Pope says church should ask forgiveness from Sodomites for past treatment

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
[FON=Georgia]It would depend on what he said and the circumstances of his having said it.
Well, here he said that "the church" should apologize to homos.

However, apologies are for individual people who are seeking repentance, not entities.

Cruciform

Well, here he said that "the church" should apologize to homos.
And what, said the pope, are the circumstances under which the Church should feel obligated to apologize to homosexual people? IF __________. (Complete the sentence.)

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
[FNT=Georgia]And [IU]what[/U][/I], said the pope, are the [BI]circumstances[/I][/B] under which the Church should feel obligated to apologize to homosexual people? IF __________. (Complete the sentence.)[/FONT]
The conditional is irrelevant; apologies are for repentant people, not entities.

That's possible.
You misspelled "likely." ;)

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
So we should ignore what the pope says and listen to your interpretation?

You present a false choice. The answer is neither. What you should do is know HOW to listen to the Pope. That is difficult for non-Catholics because they never correctly understand the role of the Pope in the first place.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You present a false choice. The answer is neither. What you should do is know HOW to listen to the Pope. That is difficult for non-Catholics because they never correctly understand the role of the Pope in the first place.

I listen to the pope in the same manner I listen to anyone else: by judging what he says against scripture. He doesn't have any special privilege.

The Bible says repentance is for individuals, not for entities to prescribe.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Oh right, we're talking about the Harlot
Leave you mom out of this.

17akxn.jpg

There is nothing more pathetic than a name-caller who reports the person he insulted because the person he insulted reacted back. Only a worm would do that.

I don't report things.

But, I called your church the Harlot, not you. So in actuality I would have been justified in reporting it :idunno:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I reported you, silly.

I believe that. People who lie like you do are generally not above being rats either.

I'm sorry Crucible I judged you wrongly. Still, calling the largest Christian Church a "harlot" is pretty rude to the 1.4 billion Christians who attend. I wouldn't mind an apology in return, if you're big enough to do so.

Cruciform

Of course, Stripe refused to complete the sentence in Post #142 for the simple reason that it demonstrates his straightforward error regarding the Pope's statement. Let's look at his (Stripe's) posted excuse:

The conditional is irrelevant...
Not to the actual context of the Pope's statement, which you are desperately avoiding in your wholly incorrect response.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
FONT=Georgia]Of course, Stripe refused to complete the sentence in Post #142 for the simple reason that it demonstrates his [Istraightforward error[/I] regarding the Pope's statement. Let's look at his (Stripe's) posted excuse:Not to the B][Iactual context[/I][/B] of the Pope's statement, which you are desperately avoiding in your wholly incorrect response.[/FONT]

But you're not willing to explain how I'm wrong. :idunno:

The pope said the church should apologize to homos, but apologies are for repentant individuals, not corporate entities.