Please help me interpret Genesis 1:27

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

As a woman, you are a woman aren't you? Does it feel right for you and all your sex, to be subservient?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Everyone is subservient to someone...wives to their own husbands, men to their employers, children to their parents, people to their government etc.

Does it feel right for all of your sex to be forced to toil for your daily bread?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Everyone is subservient to someone...wives to their own husbands, men to their employers, children to their parents, people to their government etc.

Does it feel right for all of your sex to be forced to toil for your daily bread?

:smokie::tunes:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It wasn't my choice of word, it either means too willing to serve others or less important. I doubt that most people join the forces are either of those.

A wife is under her husband's authority in the Lord. She is not obligated to do anything immoral or criminal.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned

That's not decided by sex but by poverty, different principle.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
We are supposed to be subservient to each other.

No, shouldn't look down or up to any other brother or sister.

You mean we should help and serve each other but not from a viewpoint of doing it because we are less important.

KingdomRose

Genesis 1:27New International Version (NIV)

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

I have been told that it is blasphemy to say that Our Creator God has a female aspect.

So I am stuck, how can I interpret this scripture on the very first page of the Bible?

To me this is core scripture, it tells us about ourselves and God. It is foundational, upon which all further knowledge will sit on.

"Female aspect" is not necessary. Why do people feel that we must be "politically correct"? The scripture is referring to God creating humans in His own image, meaning with His attributes of love, wisdom, power and justice.

Jesus stated that his Father is "a Spirit" (John 4:24), so it wouldn't be a physical likeness that is referred to at Gen.1:27. Rather, man has qualities that reflect or mirror the qualities that God has, distinguishing him from animals.

KingdomRose

Eve was "taken out of" Adam.

And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. - Genesis 2:22-23

So, in the resurrection, will the DNA be like the "original Adam's" DNA?

I would say so.

KingdomRose

RE: the resurrection - Mark 12:25
For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry,
nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

So, in the resurrection, will the DNA be like the "original" Adam's DNA?

The scripture you quote was directed by Jesus to those of his followers who would have the heavenly calling to rule with him in heaven. There are a limited number of these people. They will be guiding billions of people here on Earth during Christ's Millennial Reign. We will be able to be married and have children, though the people in heaven will not.

People here on Earth will indeed have DNA as perfect as Adam's DNA was before he rebelled.

:idea: some new light, eh, beam?

KingdomRose

You seem to have a simplistic and concrete understanding of theology. Are you JW?

Gen. 32:24-32 does not say anywhere it was Jesus, or that it was certainly an angel, or God; it does interpret as Jacob, seeing God face to face.

You don't know much about JWs. We don't believe that Jesus was ever called "Peniel," and I have never seen that name in the Bible.

When Jacob saw God "face to face," it was as Moses communicated with God "face to face." Since "no man may see God and live," the way that these men "saw" God was with their eyes of understanding. Jacob and Moses knew they were having a close conversation and/or tactile contact with Jehovah or a representative of Jehovah. (Exodus 33:20)

KingdomRose

That is an interesting thought saying that we will be sexless. What do you have to offer to support that?

Most of us won't be sexless---only those in heaven, who are a limited number. And I'm sure they will always think like the sexes they were when on Earth.

KingdomRose

Kingdom of God

Sent from my A462C using TheologyOnline mobile app

Good definition of the Kingdom of God:

The Kingdom of God is a heavenly government. It will replace all other governments and will cause God's will to be done in heaven and on earth. The news about God's Kingdom is good. Soon God's Kingdom will satisfy man's need for good government. It will unite everyone living on earth. (Read Daniel 2:44; Matthew 6:9,10; 24:14.)

God's Son is the ideal King because he is kind and he is firm for what is right. (John 1:14) Also, he is powerful enough to help people because he will rule over the earth from heaven. After he was resurrected, he ascended to heaven and sat down to wait at Jehovah's right hand. (Hebrews 10:12,13) Finally, God gave him power to begin ruling. (Daniel 7:13,14)

Status
Not open for further replies.