Pope says church should ask forgiveness from Sodomites for past treatment

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The Pope is making a damn fool of himself, under the guise of friendship- we all see it for what it is- fools shall be fools!

Cruciform

The Pope is making a damn fool of himself, under the guise of friendship- we all see it for what it is- fools shall be fools!
TRANSLATION: "I choose to continue following the entirely non-authoritative opinions of my preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, rather than obeying the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Church!"

Noted.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
The Successor of St. Peter...
Does the pope :eek:linger: have to pay to get that tiara
limpwrist.gif
into a movie? :think:

See:

Peter vs. Francis

Who Holds the Keys?

Fish Heads
poisson.gif
~ Barnes & Barnes

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The Successor of St. Peter comes in the name and authority of Jesus Christ (Mt. 16:18-19).

It is not subject to your specific church authority- you sit there and talk about 'man made', but your special authority is nowhere written except by mere men much time later.

If God really willed the Roman seat to be the primacy, I doubt it would have caused so much division. It's a pretty flimsy turnout if you ask me, why even have it :rolleyes:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
It is not subject to your specific church authority- you sit there and talk about 'man made', but your special authority is nowhere written except by mere men much time later.....
Not true at all. The Papacy is plain and clear on the pages of the Bible, albeit not under that name. "Papacy" is an English bastardization of the word Pater.

This does not really belong in the politics section though.

Cruciform

It is not subject to your specific church authority...
I'm afraid it is, since the Catholic Church is in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D.

...you sit there and talk about 'man made', but your special authority is nowhere written...
The inherent doctrinal authority of Christ's one historic Catholic Church is established in both Divine Revelation (Scripture and Tradition), and in the events of ecclesiastical history. As Christ's one historic Church, it's formal teachings carry the doctrinal authority of Jesus Christ himself (Lk. 10:16; cf. 1 Tim. 3:15).

...except by mere men much time later.
"Mere men" in the specific sense in which the apostles were "mere men," indeed, as their (the apostles') ordained successors, the bishops.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...[T]he Catholic Church is in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D.
False. The Roman Catholic religion began with Constantine in AD 325.

See:

What is the origin of the Catholic Church?

The inherent doctrinal authority of Christ's one historic Catholic Church...
"...[L]et’s examine the Roman Catholic claim that it is the “first church.” Nowhere in the New Testament will you find the “one true church” doing any of the following: praying to Mary, praying to the saints, venerating Mary, submitting to a pope, having a select priesthood, baptizing an infant, observing the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper as sacraments, or passing on apostolic authority to successors of the apostles. All of these are core elements of the Roman Catholic faith. If most of the core elements of the Roman Catholic Church were not practiced by the New Testament Church (the first church and one true church), how then can the Roman Catholic Church be the first church?..." Full text: What was the first / original church? Is the original / first church the true church?

See:

Vid. Catholicism vs Christianity by Mike Gendron

Recommended Reading:

Is Rome the True Church?: A Consideration of the Roman Catholic Claim by Norman L. Geisler

Also see:

Is Rome the One True Church?

The Divine Rebuke of Corrupt Religious Authority

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Not true at all. The Papacy is plain and clear on the pages of the Bible, albeit not under that name. "Papacy" is an English bastardization of the word Pater.

The Christ rescued us from your godforsaken law- your church is simply a continuation of the Pharisee.

Calvin and Luther stood at the foothold of your church, and so there I am where they stood- I have no choice, and it is not against Catholics, but the Roman Magisterium.

Let me make it clear- I am not an evangelist, or a Methodist, or a 'MADist', or any other heresy.
I am the testimony to your damned church, who is the Whore of Babylon_

Cruciform

False. The Roman Catholic religion began with Constantine in AD 325.
Who said anything about "Roman Catholicism"? I was talking about the Catholic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D., not the Roman Rite of the Church established later. Learn the qualitative difference.

Cruciform

Quote Originally Posted by Cruciform >
[Is Rome the One True Church? , The Divine Rebuke of Corrupt Religious Authority]
First off, your quotation of me in Post #192 is a case of false attribution, since I never posted any such thing. Once again, serpent is caught lying (Ex. 20:16; Prov. 19:5).

Back to Post #191.

See:
Is apostolic succession biblical?​
See:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
There are more pedophiles in Protestantism than in the Catholic Church---better tend to that beam in your eye, friend.
Does "Cruciform" have access to "insider information" not available to the rest of us?

The Pope is doing exactly what the cardinals hoped he would do - reform the culture of the Catholic Church!