting for the judgement day but also the place of those waiting to be born, to be sown into the world Matt 13:36-39. Thus the arrival of sinners in Sheol, their being allowed to be born as human and their return to Sheol are all mentioned although the return of the sinful elect at death is a return to GOD, Job 1:21, Ecclesiastes 12:7 and to paradise which is no longer part of Sheol, Luke 23:43.

None of the commentaries talk about this as you do, not unexpectedly, but I can't follow your reasoning yet, probably because I am stalled by the claim heaven was emptied... I think heaven is full of those created in HIS image who never sinned but who chose to accept HIM as their GOD by their free will and their faith in HIM never wavered so they are the holy elect who now serve as angels in heaven.

I'm not sure what you mean about Ps9:17; The wicked shall be turned into hell,And all the nations that forget God. I simply take it as the wicked will go to Hell.

So my understanding about Hell is as follows:

After Jesus’ death His Spirit actually descended into Hell:

1 Peter 3:18-20
18 Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners to bring you safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but he was raised to life in the Spirit. 19 So he went and preached to the spirits in prison 20 those who disobeyed God long ago when God waited patiently while Noah was building his boat.

And . . .

1 Peter 4:6
For this is the reason the Gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to human standards in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.

Jesus Himself alluded to the fact that he was going to descend to Hell after his death:

John 10:16
“I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock, and one shepherd.”

And . . .

Luke 23:43
Jesus answered [to the criminal on the cross next to] him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Paradise is the name of three different places in the Bible: Eden, a garden in Heaven, and a place where the righteous went after death:

Luke 16:22-26
22 “But that poor man died and Angels brought him to The Bosom of Abraham. And the rich man also died and he was buried.” 23 “And suffering in Sheol, he lifted up his eyes from afar off, and he saw Abraham, and Lazarus in his bosom.” 24 “And he called in a loud voice and he said, ‘My father, Abraham, have pity on me, and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water, and moisten my tongue for me; behold, I am suffering in this flame.” 25 “Abraham said to him, ‘My son, remember that you have received your good things in your life, and Lazarus, his evil things, and now, behold, he is comforted here, and you are suffering.” 26 “And along with all these things, there stands a great abyss between us, and you, so that those who would pass from here to you are not able, neither is whoever is there able to pass over to us.’

Here Jesus describes two different parts of Sheol (Hebrew for Hell), separated by an Abyss that is also mentioned in the book of Revelation:

Revelation 20:3
He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

After He had resurrected He confirmed that He had as yet to ascend to Heaven, as He told Mary:

John 20:17
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father, and your Father, to my God, and your God.”

Because Jesus was ceremonially clean, He could not let anyone touch Him until He had presented Himself before God. After He had done this Jesus was seen again by the women who were hurrying back from the tomb, where He then allowed them to touch Him:

Matthew 28:8-9
8 So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. 9 Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet, and worshipped him.

So on the third day Jesus rose from death and ascended to Heaven on the morning of First Fruits’, day 16. Every year on this day the High Priest waved the first sheaf of the barley harvest before the LORD and burnt the offering of fine barley flour on the altar of incense in the temple. That morning Jesus ascended to Heaven as the first fruits offering to God, thus fulfilling the day of first fruits:

1 Corinthians 15:20
But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep.

The Lake of fire has yet to be used but the Anti-Christ and the false prophet will be thrown in that lake very soon when Jesus returns:

Revelation 19:20
But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshipped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulphur.

At the end of the Millennial reign death, hell, Satan, fallen angels, demons and all the wicked will be thrown into the lake of fire;

Revelation 20
10And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulphur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown.

13The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

The system God has created starts with everyone in Heaven taking a test that selects who trusts God the most. This simple test resulted in who would go first onto Earth (Adam and Eve). It may have also done what you suggest too and chose who the saved and unsaved would be but even if it didn't God knows all our destiny's.

One by one Heaven was emptied but because everyone sinned on Earth they all went to hell, although here God judged who the righteous where and sent them to the Paradise part of Hell, while He sent the unrighteous/wicked to the fiery part of Hell on the other side of the Abyss. However, everyone was given another life and were born again into the world, and this reincarnation process continued till Jesus came. On the 4000th year of history Jesus conquered death and at this point people began to have the opportunity to be saved and go to Heaven.

Over the last 1988 years people from Hell and Heaven have been reborn back into the world, giving them more chances to be saved and to save others.

When Jesus returns for His 1000 year reign (on the 6000th year from creation), He will rule Earth with His government who will be the 144,000, each of whom will be in the first resurrection and will therefore have their resurrected bodies just like Jesus has (I can tell you more about this government).

People form Hell and Heaven will continue to be reborn into the World during the 1000 year reign but this time they will be able to see Jesus every year at tabernacles when they go up to make their offering:

Zechariah 14:16
Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.

This will mean that just about everyone born into this era will be able to believe in Jesus as there Lord because they will be able to see Him, and this will result in 'The Great Multitude' being resurrected at the end of the 1000 years, but as it says:

John 20:29
Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Because they will already be saved and will have gained more eternal rewards by this time and some (the 144,000) will have ready have received their resurrected bodies.

P.S. If you believe me; I have memories of being Heaven and from that test before Adam went to Earth.

ttruscott

I'm not sure what you mean about Ps9:17; The wicked shall be turned into hell,And all the nations that forget God. I simply take it as the wicked will go to Hell.
But the verse says the wicked RETURN to Sheol which is a better translation by far than the misdirection of the kjv shall be turned into hell, no matter which hell is referred to.

If one is not talking about the place of final retribution in the outer darkness, then it removes all confusion to use the name Sheol or Hades, not hell, for the place of the waiting dead. Hell is confusing when used willy nilly in two ways without explanation.

Luke 16:22-26
22 “But that poor man died and Angels brought him to The Bosom of Abraham. And the rich man also died and he was buried.” 23 “And suffering in Sheol, he lifted up his eyes from afar off, and he saw Abraham, and Lazarus in his bosom.” 24 “And he called in a loud voice and he said, ‘My father, Abraham, have pity on me, and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water, and moisten my tongue for me; behold, I am suffering in this flame.” 25 “Abraham said to him, ‘My son, remember that you have received your good things in your life, and Lazarus, his evil things, and now, behold, he is comforted here, and you are suffering.” 26 “And along with all these things, there stands a great abyss between us, and you, so that those who would pass from here to you are not able, neither is whoever is there able to pass over to us.’

Here Jesus describes two different parts of Sheol (Hebrew for Hell), separated by an Abyss that is also mentioned in the book of Revelation:
I agree, though using hell instead of sheol confuses things about which hell is meant, the original version referring to Sheol / Hades or the modern version referring to the final place of torment, the lake of fire.

At the end of the Millennial reign death, hell, Satan, fallen angels, demons and all the wicked will be thrown into the lake of fire;
Yes... with the goats, the people on HIS left hand aka Satan's angels for which the fire was prepared, Matt 25:41.

The system God has created starts with everyone in Heaven taking a test that selects who trusts God the most. This simple test resulted in who would go first onto Earth (Adam and Eve). It may have also done what you suggest too and chose who the saved and unsaved would be but even if it didn't God knows all our destiny's.
I find the reference to choose (in bold) to be vague. I contend that every person created in HIS image chose by their free will to accept HIS deity or to reject it thus creating their own fate. If that is what you meant, excellent. I also need commas as I get confused with dangling thoughts, knowing whether they go forward or back, sigh.

One by one Heaven was emptied
...all the elect and holy angels were sent to earth also? I have only the sinful being born as sinners on earth... Perhaps you still accept the orthodox definition of angel as something else from other spirits created in HIS image and thinking angel means race or some such rather that it being a job description?

...but because everyone sinned on Earth they all went to hell, although here God judged who the righteous where and sent them to the Paradise part of Hell, while He sent the unrighteous/wicked to the fiery part of Hell on the other side of the Abyss. However, everyone was given another life and were born again into the world, and this reincarnation process continued till Jesus came. On the 4000th year of history Jesus conquered death and at this point people began to have the opportunity to be saved and go to Heaven.
The closest I can get to reincarnation is that the eternally evil people of the evil one, those condemned already, are reincarnated as they claim, to keep the earth full of tares to live with the sinful good seed. I do not think that GOD needs more than one life for each of HIS sinful elect, the sinful people of the kingdom, to bring them to repentance and suggest that to think HE can't do it in one lifetime is demeaning to HIM.

P.S. If you believe me; I have memories of being Heaven and from that test before Adam went to Earth.
Interesting...I do not.

WatchmanOnTheWall

But the verse says the wicked RETURN to Sheol which is a better translation by far than the misdirection of the kjv shall be turned into hell, no matter which hell is referred to.

If one is not talking about the place of final retribution in the outer darkness, then it removes all confusion to use the name Sheol or Hades, not hell, for the place of the waiting dead. Hell is confusing when used willy nilly in two ways without explanation.

Brilliant I've never noticed that, it does say return indeed. Many thanks I'll add that to my list: http://biblehub.com/hebrew/yashuvu_7725.htm

I agree, though using hell instead of sheol confuses things about which hell is meant, the original version referring to Sheol / Hades or the modern version referring to the final place of torment, the lake of fire.

I thought Hell was the English for Hades which is Greek and is the translation of Sheol which is Hebrew.

I find the reference to choose (in bold) to be vague. I contend that every person created in HIS image chose by their free will to accept HIS deity or to reject it thus creating their own fate. If that is what you meant, excellent. I also need commas as I get confused with dangling thoughts, knowing whether they go forward or back, sigh.

Yes I would agree but of course then we get into a free will/destiny (chicken/egg) debate. I think the truth lays in the Paradox that is God, i.e. He can do the impossible and create a Paradox where both co-exist together.

...all the elect and holy angels were sent to earth also? I have only the sinful being born as sinners on earth... Perhaps you still accept the orthodox definition of angel as something else from other spirits created in HIS image and thinking angel means race or some such rather that it being a job description?

Good question, I think angels are different from Humans but have not thought of it like you say (job title). Yes they have different rolls but they are clearly something very different from humans.

The closest I can get to reincarnation is that the eternally evil people of the evil one, those condemned already, are reincarnated as they claim, to keep the earth full of tares to live with the sinful good seed. I do not think that GOD needs more than one life for each of HIS sinful elect, the sinful people of the kingdom, to bring them to repentance and suggest that to think HE can't do it in one lifetime is demeaning to HIM.

Okay, I agree God could have done it that way but it would not be a level playing field then, as all humans must be judged by the same measure. It would also mean God would need to judge those who lived before Jesus (and who never heard of Him) with a different method to those who were saved by faith in Christ and that would be demeaning to what His Son did for us as it would mean that many people were able to save themselves by being 'just righteous enough' to get into Heaven.

Interesting...I do not.
Yep.

ttruscott

Good question, I think angels are different from Humans but have not thought of it like you say (job title). Yes they have different rolls but they are clearly something very different from humans.

Consider that angels may always do as directed by a free will choice to do exactly that: how do we tell if they are robots or not? Scripture, right?

Angels have free will:

Angels worship GOD:
Hebrews 1:6 points out that angels worship the Lord. We also see the heavenly host praising God in Luke 2:13–14. Robotic praise and worship is a parody of the real thing and worthless in heaven. When you put on a dvd and listen to a worship song singing praises to GOD, do you think or allude to the dvd as worshipping? Of course you don't.

Some angels are elect:
1 Timothy 5:21 - I charge thee before GOD and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels. implying the fallen angels are the demons and the people of the evil one, the tares, sown into the world by the devil. IF angels can choose to sin and become demons, they can also choose to be holy and work for GOD.

Angels are holy:
Mark 8:38 If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels.
This verse contrasts the of men with the holiness, that is, the righteousness of angels, not just their consecration to GOD. Robotic holiness is a farce...a stone cannot sin but it is not righteous and a robot neither can be holy, that is, in the context of this verse, righteous. As well, Satan's fall is proof of his free will as he is not guilty of anything if he is a robot...

Angels have emotions such as love, joy, desire, sadness, pride, and anger:
Luke 15:10 indicates that angels are joyous when one person repents. The devil has great wrath in Revelation 12:12. The angels and the devil have desires (1 Peter 1:12; John 8:44). Why would anyone create a robotic group with emotions to drive them when HIS will is all that is necessary to drive them? Robotic emotions??? Surely only people have emotions...

Angels are Persons in the image of GOD:
In the resurrection, man will be as the angels of God. Matt 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. In the resurrection, man is restored to the image of God in which he was created. The angels of God must, therefore, bear the image of God.

The image of GOD cannot contain sin therefore for man to be a sinner, the image must be broken. In the resurrection we will be restored to the full image of GOD and like the angels as this verse hints, who therefore must also be in HIS image.

When did they receive the image of God unless it was in creation?

The image of GOD? I think it means things like personhood that is, self awareness, intelligence, emotional ability, curiosity and creativity and the ability to make true free will decisions. Therefore any being that fits this description fits the image of GOD...

Not only does the ability to worship, to praise, to be elect and to be holy imply personhood, they also imply they have free will and if you combine free will with election of some and the fall of others, you get angels going through an Adam like choice with some staying holy and Satan and his crew choosing that which made them evil in HIS sight.

Emotions are further proof of their personhood in the image of GOD.
My concept is that Adam was created in the image of GOD but as a true innocent only had the potential for perfection, ie , we had to choose to accept GOD and HIS life for us in heaven to fulfill our potential to be perfectly realized. Our fall into sin delayed the fulfillment of that potential by making it impossible to fulfill without grace. Our redemption is a restoration to the potential and the new creation is the fully realized fulfillment of HIS purpose for our creation in us.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Consider that angels may always do as directed by a free will choice to do exactly that: how do we tell if they are robots or not? Scripture, right?

Angels have free will:

Angels worship GOD:
Hebrews 1:6 points out that angels worship the Lord. We also see the heavenly host praising God in Luke 2:13–14. Robotic praise and worship is a parody of the real thing and worthless in heaven. When you put on a dvd and listen to a worship song singing praises to GOD, do you think or allude to the dvd as worshipping? Of course you don't.

Some angels are elect:
1 Timothy 5:21 - I charge thee before GOD and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels. implying the fallen angels are the demons and the people of the evil one, the tares, sown into the world by the devil. IF angels can choose to sin and become demons, they can also choose to be holy and work for GOD.

Angels are holy:
Mark 8:38 If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels.
This verse contrasts the of men with the holiness, that is, the righteousness of angels, not just their consecration to GOD. Robotic holiness is a farce...a stone cannot sin but it is not righteous and a robot neither can be holy, that is, in the context of this verse, righteous. As well, Satan's fall is proof of his free will as he is not guilty of anything if he is a robot...

Angels have emotions such as love, joy, desire, sadness, pride, and anger:
Luke 15:10 indicates that angels are joyous when one person repents. The devil has great wrath in Revelation 12:12. The angels and the devil have desires (1 Peter 1:12; John 8:44). Why would anyone create a robotic group with emotions to drive them when HIS will is all that is necessary to drive them? Robotic emotions??? Surely only people have emotions...

Angels are Persons in the image of GOD:
In the resurrection, man will be as the angels of God. Matt 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. In the resurrection, man is restored to the image of God in which he was created. The angels of God must, therefore, bear the image of God.

The image of GOD cannot contain sin therefore for man to be a sinner, the image must be broken. In the resurrection we will be restored to the full image of GOD and like the angels as this verse hints, who therefore must also be in HIS image.

When did they receive the image of God unless it was in creation?

The image of GOD? I think it means things like personhood that is, self awareness, intelligence, emotional ability, curiosity and creativity and the ability to make true free will decisions. Therefore any being that fits this description fits the image of GOD...

Not only does the ability to worship, to praise, to be elect and to be holy imply personhood, they also imply they have free will and if you combine free will with election of some and the fall of others, you get angels going through an Adam like choice with some staying holy and Satan and his crew choosing that which made them evil in HIS sight.

Emotions are further proof of their personhood in the image of GOD.
My concept is that Adam was created in the image of GOD but as a true innocent only had the potential for perfection, ie , we had to choose to accept GOD and HIS life for us in heaven to fulfill our potential to be perfectly realized. Our fall into sin delayed the fulfillment of that potential by making it impossible to fulfill without grace. Our redemption is a restoration to the potential and the new creation is the fully realized fulfillment of HIS purpose for our creation in us.

I agree with all that but would point out that it does say that we will be LIKE the angels: http://biblehub.com/interlinear/matthew/22-30.htm

However, I still think there are some distinct differences such as they can be very large, they can fly, withstand fire, perform various miracles etc etc. Perhaps this was because they chose not to be human? or perhaps they are human but chose not to come to Earth and loose their supernatural 'resurrected' bodies?

If so that choice therefore would have had to of been made on day 1 when God created the Heavens.

ttruscott

I agree with all that but would point out that it does say that we will be LIKE the angels: http://biblehub.com/interlinear/matthew/22-30.htm

However, I still think there are some distinct differences such as they can be very large, they can fly, withstand fire, perform various miracles etc etc. Perhaps this was because they chose not to be human? or perhaps they are human but chose not to come to Earth and loose their supernatural 'resurrected' bodies?

If so that choice therefore would have had to of been made on day 1 when God created the Heavens.

All differences between the holy angels and humans I suppose must relate to our sinfulness having degraded ourselves beyond recognition. They did not choose to not to be human but not to sin and only sinners are born as human to live and suffer under judgement or correction, Heb 12:5-11. This is based upon my contention that everyone created in HIS image was created at the same time with the same possible options, abilities and opportunities to choose to be holy or evil and all differences between people are due to the choices they made.

WatchmanOnTheWall

All differences between the holy angels and humans I suppose must relate to our sinfulness having degraded ourselves beyond recognition. They did not choose to not to be human but not to sin and only sinners are born as human to live and suffer under judgement or correction, Heb 12:5-11. This is based upon my contention that everyone created in HIS image was created at the same time with the same possible options, abilities and opportunities to choose to be holy or evil and all differences between people are due to the choices they made.

But what about fallen angels, they sinned too but did not become human. So I can't see how your logic works. Please explain.

ttruscott

But what about fallen angels, they sinned too but did not become human. So I can't see how your logic works. Please explain.

Are you sure they did not become human? With this question in (an open) mind, consider this explanation to His parable which implies no metaphor, no hyperbole and no analogy: Matt 13:36 Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field.” 37 He answered, “The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the PEOPLE of the kingdom. The weeds are the PEOPLE of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels. Then we must consider the implication of Ps 9:17 The wicked shall return to Sheol, all the nations that forget God. which we have considered before but now reconsider in light of their being the people of the evil one sown into the world by the devil... Accepting the hypotheses of our existence pre-earth, this is not a great leap of faith at all and suggests a meaning of Matt 13:38 that needs no cognitive dissonance to accept.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Are you sure they did not become human? With this question in (an open) mind, consider this explanation to His parable which implies no metaphor, no hyperbole and no analogy: Matt 13:36 Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field.” 37 He answered, “The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the PEOPLE of the kingdom. The weeds are the PEOPLE of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels. Then we must consider the implication of Ps 9:17 The wicked shall return to Sheol, all the nations that forget God. which we have considered before but now reconsider in light of their being the people of the evil one sown into the world by the devil... Accepting the hypotheses of our existence pre-earth, this is not a great leap of faith at all and suggests a meaning of Matt 13:38 that needs no cognitive dissonance to accept.

(Are you sure they did become human?)

I see verses that describe the characteristics of humans and angels as being different in various ways and then this verse comes to mind:

Matthew 22:30
At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

It says those who will resurrect will be LIKE the angels, not 'AS' or 'THE SAME AS' the angels. So if we aren't angels now, or will ever be, then it's unlikely (but not impossible) that we were ever angels, but I don't believe we were.

As for the tares sown by the devil I believe they are the souls of humans who are waiting in hell to be 'sown' by the devil into this Earthy life. i.e. reincarnated. It can also mean the souls of the Nephilim that become demons who can then posses humans on Earth.

ttruscott

(Are you sure they did become human?)

I see verses that describe the characteristics of humans and angels as being different in various ways and then this verse comes to mind:

Matthew 22:30
At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

It says those who will resurrect will be LIKE the angels, not 'AS' or 'THE SAME AS' the angels. So if we aren't angels now, or will ever be, then it's unlikely (but not impossible) that we were ever angels, but I don't believe we were.

Strong's Concordance: like, Matthew 22:30
hós: as, like as, even as, when, since, as long as
Original Word: ὡς
c. ὡς makes reference to similarity or equality, in such expressions as εἶναι ὡς τινα, i. e. 'to be like' or 'equal to' one, Matthew 22:30... A 'proof' verse is a verse that denies all argument as it is so clear that it just is not open to dispute. As you know, there is no such thing as a proof verse and that we are to live by faith, not sight / proof. This implies that any truth found in the scripture is open to any amount of discrepancy and disingenuous dispute.

As for the tares sown by the devil I believe they are the souls of humans who are waiting in hell to be 'sown' by the devil into this Earthy life. i.e. reincarnated. It can also mean the souls of the Nephilim that become demons who can then posses humans on Earth.
Yes, it could be used for reincarnation but whether it refers to a one time sowing or a sowing of many times is moot - it does not matter if these are unembodied spirits who are brought to a body by the devil. How did the devil get this power over them? How is a human(?) spirit in Sheol any different from the demon in Sheol since our existence was pre-human and therefore not defined by human qualities, eh?

WatchmanOnTheWall

Strong's Concordance: like, Matthew 22:30
hós: as, like as, even as, when, since, as long as
Original Word: ὡς
c. ὡς makes reference to similarity or equality, in such expressions as εἶναι ὡς τινα, i. e. 'to be like' or 'equal to' one, Matthew 22:30... A 'proof' verse is a verse that denies all argument as it is so clear that it just is not open to dispute. As you know, there is no such thing as a proof verse and that we are to live by faith, not sight / proof. This implies that any truth found in the scripture is open to any amount of discrepancy and disingenuous dispute.

I disagree, there are some scriptures that can not be disputed, in particular the tenets of Christianity such as those shown in the Nicene Creed.

Yes, it could be used for reincarnation but whether it refers to a one time sowing or a sowing of many times is moot - it does not matter if these are unembodied spirits who are brought to a body by the devil. How did the devil get this power over them? How is a human(?) spirit in Sheol any different from the demon in Sheol since our existence was pre-human and therefore not defined by human qualities, eh?

It could be possible that before day 6, and Adam, that 'humans' and angels could have been the same entity at the point of creation and by freewill some of these entities decided to become human, which must have been the harder choice given the potential reward would mean that they could become greater than the angels?

I don't think we have enough information at the moment to know for sure but it seems to me that demons didn't come on the scene till the New Testament, although there were evil spirits in the Old Testament that could have become these demons? It is most likely these evil spirits were fallen angels. Satan is in control in Hell which is his realm and in fact so is the Earth at the moment. Satan gained control of these at the fall. He usurped Adam's authority over the Earth and Hell is beneath or within the Earth.

Once an entity chose to be human (if this was the case) from then on they would always be human no matter how many lives they live. If fallen angels became evil spirits and eventually demons too, this would show a clear physical descent from their original angelic state, just as we would expect with death and sin. Both humans and fallen angels/demons can reincarnate from Hell to Earth and return to Hell. The only hope is for the fallen humans if they become Christians. Hope I'm answering your questions?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
where is jaybird, starter of this thread?

He seems abandoned this thread.

Last edited:

ttruscott

I disagree, there are some scriptures that can not be disputed, in particular the tenets of Christianity such as those shown in the Nicene Creed.
Well, every tenet of the Creed is based upon a verse or two and yet there are those who reject the Creed and the supposition of the verses outright. That is what I meant...

It could be possible that before day 6, and Adam, that 'humans' and angels could have been the same entity at the point of creation and by freewill some of these entities decided to become human, which must have been the harder choice given the potential reward would mean that they could become greater than the angels?
This is indeed very similar to what I have concluded myself except that rather than choosing to be human, I consider they chose to be sinful and GOD then sent all sinners to Earth (Rev 14:9 with Matt 13:38), to be born as human, that is, the sinful elect must be born as human but I'm not sure every demon must be. The wicked dead return to Sheol - maybe to be recycled - to wait for the judgement and the dead in Christ go to Abraham's bosom, a place in heaven, to await the resurrection.

A demon (tare, goat, person of the evil one) is any person who, by their free will, rejected YHWH as their GOD and HIS offer of election by salvation from any and all sin as found in HIS Son as the lies of a false god, making themselves eternal evil in HIS sight. A sinful good seed (a lost, ie, sinful sheep, a sinful person of the kingdom) is a sinner who came under the promise of GOD to save them from any and all sin by their free will faith in HIM as their GOD and in Christ as their saviour before they ever chose to rebel against HIM.

I don't think we have enough information at the moment to know for sure but it seems to me that demons didn't come on the scene till the New Testament, although there were evil spirits in the Old Testament that could have become these demons?
My supposition is that all evil spirits, whether born yet as humans or not, are demons, impossible to be brought to repentance. The tares and goats are demons who are living as humans, the enemies we must treat with love. The evil elect are just evil sinners, not demons.

It is most likely these evil spirits were fallen angels.
YES!
Satan is in control in Hell which is his realm and in fact so is the Earth at the moment. Satan gained control of these at the fall. He usurped Adam's authority over the Earth and Hell is beneath or within the Earth.
Yes, except Adam and Eve (and all sinful elect) also fell pre-earth in the place they were created (and, I believe, is mentioned in Rev 12:4 referring to the 1/3 of the stars being flung to the earth... In verse 9, flung is used of the manner Michael used to send Satan and HIS demons to earth and this same animosity is found in flung of v4 which denotes animosity. Why would Satan fling away in a temper those he needed to help him fight Michael? It seems to me that these are not his people but are his enemies who are under his temporary control.

Once an entity chose to be human (if this was the case) from then on they would always be human no matter how many lives they live.
Interesting though I see no logical necessity for them to be always human since we know that a human is merely a spirit in a meat body with human dna. If the spirit leaves the body which dies is it not considered just a spirit, no more a human spirit even if it can manifest in a human form? I mean, the angels who sang to the shepherds were never human yet they manifest as human to the Shepherds like the spirits of dead humans did to others.
If fallen angels became evil spirits and eventually demons too, this would show a clear physical descent from their original angelic state, just as we would expect with death and sin.
YES!

Both humans and fallen angels/demons can reincarnate from Hell to Earth and return to Hell. The only hope is for the fallen humans if they become Christians. Hope I'm answering your questions?
IF those who are condemned already Jn 3:18 CAN in fact be saved, THEN without a doubt they will be saved. GOD is love, love is patient so GOD's patience is as eternal as HIS love. If HE is waiting for someone to be saved who can be saved, HE will wait for 7 eternities to save them...That is the nature of love.

Therefore the existence of people in hell, banished to the lake of fire in the outer darkness MUST NECESSARILY MEAN that they cannot be saved no matter what HE does. They have rejected HIS grace and mercy which could bring them to redemptive repentance by their free will and if free will means anything it must be sacrosanct and unchangeable by GOD. Since they cannot save themselves from their addiction to sin nor its legal consequences, their sin is eternal, their doom sealed.

This to me implies that reincarnation of a demon cannot affect in the least his fate which he chose by his free will, pre-earth. Nor is reincarnation necessary for a sinful elect to be brought to redemption which is obviously brought in one life as per the parable of the good but sinful seed and Hebrews 9:27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, which I gather refers to the sinful elect for sure but maybe not to the reprobate.

Last edited:

WatchmanOnTheWall

Well, every tenet of the Creed is based upon a verse or two and yet there are those who reject the Creed and the supposition of the verses outright. That is what I meant...

This is indeed very similar to what I have concluded myself except that rather than choosing to be human, I consider they chose to be sinful and GOD then sent all sinners to Earth (Rev 14:9 with Matt 13:38), to be born as human, that is, the sinful elect must be born as human but I'm not sure every demon must be. The wicked dead return to Sheol - maybe to be recycled - to wait for the judgement and the dead in Christ go to Abraham's bosom, a place in heaven, to await the resurrection.

A demon (tare, goat, person of the evil one) is any person who, by their free will, rejected YHWH as their GOD and HIS offer of election by salvation from any and all sin as found in HIS Son as the lies of a false god, making themselves eternal evil in HIS sight. A sinful good seed (a lost, ie, sinful sheep, a sinful person of the kingdom) is a sinner who came under the promise of GOD to save them from any and all sin by their free will faith in HIM as their GOD and in Christ as their saviour before they ever chose to rebel against HIM.

My supposition is that all evil spirits, whether born yet as humans or not, are demons, impossible to be brought to repentance. The tares and goats are demons who are living as humans, the enemies we must treat with love. The evil elect are just evil sinners, not demons.

YES! Yes, except Adam and Eve (and all sinful elect) also fell pre-earth in the place they were created (and, I believe, is mentioned in Rev 12:4 referring to the 1/3 of the stars being flung to the earth... In verse 9, flung is used of the manner Michael used to send Satan and HIS demons to earth and this same animosity is found in flung of v4 which denotes animosity. Why would Satan fling away in a temper those he needed to help him fight Michael? It seems to me that these are not his people but are his enemies who are under his temporary control.

Interesting though I see no logical necessity for them to be always human since we know that a human is merely a spirit in a meat body with human dna. If the spirit leaves the body which dies is it not considered just a spirit, no more a human spirit even if it can manifest in a human form? I mean, the angels who sang to the shepherds were never human yet they manifest as human to the Shepherds like the spirits of dead humans did to others.
YES!

IF those who are condemned already Jn 3:18 CAN in fact be saved, THEN without a doubt they will be saved. GOD is love, love is patient so GOD's patience is as eternal as HIS love. If HE is waiting for someone to be saved who can be saved, HE will wait for 7 eternities to save them...That is the nature of love.

Therefore the existence of people in hell, banished to the lake of fire in the outer darkness MUST NECESSARILY MEAN that they cannot be saved no matter what HE does. They have rejected HIS grace and mercy which could bring them to redemptive repentance by their free will and if free will means anything it must be sacrosanct and unchangeable by GOD. Since they cannot save themselves from their addiction to sin nor its legal consequences, their sin is eternal, their doom sealed.

This to me implies that reincarnation of a demon cannot affect in the least his fate which he chose by his free will, pre-earth. Nor is reincarnation necessary for a sinful elect to be brought to redemption which is obviously brought in one life as per the parable of the good but sinful seed and Hebrews 9:27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, which I gather refers to the sinful elect for sure but maybe not to the reprobate.

I will think on all this, in the meantime please think on my thoughts and reasons why I believe in reincarnation. Apologise if I have posted this to you already in another thread, it's sometimes hard to remember what I have said and to whom.

Most Christian's know that traditionally Christian teaching say's there is no such thing as reincarnation and indeed Christian's often use the only verse in the entire Bible that seems to 'prove' reincarnation is not real, which is Hebrews 9:27. Unfortunately this is because of a general mistranslation and a misunderstood verse and chapter. Here is the direct original Greek translation from the Interlinear Bible (the most accurate word for word translation):

Hebrews 9:27
And down to which, a which it situateth off, unto the ones, unto mankind, to once to have had died off, with moreover to the one, this a separating.

Notice that it say's mankind, most translations however instead say 'man' but the Weymouth New Testament translation, which has the closest match to the original wording, dose correctly translate it as mankind:

And since it is reserved for all mankind once to die, and afterwards to be judged.

It is still not know who wrote Hebrew's and whether it was Paul and or Apollos, Barnabas, or Zeanos, what is clear is that the writer throughout chapter nine uses the word mankind rather than just the word 'man'. Chapter nine is about the broader picture of God's plan for mankind and how Jesus only had to die once for mankind’s redemption, unlike the repeated mosaic sacrificial system. This was an important question at the time for the new Jewish Christian's. The writer then explains similarly that mankind will also die once and then face a final judgement. The writer does not suddenly change from talking about the larger picture of God's plan for mankind, to then just focusing on each individual's person's death. Instead he is actually talking about the final judgement that John writes about in chapter twenty of Revelation:

Revelation 20:11-15
Then I saw a great white throne, and One who was seated on it [God], from whose presence earth, and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing in front of the throne. And books were opened; and so was another book, namely the Book of Life; and the dead were judged by the things recorded in the books in accordance with what their conduct had been. Then the sea yielded up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades yielded up the dead who were in them, and each man was judged in accordance with what his conduct had been. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the Lake of fire; this is the Second Death, the Lake of fire. And if any one's name was not found recorded in the Book of Life he was thrown into the Lake of fire.

It is true of course that each individual is judged at their death as to whether they had faith in Jesus as there saviour, which determines if they go to Heaven or Hell but the judgement for the rewards of conduct are not done till the final judgement after the millennial reign of Christ. There is a partial reward for the 144,000 at the second coming of Christ, when they receive their resurrected bodies a thousand years before the great multitude get their resurrected bodies at the second resurrection:

Revelations 20:4-6
I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge.[The twenty four elders] And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus, and because of the word of God. [The 144,000] They had not worshipped the beast [The Anti-Christ] or its image, and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. [The great multitude]) This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection [The 144,000]. The second death [The lake of fire] has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with him for a thousand years.

Throughout history Christian sects have sprung up with the truth that reincarnation is real, such as the Gnostics, Sethian, Valentinus, and Cather's for example but all were eventually squashed and killed off as heretic’s, mainly by the Catholic church. Such as in 1209 when they in-sighted crusader's to burn hundred's of Cather's alive at Montsegur, near Toulouse, in the south of France. Indeed, reincarnation is taught in the Jewish tradition's and this verse is often sited as alluding to reincarnation:

Job 33:29-30
“Behold, God does all these things, twice, three times, with a man, to bring back his soul from the pit, that he may be lighted with the light of life.

Jesus Himself and His disciples alluded to reincarnation a number of times too. For instance, Jesus stated that Elijah had come back as John the Baptist but he was not recognised and that Elijah would come again to restore all things, which John the Baptist clearly did not fulfil:

Mathew 17:10-13
The disciples asked him, “Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?” Jesus replied, “To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things. But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.” Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.

There are a number of other scriptures too where Jesus suggests or speaks about reincarnation:

Matthew 16:28
Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

Some Christians say this is referring to the Transfiguration but Jesus did not come in His Kingdom at that time. Instead Jesus was stating that some of the disciples with Him would be alive when He returns in the power and majesty of His Kingdom at His second coming. This could only happen if they are reincarnated to be alive at the time of Jesus’ return. Here’s another time that Jesus referred to us having more than one life.

John 21:20-23
Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the disciple John, who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said, “Lord, who is going to betray you?”) When Peter saw him, he asked, “Lord, what about him?” Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” Because of this, the rumour spread among the believers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?”

The only way John could be alive at Jesus' second coming is if he is reincarnated. The disciples also alluded to reincarnation when they suggested the man born blind may have sinned in a previous life:

John 9:2
His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

It’s perhaps also worth pointing out that there are two types of deaths:

Revelation 2:11
Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death.

Revelation 20:14
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

It explains here that death itself and Hades will be thrown into the lake of fire, which is like the Hell of Hell's and permanent death. Death was one of the curses placed on man after the fall and it is this curse of our ‘first’ earthly type of death that we experience at the end of each life, which will be removed from those who enter into Heaven after the judgement, allowing those in Heaven and on the New Earth to live forever. Thus death will be destroyed in the lake of fire; which is the second and final type of death.

Beside these Biblical allusions there have been thousands of accounts of near death experiences throughout history, which point to an afterlife and equally, there numerous accounts from of people that have purported to have been reincarnated and lived before their current life too.

One estimate of how many Christians actually believe in reincarnation is about one in ten and it makes far more sense that we are reincarnated, as this way everyone would be given a fair chance to hear the message that Jesus is the Son of God who died for our sins. Otherwise all those who’d lived and died before Jesus came the first time, as well as all those who haven’t heard about Him since His resurrection; through no fault of their own, would be able to hear the Gospel and consider for themselves whether His message was true or not. Thus Jesus would be able to judge everyone equally on this basis. After all salvation and entry to heaven is only through Jesus:

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

It would be just like a fair and just God to give us several lifetimes to give us as many chances as possible to turn to His Son, especially when He loves us so much that he gave His only Son to die for us. I believe we have all had many lives throughout history and that this created reality is part of a larger refining process, that will result in a perfect order when God the Father returns to renew Heaven and Earth after the Millennial Reign. The Millennial Reign will be when everyone who has yet to be saved will get another chance on Earth but this time with Jesus as their King who they will be able to see, this is when the great Multitude will be saved, and is why Jesus said:

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

The blessed are the 144,000 who will reign as Priests of God and Christ for the thousand years.

I also believe this revelation about reincarnation will be and is being revealed now in these end times, because for all intents and purposes, this will be our last life before Jesus returns because His return is so close. So even the misinterpretation of Hebrews is actually ‘quite’ true, in the sense that because most of us will die during the tribulation, most will face a judgement after our last earthly death in this current age.

Also, the reason I believe this revelation wasn’t allowed to be widely accepted before now; was to impress upon us, over the last two thousand years, the importance of making that critical choice, whether to believe in Jesus or not, without thinking that we may get another chance in another life. Consider the recent rise in the population of the Earth, it’s greater now than ever before, as if we’re all being gathered together for one last chance to hear about Jesus before He returns. Don’t you think?

marhig

I will think on all this, in the meantime please think on my thoughts and reasons why I believe in reincarnation. Apologise if I have posted this to you already in another thread, it's sometimes hard to remember what I have said and to whom.

Most Christian's know that traditionally Christian teaching say's there is no such thing as reincarnation and indeed Christian's often use the only verse in the entire Bible that seems to 'prove' reincarnation is not real, which is Hebrews 9:27. Unfortunately this is because of a general mistranslation and a misunderstood verse and chapter. Here is the direct original Greek translation from the Interlinear Bible (the most accurate word for word translation):

And down to which, a which it situateth off, unto the ones, unto mankind, to once to have had died off, with moreover to the one, this a separating.

Notice that it say's mankind, most translations however instead say 'man' but the Weymouth New Testament translation, which has the closest match to the original wording, dose correctly translate it as mankind:

And since it is reserved for all mankind once to die, and afterwards to be judged.

It is still not know who wrote Hebrew's and whether it was Paul and or Apollos, Barnabas, or Zeanos, what is clear is that the writer throughout chapter nine uses the word mankind rather than just the word 'man'. Chapter nine is about the broader picture of God's plan for mankind and how Jesus only had to die once for mankind’s redemption, unlike the repeated mosaic sacrificial system. This was an important question at the time for the new Jewish Christian's. The writer then explains similarly that mankind will also die once and then face a final judgement. The writer does not suddenly change from talking about the larger picture of God's plan for mankind, to then just focusing on each individual's person's death. Instead he is actually talking about the final judgement that John writes about in chapter twenty of Revelation:

Revelation 20:11-15
Then I saw a great white throne, and One who was seated on it [God], from whose presence earth, and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing in front of the throne. And books were opened; and so was another book, namely the Book of Life; and the dead were judged by the things recorded in the books in accordance with what their conduct had been. Then the sea yielded up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades yielded up the dead who were in them, and each man was judged in accordance with what his conduct had been. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the Lake of fire; this is the Second Death, the Lake of fire. And if any one's name was not found recorded in the Book of Life he was thrown into the Lake of fire.

It is true of course that each individual is judged at their death as to whether they had faith in Jesus as there saviour, which determines if they go to Heaven or Hell but the judgement for the rewards of conduct are not done till the final judgement after the millennial reign of Christ. There is a partial reward for the 144,000 at the second coming of Christ, when they receive their resurrected bodies a thousand years before the great multitude get their resurrected bodies at the second resurrection:

Revelations 20:4-6
I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge.[The twenty four elders] And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus, and because of the word of God. [The 144,000] They had not worshipped the beast [The Anti-Christ] or its image, and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. [The great multitude]) This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection [The 144,000]. The second death [The lake of fire] has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with him for a thousand years.

Throughout history Christian sects have sprung up with the truth that reincarnation is real, such as the Gnostics, Sethian, Valentinus, and Cather's for example but all were eventually squashed and killed off as heretic’s, mainly by the Catholic church. Such as in 1209 when they in-sighted crusader's to burn hundred's of Cather's alive at Montsegur, near Toulouse, in the south of France. Indeed, reincarnation is taught in the Jewish tradition's and this verse is often sited as alluding to reincarnation:

Job 33:29-30
“Behold, God does all these things, twice, three times, with a man, to bring back his soul from the pit, that he may be lighted with the light of life.

Jesus Himself and His disciples alluded to reincarnation a number of times too. For instance, Jesus stated that Elijah had come back as John the Baptist but he was not recognised and that Elijah would come again to restore all things, which John the Baptist clearly did not fulfil:

Mathew 17:10-13
The disciples asked him, “Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?” Jesus replied, “To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things. But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.” Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.

There are a number of other scriptures too where Jesus suggests or speaks about reincarnation:

Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

Some Christians say this is referring to the Transfiguration but Jesus did not come in His Kingdom at that time. Instead Jesus was stating that some of the disciples with Him would be alive when He returns in the power and majesty of His Kingdom at His second coming. This could only happen if they are reincarnated to be alive at the time of Jesus’ return. Here’s another time that Jesus referred to us having more than one life.

John 21:20-23
Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the disciple John, who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said, “Lord, who is going to betray you?”) When Peter saw him, he asked, “Lord, what about him?” Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” Because of this, the rumour spread among the believers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?”

The only way John could be alive at Jesus' second coming is if he is reincarnated. The disciples also alluded to reincarnation when they suggested the man born blind may have sinned in a previous life:

John 9:2
His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

It’s perhaps also worth pointing out that there are two types of deaths:

Revelation 2:11
Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death.

Revelation 20:14
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

It explains here that death itself and Hades will be thrown into the lake of fire, which is like the Hell of Hell's and permanent death. Death was one of the curses placed on man after the fall and it is this curse of our ‘first’ earthly type of death that we experience at the end of each life, which will be removed from those who enter into Heaven after the judgement, allowing those in Heaven and on the New Earth to live forever. Thus death will be destroyed in the lake of fire; which is the second and final type of death.

Beside these Biblical allusions there have been thousands of accounts of near death experiences throughout history, which point to an afterlife and equally, there numerous accounts from of people that have purported to have been reincarnated and lived before their current life too.

One estimate of how many Christians actually believe in reincarnation is about one in ten and it makes far more sense that we are reincarnated, as this way everyone would be given a fair chance to hear the message that Jesus is the Son of God who died for our sins. Otherwise all those who’d lived and died before Jesus came the first time, as well as all those who haven’t heard about Him since His resurrection; through no fault of their own, would be able to hear the Gospel and consider for themselves whether His message was true or not. Thus Jesus would be able to judge everyone equally on this basis. After all salvation and entry to heaven is only through Jesus:

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

It would be just like a fair and just God to give us several lifetimes to give us as many chances as possible to turn to His Son, especially when He loves us so much that he gave His only Son to die for us. I believe we have all had many lives throughout history and that this created reality is part of a larger refining process, that will result in a perfect order when God the Father returns to renew Heaven and Earth after the Millennial Reign. The Millennial Reign will be when everyone who has yet to be saved will get another chance on Earth but this time with Jesus as their King who they will be able to see, this is when the great Multitude will be saved, and is why Jesus said:

The blessed are the 144,000 who will reign as Priests of God and Christ for the thousand years.

I also believe this revelation about reincarnation will be and is being revealed now in these end times, because for all intents and purposes, this will be our last life before Jesus returns because His return is so close. So even the misinterpretation of Hebrews is actually ‘quite’ true, in the sense that because most of us will die during the tribulation, most will face a judgement after our last earthly death in this current age.

Also, the reason I believe this revelation wasn’t allowed to be widely accepted before now; was to impress upon us, over the last two thousand years, the importance of making that critical choice, whether to believe in Jesus or not, without thinking that we may get another chance in another life. Consider the recent rise in the population of the Earth, it’s greater now than ever before, as if we’re all being gathered together for one last chance to hear about Jesus before He returns. Don’t you think?
Hebrews 9:27 is in regards to death to self. Once we die the death then we are judged. Because it's then that we know God and we know the truth. He's not talking about natural death.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Hebrews 9:27 is in regards to death to self. Once we die the death then we are judged. Because it's then that we know God and we know the truth. He's not talking about natural death.

I disagree (did you read what i put or just reacted to the first paragraph?).

marhig

I disagree (did you read what i put or just reacted to the first paragraph?).
Yes, I believe it means death to self, as does this verse

We ask for God's kingdom to come in the Lord's prayer to do his will. And we don't do Gods will until we start dying to self.

We see the Christ in others, those born of God who have Christ in their hearts and share the gospel, share Gods word with others and also live by the word themselves. And when we hear the word of God through Christ in the hearts of others, and once we truly take the word in, believe and repent and have faith, it is then that we taste death, (which is death to our self will) and we then start living by the will of God.

Look at this, what do you think of the following verses?

John 21

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

By the way, the are three deaths, dead to God, death to self, and natural death.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
His beginning, his gennesis is given in Matthew 1:18

God certainly planned and foreknew of Jesus Christ's eventual life, but was not literally alive until his conception and birth.
John 17:5 NIV - And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.