Planned Parenthood continues to propagate the abuse of our young girls.

spider

Aborting an unborn baby that is the result of a rape or molestation is like applying a bandaide over a gaping wound rather than cleaning it out and sewing it up.

Children who are victims of rape or molestation need counseling and support. Also, by not reporting a rape or molestation to the authorities, the predator will remain free to victimize other children and teens.

An uninformed parent will not know that their child/teen should be monitored in case of infection or hemmoraging. IMO, the physical and mental health of a minor should always trump patient confidentiality.
Again, I never said that I felt that it was the best option, just that the individual staff member doing this obviously felt it was the best she could do in the situation, given certain constraints. These arguments should be made to the nurse, not me.

Next time I'm going to bold the qualifiers in my sentence like "I can see how" and "I don't like it but" and "in their perspective".

Understood, but we're talking about aiding and abetting sexual abuse of a child. Surely you can't condone that, no matter what the circumstances.
The choice was between that, and the young girl already in trouble having even less options once her parents were involved. While I doubt I'd choose the former over the latter, that's what she's done. The situation was a moral dilemma, and it was set up as such. People often make terrible choices in a moral dilemma, and then people not in that situation get the privilege of making unmitigated value judgments against them. I wouldn't want to be in that situation for quids.

Many 13 year olds having sex with an older man would not view themselves as rape victims. Whether that's true or not, the ramifications of getting parents involved, having her counselled for rape and potentially forcing her to carry the pregnancy to term isn't necessarily going to seem to her like compassionate help and she won't necessarily be grateful that someone did the Right Thing. While that may be immaterial to the moral or legal question here, it's a reason why the options may have seemed a lot more difficult to the person involved than it does to us looking on.

spider

But by doing this the abuser/perpetrator get's "cover".

And when the perpetrator gets "cover" it makes it more easy for him to abuse again and again.
Yes, I know - it's often what disturbs me about reports to do with clergy abusing children and then being moved to different parishes without being reported to the authorities; and with teachers, and other people in positions of influence where their community's trust and their prestige have kept them safe. I had a great big argument with one of my friends over this very subject.

See my other responses.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Many 13 year olds having sex with an older man would not view themselves as rape victims.
That's true and that shows how easy it is for an older more "crafty" male to manipulate his victim. When Planned parenthood help's to dispose of the evidence ....errr.... baby the young girl is being manipulated once again.

Imagine a young girl who had been manipulated into having sex with an older male, she isn't sure what to do and she doesn't want to tell her parents so she goes to her friends house. Her friends mom tells her not to worry, she will help "clean her up" and promises not to tell anyone.

The neighbor is wrongfully covering the crime. The neighbor might have "good intentions" but she is doing something extremely short-sighted and vile (not to mention illegal). Such is the case with Planned Parenthood.

koban

That's true and that shows how easy it is for an older more "crafty" male to manipulate his victim. When Planned parenthood help's to dispose of the evidence ....errr.... baby the young girl is being manipulated once again.

Imagine a young girl who had been manipulated into having sex with an older male, she isn't sure what to do and she doesn't want to tell her parents so she goes to her friends house. Her friends mom tells her not to worry, she will help "clean her up" and promises not to tell anyone.

The neighbor is wrongfully covering the crime. The neighbor might have "good intentions" but she is doing something extremely short-sighted and vile (not to mention illegal). Such is the case with Planned Parenthood.

Consider the case of a sexually agressive thirteen or fourteen year old girl where the "adult" is a young man of eighteen or nineteen. The girl actively pursues the "man", lies about her age and does whatever he wants her to do. (and I've seen too many girls like this at school - they make me sick)

Is she still innocent?

If she gets pregnant and decides on her own to get an abortion, do you still give her a pass on being a murderer?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Consider the case of a sexually agressive thirteen or fourteen year old girl where the "adult" is a young man of eighteen or nineteen. The girl actively pursues the "man", lies about her age and does whatever he wants her to do. (and I've seen too many girls like this at school - they make me sick)

Is she still innocent?

If she gets pregnant and decides on her own to get an abortion, do you still give her a pass on being a murderer?
Koban, I have already responded to this (here).

I have never given the girl a "pass", not in this case, nor in the case you have just described.

Any girl who is willfully going to Planned Parenthood to get an abortion or who has willingly had sex with an older male is also responsible. (But that obvious and has been discussed in great detail here on TOL for about 11 years)

spider

If she's responsible, then has she really been raped or molested? Or has she merely engaged in inappropriate or unlawful sex?

spider

I suppose that without referral to appropriate counselling it's hard to determine beforehand. There's often a grey area with minors and sexuality.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I suppose that without referral to appropriate counselling it's hard to determine beforehand. There's often a grey area with minors and sexuality.
Beforehand? Well... it's tough to determine the cause of the crime beforehand (since it hasen't happened yet) but after the crime and careful examination of the crime will help us determine the culpable parties.

nicholsmom

If she did so willingly then obviously she holds some responsibility.

How can we even know if she "did so willingly" when 13 yos are so easily manipulated into thinking and behaving however their manipulators want? Honestly, girls of 10-15 years are so easily managed it's no wonder that that age group is sexualized - TV can run their lives, surely a wiley 30-something man would have no trouble convincing her that she wanted what he wanted her to want.

This also applies to the sexual manner and dress of our adolescents too. They see Miley Cyrus topless on the 'net & before her were many teen idols strutting their sexuality and teaching millions of girls how to behave - remember these are easily-manipulated girls.

It is no wonder to me why they act this way, but to say that that means that they understand what they are doing in any real way is quite wrong. They are sadly and sorely clueless.

nicholsmom

Is grey the color of cluelessness, then?

The interesting thing is that they know that they are clueless and it embarrasses them to the point that they just do what they see everyone else doing - not realizing that as many eyes are watching them. It's a clear case of the blind and stupid leading the blind and stupid.

Granite

Hall of Fame
How can we even know if she "did so willingly" when 13 yos are so easily manipulated into thinking and behaving however their manipulators want? Honestly, girls of 10-15 years are so easily managed it's no wonder that that age group is sexualized - TV can run their lives, surely a wiley 30-something man would have no trouble convincing her that she wanted what he wanted her to want.

This also applies to the sexual manner and dress of our adolescents too. They see Miley Cyrus topless on the 'net & before her were many teen idols strutting their sexuality and teaching millions of girls how to behave - remember these are easily-manipulated girls.

It is no wonder to me why they act this way, but to say that that means that they understand what they are doing in any real way is quite wrong. They are sadly and sorely clueless.

I absolutely agree. We disparage publicly-educated teens for their cluelessness on the one hand, then expect them to make appropriate moral and ethic judgment calls on the other. We cannot have it both ways.

spider

Will they always not want "it" though? Maybe this is off-topic, but we seem to assume that it will always end up being a big disappointment or trauma or they'll feel used. Will it always turn out that way? I understand it has no bearing on the morality of it for most here - and it certainly doesn't affect the legality, but aside from those things, are 100% of teenage girls incorrect when they think they would like to have sex at that age?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Will they always not want "it" though? Maybe this is off-topic, but we seem to assume that it will always end up being a big disappointment or trauma or they'll feel used. Will it always turn out that way? I understand it has no bearing on the morality of it for most here - and it certainly doesn't affect the legality, but aside from those things, are 100% of teenage girls incorrect when they think they would like to have sex at that age?

I understand what you're saying but I'd rather have kids this age err on the side of waiting for some of their better judgment to arrive.

Ps2zeke

What the hell...

What the hell...

i cant believe the video i just saw,that is royally messed up,i dont know what to say realy,im absolutely disgusted...i cant believe that some1 managed to record it tho.im glad they did b-coz it rely duz need to be exposed,and stopped.i cant think wot else to say,but i think my whole paragraph shows how i feel about the situation!

C

cattyfan

Does it bother anyone else that this story was completely ignored by the "mainstream" media...and that Nancy Pelosi just tried to stuff the latest economic measure with hundreds of millions more dollars for Planned Parenthood?

It's completely sickening.

C

cattyfan

does anyone know what happened to the girl and the nurse?

The "girl" is actually a young woman, and she's working on a series of stories based on the results of the summer-long investigation which revealed a number of PP offices giving the same type of "council" and willing to ignore abuse to facilitate an abortion.

The nurse was temporarily suspended. I suspect they have since reinstated her now that the coverage has died down.