ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Why would you assume that I don't acknowledge the Greek manuscripts? I wanted to know why you accepted the Greek manuscripts, and why you would assume the Greek language could even contain the intended meaning. Your answer could be very useful. Would you have a different answer if I substituted "Hebrew" instead of "Greek?"

While you may not have asked questions about "faith" and "salvation" I think I may have preemptively answered somewhat on the previous thread, when I was defining faith and belief. It is probably in the location where I started pulling sample passages containing the word to demonstrate how I would build such a definition. I am not overly concerned with defining a "process" because our call is simple, to repent and believe:

Hebrews 12:1-2 KJV
(1) Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
(2) Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

If Jesus is truly the author and finisher of our faith, we don't need to overly concern ourselves with metaphysical details. His commands are not grievous (1 John 5:3) and if we repent and believe (Acts 16:30) the rest can fall into place. If I were to summarize his commands, I could say they were Love God, Love thy Neighbor, Love thy Enemies, Love one another, and Love Truth... or that we could distill this into a single word, LOVE.

Believe and recieve , not surprised . This is why I keep trying to point out the Stumbling block .

That would explain why you refused to agree with a simple understanding of what a verb is . If you had agreed that pisteuo , a verb , is an act , based upon a belief , sustained by confidence , you would be agreeing to Faith And faithing being something we must do to recieve the Spirit of Christ .

You also wouldn't agree that the English language has no corresponding verb for the noun Faith . Same reason , that would have lend credence to a mistranslation , undermining " believing ".

I'm not sure why you agreed with the Strongs and Vines definitions . You agreed with the Strongs when it disclaimed " pisteuo means not just to believe " . Now you standing on it ?

Like I said , being honest with yourself is the only real requirement to start a Salvation journey , other than being drawn or called by the Father .

Have we created enough distance from that point 4 question now ?

Rosenritter

Believe and recieve , not surprised . This is why I keep trying to point out the Stumbling block .

That would explain why you refused to agree with a simple understanding of what a verb is . If you had agreed that pisteuo , a verb , is an act , based upon a belief , sustained by confidence , you would be agreeing to Faith And faithing being something we must do to recieve the Spirit of Christ .

I think you read over this too quickly:

"... and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
(2) Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; "

You also wouldn't agree that the English language has no corresponding verb for the noun Faith . Same reason , that would have lend credence to a mistranslation , undermining " believing ".

Because "corresponding" did not mean "derivative" in my thinking. We have corresponding words and phrases for the use and exercise of faith. For example, "exercise faith" and "live by faith" and "to believe."

I'm not sure why you agreed with the Strongs and Vines definitions . You agreed with the Strongs when it disclaimed " pisteuo means not just to believe " . Now you standing on it ?

See even the previous definition I used in everyday conversation, that believe has more than one depth of meaning. Your Greek word means not just to believe, but to truly believe.

Like I said , being honest with yourself is the only real requirement to start a Salvation journey , other than being drawn or called by the Father .

Have we created enough distance from that point 4 question now ?

I still don't know why you have faith in the suitability of the Greek language to contain the intended meaning of the Holy Spirit...

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I think you read over this too quickly:

"... and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
(2) Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; "

Because "corresponding" did not mean "derivative" in my thinking. We have corresponding words and phrases for the use and exercise of faith. For example, "exercise faith" and "live by faith" and "to believe."

See even the previous definition I used in everyday conversation, that believe has more than one depth of meaning. Your Greek word means not just to believe, but to truly believe.

I still don't know why you have faith in the suitability of the Greek language to contain the intended meaning of the Holy Spirit...

The same reason Mary was made suitable by the Holy Spirit .

Rosenritter

The same reason Mary was made suitable by the Holy Spirit .

Luke 1:26-33 KJV
(26) And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
(27) To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
(28) And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
(29) And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
(30) And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
(31) And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
(32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
(33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Greek was fitting for the scriptures because... it was a virgin? it was physically descended from the line of David?

Luke 1:35 KJV
(35) And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Or that the Holy Ghost entered into the Greek language to give birth to the Greek scripture?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Luke 1:26-33 KJV
(26) And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
(27) To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
(28) And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
(29) And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
(30) And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
(31) And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
(32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
(33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Greek was fitting for the scriptures because... it was a virgin? it was physically descended from the line of David?

Luke 1:35 KJV
(35) And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Or that the Holy Ghost entered into the Greek language to give birth to the Greek scripture?

You've lost your credibility , the only way this discussion moves forward is if you answer the question on point 4 .

Rosenritter

You've lost your credibility , the only way this discussion moves forward is if you answer the question on point 4 .

If you are determined to answer cryptically and not plainly when asked, I don't see how there can be a forward discussion. Regardless, if I were trying to answer that question based on what you supplied so far, I would have chosen the latter, that the Holy Spirit prepared the Greek language for the purpose of the scriptures. I don't think it is a coincidence that Greek spread across the portion of the world in preparation for the gospel message.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
If you are determined to answer cryptically and not plainly when asked, I don't see how there can be a forward discussion. Regardless, if I were trying to answer that question based on what you supplied so far, I would have chosen the latter, that the Holy Spirit prepared the Greek language for the purpose of the scriptures. I don't think it is a coincidence that Greek spread across the portion of the world in preparation for the gospel message.

Your major problem is the object of Faithing or pisteuo is not in the Scriptures or the gospel message , the object of pisteuo or faithing is in the real living person Jesus Christ .

Point 4 question . You don't agree that a verb is an act , based upon a belief , sustained by confidence , so how would you define what a verb is ?

Rosenritter

Luke 10:25-28 KJV
(25) And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
(26) He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
(27) And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
(28) And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

Love is hardly a stumbling block.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Luke 10:25-28 KJV
(25) And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
(26) He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
(27) And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
(28) And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

Love is hardly a stumbling block.

The topic of this thread is about pisteuo . We were a the point of discussing how a verb would be associated with pisteuo .

We agree a verb is an action word . But you regressed and disagreed that a verb is an act , based upon a belief , sustained by confidence .

I don't think your saying that a verb is a baseless act with no sustained confidence , like a twitch or siesure . So if you don't agree that a verb is an act , based upon a belief , sustained by confidence , give me a better understanding of it .
Please stay on topic of the thread .

Rosenritter

The topic of this thread is about pisteuo . We were a the point of discussing how a verb would be associated with pisteuo .

We agree a verb is an action word . But you regressed and disagreed that a verb is an act , based upon a belief , sustained by confidence .

I don't think your saying that a verb is a baseless act with no sustained confidence , like a twitch or siesure . So if you don't agree that a verb is an act , based upon a belief , sustained by confidence , give me a better understanding of it .
Please stay on topic of the thread .

Haven't I already?

A verb acts.

A noun is a thing even including a person or an idea, animate or inanimate. A verb allows us describe the action, interaction, motion, or change in status of nouns. I previously gave examples of verb use that would break your proposed definition. We say that a rock falls, and that requires no sustained confidence based upon any belief. In that example, rock was the noun and falls was the verb. And although I haven't thought of it this way before (there might be an exception) nouns without verbs would be like a still-frame setting stuck in single point in time.

Faither, I am not that enthusiastic about this line of questioning. You seem very determined to force answers down a specific route even if they don't seem to naturally fit, and as such it raises apprehension about where you're trying to lead. If I was wrestling and my opponent kept trying to maneuver me into a certain hold or position, my natural reflex would be to avoid that that maneuvering. If you ask questions and the answers naturally lead where you want to go, that is one thing, but if need to keep bending and squishing the answers until someone tires (like the beleaguered judge in the parable) and just says "go on" the result isn't going to be persuasive.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Haven't I already?

Lol

A noun is a thing even including a person or an idea, animate or inanimate. A verb allows us describe the action, interaction, motion, or change in status of nouns. I previously gave examples of verb use that would break your proposed definition. We say that a rock falls, and that requires no sustained confidence based upon any belief. In that example, rock was the noun and falls was the verb. And although I haven't thought of it this way before (there might be an exception) nouns without verbs would be like a still-frame setting stuck in single point in time.

Faither, I am not that enthusiastic about this line of questioning. You seem very determined to force answers down a specific route even if they don't seem to naturally fit, and as such it raises apprehension about where you're trying to lead. If I was wrestling and my opponent kept trying to maneuver me into a certain hold or position, my natural reflex would be to avoid that that maneuvering. If you ask questions and the answers naturally lead where you want to go, that is one thing, but if need to keep bending and squishing the answers until someone tires (like the beleaguered judge in the parable) and just says "go on" the result isn't going to be persuasive.

We're talking bout about basic fundamental truths that your struggling with .

Pisteuo was used 248 times .

Pisteuo means ". NOT " to believe .

Pisteuo is a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender .

Pisteuo is a verb an action Word.

A verb is an act , based upon a belief sustained by confidence .

These are not my opinions , there facts . If you have a problem accepting any of these facts , your problem isn't with me but the writers of the original Greek manuscripts , the Greek dictionarys , and the English language itself .

I haven't even got to any of my personal understandings yet and won't as long as we can't agree on laying the ground work .

If you won't agree on what a verb is , submit a better understanding or this discussion can't move forward .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
To specify ,

Pisteuo , is a verb , the word the Greek writers used to communicate how the specific action is fulfilled .

I say , pisteuo is a specific act , based upon a specific belief , sustained by a specific kind of confidence .

So we are talking about a specific verb , please focus on that .

Rosenritter

We're talking bout about basic fundamental truths that your struggling with .

Pisteuo was used 248 times .

Pisteuo means ". NOT " to believe .

Pisteuo is a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender .

Pisteuo is a verb an action Word.

A verb is an act , based upon a belief sustained by confidence .

These are not my opinions , there facts . If you have a problem accepting any of these facts , your problem isn't with me but the writers of the original Greek manuscripts , the Greek dictionarys , and the English language itself .

I haven't even got to any of my personal understandings yet and won't as long as we can't agree on laying the ground work .

If you won't agree on what a verb is , submit a better understanding or this discussion can't move forward .

The second item is your opinion and your Fifth item is incorrect (verbs include acts based on believe on confidence, but not exclusively.) You're not giving me much motivation to want to continue in this thread, either on this topic or by side-rewards such as clear answers to related questions. As I've already supplied better definitions for "verb" and you are unsatisfied with those, I guess this discussion won't be moving forward (not that I really know where "forward" is intended to be in this case.)

Last edited:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The second item is your opinion and your forth item is incorrect (verbs include acts based on believe on confidence, but not exclusively.) You're not giving me much motivation to want to continue in this thread, either on this topic or by side-rewards such as clear answers to related questions. As I've already supplied better definitions for "verb" and you are unsatisfied with those, I guess this discussion won't be moving forward (not that I really know where "forward" is intended to be in this case.)

Being honest with yourself is the first thing needed to respond to the call of the Father. Without that your stuck at the beginning .

I hope the Father continues to draw you until that happens .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The second item is your opinion and your forth item is incorrect (verbs include acts based on believe on confidence, but not exclusively.) You're not giving me much motivation to want to continue in this thread, either on this topic or by side-rewards such as clear answers to related questions. As I've already supplied better definitions for "verb" and you are unsatisfied with those, I guess this discussion won't be moving forward (not that I really know where "forward" is intended to be in this case.)

The second fact I presented , the one you said was my opinion , I got it word for word out of the Strongs Greek dictionary . Here it is again .

Strongs : " pisteuo means NOT just to believe ."

You agreed with that at the start of our discussion . Is this where you begin the misrepresentations and name-calling .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
"I am the greatest teacher evangelist since the Apostle Paul", Dr Gene Scott.

"Come unto me", Jon, the "Faither".

Cross reference , I know your looking down the barrel of hurricane Florence . I hope God keeps you safe . I'm accually about 30 minutes from where you are and will be also riding it out . So may God keep us both in His will .

Cross Reference

But if walk in the light, as He is in the light, … the blood *[the essential life] of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses [me] from all sin. (1 John 1:7)

*Walking by the actuality of God’s own DNA indwelling my soul. The one condition is that we walk in the light as God is in the light. God does not give a man a clean thing to look after, He puts a life within him that keeps him clean as long as he walks in the light, a superabounding life, “a well of water springing up into everlasting life.”