ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Cross Reference

I just did. All of John 14 explains it.
What Jesus didn't say was, "you will never be with me in heaven if you fail to obey all my commandments."

Are you prepared to tempt God with that statement? Seems you are just to protect your conceit..

Question: Who controls you, God or your conceit? You declare: 'Becauae I said a sinners prayer I can now live my life and have Jesus too'. Am I correct or not? You seem to be willing to tempt God with your carnal conceit? Much pride in you, I suppose.

Cross Reference

Faither, consider this word is for you . . . and very timely:

July 21st

The gateway to the kingdom

"Blessed are the poor in spirit." Matthew 5:3.

Beware of placing Our Lord as a Teacher first. If Jesus Christ is a Teacher only, then all He can do is to tantalize me by erecting a standard I cannot attain. What is the use of presenting me with an ideal I cannot possibly come near? I am happier without knowing it. What is the good of telling me to be what I never can be—to be pure in heart, to do more than my duty, to be perfectly devoted to God? I must know Jesus Christ as Saviour before His teaching has any meaning for me other than that of an ideal which leads to despair. But when I am born again of the Spirit of God, I know that Jesus Christ did not come to teach only: He came to make me what He teaches I should be. The Redemption means that Jesus Christ can put into any man the disposition that ruled His own life, and all the standards God gives are based on that disposition.

The teaching of the Sermon on the Mount produces despair in the natural man—the very thing Jesus means it to do. As long as we have a self-righteous, conceited notion that we can carry out Our Lord’s teaching, God will allow us to go on until we break our ignorance over some obstacle, then we are willing to come to Him as paupers and receive from Him. ‘Blessed are the paupers in spirit,’ that is the first principle in the kingdom of God. The bedrock in Jesus Christ’s kingdom is poverty, not possession; not decisions for Jesus Christ, but a sense of absolute futility—‘I cannot begin to do it.’ Then Jesus says—‘Blessed are you.’ That is the entrance, and it does take us a long while to believe we are poor! The knowledge of our own poverty brings us on to the moral frontier where Jesus Christ works.

Oswald Chambers

Cross Reference

I'm stating the Vines Greek dictionary exact definition of the Greek word pisteuo. The specific word used by the NT writers in which all those verses you mentioned can come to happen.

The exact definition of pisteuo is : Vines , " a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender . "

It's not a surrender to His ways . As we surrender our lives to Him each day , and live a life inspired by such surrender , His ways will flow from us by the power of His Spirit that He seals inside us .

That is how everything in God's Word manifests itself in our lives , like a mirror . All from a life of pisteuo !!!!

One does NOT receive the POWER of the Spirit for living UNTIL he is born again. You need to "learn" that and the reason why.

Cross Reference

I listed only one modern translation but most all use the same 'coptic Greek', empty of the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, in their copies.

I suggest reading the example I submitted below as being written [no doubt] by a Baptist or some other cessationist:

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20 (ESV)

This one by a Pentecostal:

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20 (KJV)

For obvious reasons we see in the churches today we might consider the coptic translation to be instruments of the devil. And there are so many of them boasting from their mired Greek intellect as being the "best" for understanding the scriptures.

MennoSota

Are you prepared to tempt God with that statement? Seems you are just to protect your conceit..

Question: Who controls you, God or your conceit? You declare: 'Becauae I said a sinners prayer I can now live my life and have Jesus too'. Am I correct or not? You seem to be willing to tempt God with your carnal conceit? Much pride in you, I suppose.
You are not God and the statement is directed at you and the judaisers who desire to be justified under the law of works rather than by Jesus fulfillment of the law and atonement for your sin.
Since you have rejected grace, there is no forgiveness for your sins. The law condemns you.

Cross Reference

You are not God and the statement is directed at you and the judaisers who desire to be justified under the law of works rather than by Jesus fulfillment of the law and atonement for your sin.
Since you have rejected grace, there is no forgiveness for your sins. The law condemns you.

Hey! Nevermind with your stupid unlearned comments, Answer the question??!!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Not at all. You reject what God (Jesus) says in Galatians and add the law as a requirement for justification by butchering John 14.
meshak, the entire Bible testifies against you from Genesis to Revelation.

I don't reject anything that Jesus says.

You add your own condition of salvation and it is a false gospel and blasphemy.

Cross Reference

Any true work of God with us is not when we consecrate ourselves to Him, but when we see. Consecration should result from spiritual vision, it can never take its place. This is where God’s work begins. Our work may begin at any time; God’s work through us can spring only from divinely given vision-perspective. Watchman Nee has written:

“Without that vision, our service for God follows the impulse of our own ideas but not in accord with God’s plan. When we come to Paul, we see that for him this revelation was twofold. ‘It pleased God. . . to reveal His Son in me’: that was inner revelation, subjective, if you like the term (Gal. 1:15, 16). ‘I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision’: that was outer vision, objective, concrete, practical (Acts 26:19). The inner and the outer working together make perfect completeness, whereas either is insufficient without the other.

“And this is the need of the Church, of the people of God, today. Inward revelation must go along with outward vision: not only knowing the Lord within, but knowing also God’s eternal purpose; not stopping at the foundation, but understanding too how to build upon it. God is not satisfied with our just doing odds and ends of work; that is what servants do. We are his friends, and His friends know His plans.”

How does this revelation of God’s purpose come? One has answered this question like this: “As long as I wanted to use God for my own purposes, I could only see everything as related to me. Then a crisis in my health came and the outward cross I had known became an inward cross—with Him I passed from death unto life where ‘ALL THINGS BECOME NEW.’ Then I saw how I belonged to Him for His own purpose. What a change! Once my inner being was corrected, my inner eyes could see what He sees and I realized how true it is ‘the pure in heart shall see...:”

MennoSota

I don't reject anything that Jesus says.

You add your own condition of salvation and it is a false gospel and blasphemy.
Sure you do. Jesus (God) gave Paul the words to write to the Galatians. You nullify grace, just like the Judaisers. You have no faith. There is no pisteuo within you.

MennoSota

Any true work of God with us is not when we consecrate ourselves to Him, but when we see. Consecration should result from spiritual vision, it can never take its place. This is where God’s work begins. Our work may begin at any time; God’s work through us can spring only from divinely given vision-perspective. Watchman Nee has written:

“Without that vision, our service for God follows the impulse of our own ideas but not in accord with God’s plan. When we come to Paul, we see that for him this revelation was twofold. ‘It pleased God. . . to reveal His Son in me’: that was inner revelation, subjective, if you like the term (Gal. 1:15, 16). ‘I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision’: that was outer vision, objective, concrete, practical (Acts 26:19). The inner and the outer working together make perfect completeness, whereas either is insufficient without the other.

“And this is the need of the Church, of the people of God, today. Inward revelation must go along with outward vision: not only knowing the Lord within, but knowing also God’s eternal purpose; not stopping at the foundation, but understanding too how to build upon it. God is not satisfied with our just doing odds and ends of work; that is what servants do. We are his friends, and His friends know His plans.”

How does this revelation of God’s purpose come? One has answered this question like this: “As long as I wanted to use God for my own purposes, I could only see everything as related to me. Then a crisis in my health came and the outward cross I had known became an inward cross—with Him I passed from death unto life where ‘ALL THINGS BECOME NEW.’ Then I saw how I belonged to Him for His own purpose. What a change! Once my inner being was corrected, my inner eyes could see what He sees and I realized how true it is ‘the pure in heart shall see...:”
Your works are dead, CR. They condemn you. There is only one means by which you are not condemned...
"For there is now no condemnation for those who are...IN...Christ Jesus.
Either God alone has made you alive...IN...Christ, or you are dead in your trespasses and sins. Those are the two options.
Y'all are rejecting grace and trusting in the Law. You are dead men walking. I'm talking to zombies! [emoji33]

Cross Reference

LOL! More unlearned pap from you. How old are you?? What works condemn me, when I am believing for my sonship in the Father? Shoot. . you don't even know what that means, bunk. You need to read your Bible and get serious about God.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Sure you do. Jesus (God) gave Paul the words to write to the Galatians. You nullify grace, just like the Judaisers. You have no faith. There is no pisteuo within you.

It is your Jesus rejecting comment.

Jesus is the Lord and He did not give anything left to know how to be saved.

He gave all conditions to His followers how to be saved.

You are spreading false gospel.

the more you reject the more you are piling up sins against God and Jesus.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Humans will never personally surrender to God. It goes against their nature.
Out of curiosity, what verse do you use where God says "You must personally surrender to me or I won't save you."?

You really should at least read the OP before you go into condemnation mode .

It's all there !

I'll repeat it just for you .

Pisteuo is used 248 times in the NT . Pisteuo , could not be translated into the English language because , the English language has no word for the corresponding verb form of Faith , the noun pistis .

So , the translators having to choose the next best word chose the words believe believer and believing , which really only communicate part of what a verb is , not pisteuo directly.

Here is the important part !

The exact definition of pisteuo , word for word out of the Vines Greek dictionary is , " a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender .". So every time you see those mistranslated words believe , believer , and believing , 248 times , just replace those words with the exact definition of pisteuo from the Vines. The English language can't translate pisteuo in one single word .

Example :

In 3:16 , " for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son , that who so ever ( believes ) " personally surrenders their lives to Him , and lives a life inspired by such surrender , in Him , should have everlasting life ."

I could give 247 more examples of how pisteuo should correctly be understood .

And just to make sure we are on the same page , I'm am looking at pisteuo , as is relates to the very beginning of our walk with Christ . Before His Spirit is sealed in a called out one . Not at the end of the process in which you seem to be leaning towards .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
You really should at least read the OP before you go into condemnation mode .

It's all there !

I'll repeat it just for you .

Pisteuo is used 248 times in the NT . Pisteuo , could not be translated into the English language because , the English language has no word for the corresponding verb form of Faith , the noun pistis .

So , the translators having to choose the next best word chose the words believe believer and believing , which really only communicate part of what a verb is , not pisteuo directly.

Here is the important part !

The exact definition of pisteuo , word for word out of the Vines Greek dictionary is , " a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender .". So every time you see those mistranslated words believe , believer , and believing , 248 times , just replace those words with the exact definition of pisteuo from the Vines. The English language can't translate pisteuo in one single word .

Example :

In 3:16 , " for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son , that who so ever ( believes ) " personally surrenders their lives to Him , and lives a life inspired by such surrender , in Him , should have everlasting life ."

I could give 247 more examples of how pisteuo should correctly be understood .

And just to make sure we are on the same page , I'm am looking at pisteuo , as is relates to the very beginning of our walk with Christ . Before His Spirit is sealed in a called out one . Not at the end of the process in which you seem to be leaning towards .

This example mennosota is not based in my personal opinion . This is based on Scriptural fact , and Greek language fact .