ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

meshak

BANNED
Banned
What do you mean by" worldly way of living ?"

We dont change our former ways of living. I had to change my mentality to be like Jesus.

Jesus teaches us to be holy, most of us are not holy and don't know what holiness is. But by following Jesus' teachings, we will know what holiness is. Whole Jesus' teachings are about holiness.

The world's standard is much different from Jesus' standard. We learn it by reading His word.

PS, I am not saying I am like Jesus. I am way down and Jesus is way up. I am just trying to be like Jesus.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
We dont change our former ways of living. I had to change my mentality to be like Jesus.

Jesus teaches us to be holy, most of us are not holy and don't know what holiness is. But by following Jesus' teachings, we will know what holiness is. Whole Jesus' teachings are about holiness.

The world's standard is much different from Jesus' standard. We learn it by reading His word.

PS, I am not saying I am like Jesus. I am way down and Jesus is way up. I am just trying to be like Jesus.

I would define " worldly way of living " as , anything other than a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender . Pisteuo is the only way into or to follow Christ and His teachings.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I would define " worldly way of living " as , anything other than a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender . Pisteuo is the only way into or to follow Christ and His teachings.

Whatever it is you are talking about, it is about surrendering to His ways.

In order to do that, we don't set our goals to world's standards.

Jesus says His followers are not of the world. So we should not get into political matters because politics are of the world.

Jesus explained it in many ways. One of the word is "if we are not born again, we will not inherit God's kingdom".

Another one is that if your faith is not like child's, you will not get into the kingdom of God.

Another one is that "blessed are peacemakers, they will inherit the earth."

And another one is "narrow is the way to life and only a few find it."

there are many more in detail about how to inherit god's kingdom.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Whatever it is you are talking about, it is about surrendering to His ways.

In order to do that, we don't set our goals to world's standards.

Jesus says His followers are not of the world. So we should not get into political matters because politics are of the world.

Jesus explained it in many ways. One of the word is "if we are not born again, we will not inherit God's kingdom".

Another one is that if your faith is not like child's, you will not get into the kingdom of God.

Another one is that "blessed are peacemakers, they will inherit the earth."

And another one is "narrow is the way to life and only a few find it."

there are many more in detail about how to inherit god's kingdom.

I'm stating the Vines Greek dictionary exact definition of the Greek word pisteuo. The specific word used by the NT writers in which all those verses you mentioned can come to happen.

The exact definition of pisteuo is : Vines , " a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender . "

It's not a surrender to His ways . As we surrender our lives to Him each day , and live a life inspired by such surrender , His ways will flow from us by the power of His Spirit that He seals inside us .

That is how everything in God's Word manifests itself in our lives , like a mirror . All from a life of pisteuo !!!!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I'm stating the Vines Greek dictionary exact definition of the Greek word pisteuo. The specific word used by the NT writers in which all those verses you mentioned can come to happen.

The exact definition of pisteuo is : Vines , " a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender . "

It's not a surrender to His ways . As we surrender our lives to Him each day , and live a life inspired by such surrender , His ways will flow from us by the power of His Spirit that He seals inside us .

That is how everything in God's Word manifests itself in our lives , like a mirror . All from a life of pisteuo !!!!

You are making simple gospel complicated. It is not a good thing, friend.

MennoSota

Holiness means:
To be set apart, to be sanctified.
Holiness is what God does for us when he adopts us as his child and sets us apart for himself. We are set apart by Jesus atoning sacrifice...made holy by God through Christ. We are set apart when God seats us in the heavenlies with Christ Jesus.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Holiness means:
To be set apart, to be sanctified.
Holiness is what God does for us when he adopts us as his child and sets us apart for himself. We are set apart by Jesus atoning sacrifice...made holy by God through Christ. We are set apart when God seats us in the heavenlies with Christ Jesus.

We set apart by living Jesus' way.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Santificación , justificación , Holyness , everything comes by Faith . Faith is applied by pisteuo ! A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender ! Period !

MennoSota

Santificación , justificación , Holyness , everything comes by Faith . Faith is applied by pisteuo ! A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender ! Period !
Faith is given as a gift from God. You will never merit faith by your works.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Nope. We can never be holy by our own efforts. The Bible says we miss the mark and die in our trespasses and sins trying. If you are placing your hope in your own efforts, you are hopelessly lost.

then why did Jesus say "if you love Me, keep my commandments"?

You have been avoiding this question.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?

Pisteuo sounds like a word for a cheap Mexican sweet drink

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

For Kat .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Nope. We can never be holy by our own efforts. The Bible says we miss the mark and die in our trespasses and sins trying. If you are placing your hope in your own efforts, you are hopelessly lost.

God gave His Son , His Son gave His life , He covered our sin , He gives us His Spirit , He's preparing a place for us. All we have to do is faithe ! Pisteuo , a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender !

Surrendering to Him places our life , our will , and our hope in Him.

Your misrepresenting what I'm saying , bit you already know that'. God must be making you do that also ?

MennoSota

then why did Jesus say "if you love Me, keep my commandments"?

You have been avoiding this question.
Read all of John 14. Notice that their eternal destiny is secured by the faith that God gives them. They will do the Father's bidding, the Son's bidding and the Spirit’s bidding. The one who failed was Judas because he tried to be holy by his own efforts.
Also...notice the Trinity in John 14.

John 14:1-31
[1]“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.
[2]There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?
[3]When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.
[4]And you know the way to where I am going.”
[5]“No, we don’t know, Lord,” Thomas said. “We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
[6]Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
[7]If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!”
[8]Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.”
[9]Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you?
[10]Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I speak are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me.
[11]Just believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or at least believe because of the work you have seen me do.
[12]“I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.
[13]You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father.
[14]Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!
[15]“If you love me, obey my commandments.
[16]And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you.
[17]He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.
[18]No, I will not abandon you as orphans—I will come to you.
[19]Soon the world will no longer see me, but you will see me. Since I live, you also will live.
[20]When I am raised to life again, you will know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
[21]Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”
[22]Judas (not Judas Iscariot, but the other disciple with that name) said to him, “Lord, why are you going to reveal yourself only to us and not to the world at large?”
[23]Jesus replied, “All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them.
[24]Anyone who doesn’t love me will not obey me. And remember, my words are not my own. What I am telling you is from the Father who sent me.
[25]I am telling you these things now while I am still with you.
[26]But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you.
[27]“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
[28]Remember what I told you: I am going away, but I will come back to you again. If you really loved me, you would be happy that I am going to the Father, who is greater than I am.
[29]I have told you these things before they happen so that when they do happen, you will believe.
[30]“I don’t have much more time to talk to you, because the ruler of this world approaches. He has no power over me,
[31]but I will do what the Father requires of me, so that the world will know that I love the Father. Come, let’s be going.

MennoSota

God gave His Son , His Son gave His life , He covered our sin , He gives us His Spirit , He's preparing a place for us. All we have to do is faithe ! Pisteuo , a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender !

Surrendering to Him places our life , our will , and our hope in Him.

Your misrepresenting what I'm saying , bit you already know that'. God must be making you do that also ?

Humans will never personally surrender to God. It goes against their nature.
Out of curiosity, what verse do you use where God says "You must personally surrender to me or I won't save you."?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Read all of John 14. Notice that their eternal destiny is secured by the faith that God gives them. They will do the Father's bidding, the Son's bidding and the Spirit’s bidding. The one who failed was Judas because he tried to be holy by his own efforts.
Also...notice the Trinity in John 14.

John 14:1-31
[1]“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.
[2]There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?
[3]When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.
[4]And you know the way to where I am going.”
[5]“No, we don’t know, Lord,” Thomas said. “We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
[6]Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
[7]If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!”
[8]Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.”
[9]Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you?
[10]Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I speak are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me.
[11]Just believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or at least believe because of the work you have seen me do.
[12]“I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.
[13]You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father.
[14]Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!
[15]“If you love me, obey my commandments.
[16]And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you.
[17]He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.
[18]No, I will not abandon you as orphans—I will come to you.
[19]Soon the world will no longer see me, but you will see me. Since I live, you also will live.
[20]When I am raised to life again, you will know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
[21]Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”
[22]Judas (not Judas Iscariot, but the other disciple with that name) said to him, “Lord, why are you going to reveal yourself only to us and not to the world at large?”
[23]Jesus replied, “All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them.
[24]Anyone who doesn’t love me will not obey me. And remember, my words are not my own. What I am telling you is from the Father who sent me.
[25]I am telling you these things now while I am still with you.
[26]But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you.
[27]“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
[28]Remember what I told you: I am going away, but I will come back to you again. If you really loved me, you would be happy that I am going to the Father, who is greater than I am.
[29]I have told you these things before they happen so that when they do happen, you will believe.
[30]“I don’t have much more time to talk to you, because the ruler of this world approaches. He has no power over me,
[31]but I will do what the Father requires of me, so that the world will know that I love the Father. Come, let’s be going.

Lengthy post but you still cannot explain why Jesus said "if you love Me, keep my commandments."