ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Faither

BANNED
Banned
You get everything wrong...because you want to pervert the truth.

I am saved by the faith of Christ. It his allegiance to his duty, not mine. That is what "saved" means. Having believed, I was sealed by the Holy Spirit and baptised into Christ. I have moved from death to life. He will not undo this. He cannot deny himself. I am in him, that is what the Body of Christ is.

Now , was that so hard to do? 3 weeks and all of those personal attacks when all you had to do is answer the question.

Now you can see for yourself that your understanding is different than the defined word "pisteuo" in the Greek texts and dictionary. Thats good right! Now you can move forward with a better understanding. Thats all i was trying to accomplish here. You could have saved a lot of aggravation if you had just given this answer in the beginning of the thread instead of me having to corner you multiple times.

I'm not reading your posts on this thread anymore, along with about 10 others. so if you want additional information PM me, or stop that personal attacks, your choice.

Danoh

I am saved by the faith of Christ. It his allegiance to his duty, not mine. That is what "saved" means. Having believed, I was sealed by the Holy Spirit and baptised into Christ. I have moved from death to life. He will not undo this. He cannot deny himself. I am in him, that is what the Body of Christ is.

(tongue in cheek) Well, Nick, that's it for you.

Consider yourself barred from membership in "Faither's" club.

You just had to rest in the ACTUAL truth of the matter - in "not I, but the faith OF Christ" didn't you?

Very well, Nick, turn in your dictionaries on your way out; you'll get them back when you learn to read them into the Scripture rather than in light of "Nevertheless, what saith the Scripture?" Gal. 4:30.

You are not, a "Faither."

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"You can't claim to obey Paul because you're not a member of any specific audience he wrote to. But I obey Jesus because I obey Jesus, and you don't."

Please, someone ban the walking stupidity that is GT.

Are you a member of any specific audience Jesus spoke to?

According to Grosnick the madist, the gospels were only for the Jews.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post

2Ti 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Heb 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

You have been deceived by Madism.

The Body of Christ is the Bride of Christ, not the actual body of the man Himself.

Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

You should believe Paul.

LA

Danoh

Are you a member of any specific audience Jesus spoke to?

According to Grosnick the madist, the gospels were only for the Jews.

LA

I'm sure what Grosnick means is that those parts of Scripture that concern the nation Israel and or its' believing remnant, are to, for, and about them.

Do you follow Matthew 8's animal sacrifice system?

That chapter also talks about the need to attempt to make peace with one's fellow believer.

I doubt Grosnick, or any other "MADist, for that matter, would assert "well, that's also not for us."

Obviously, the protocols, etc., differ in each system - in Israel's Prophesied Grace in contrast to the Body's Mystery, or UnProphesied, Grace.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
LA, Do you accept the definitions of "pisteuo", I've copied out of the Greek dictionaries, via the NT Greek texts?

glorydaz

That is not in the Bible, no such teaching.

The Pharisees did not obey. Jesus says they did not.

They kept the letter of the law, as you claim you do, but that won't save you any more than it did them. Anymore than it did Saul (Paul) when he was a Pharisee and blameless under the law.

Philippians 3:5-7
5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; 6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. 7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.​

Faither

BANNED
Banned
English mistranslation of the Greek word "pisteuo".

Romans 10:4

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that "believeth" (mistranslation) ."

Corrected English translation of the Greek word "pisteuo."

Romans 10:4

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that "surrenders their lives to Him." (pisteuo)

Pisteuo was mistranslated into the English texts, because the English language has no verb form of the word "faith", Pistis in the Greek.

Pistis is a noun, "Faith" in English. Pisteuo is the cooresponing verb to pistis. The English should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe available to the translators. But those words are not in the English language so they were forced to use the words believe, believer, and believing. These English words the translators were forced to use do not define "pisteuo" , not even close.

A verb is an act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. So the mistranslated words believe, believer, and believing, don't even satisfy the definition of a verb much less the precise word pisteuo.

Pisteuo being a verb also describes the specific act, based on a specific belief, and sustained by a specific kind of confidence.

This is why the Vines Greek definition is the exact, precise definition of this word 'pisteuo used 248 times through out the NT.

That definition is: "A personal surrender to Him". " And a life inspired by such surrender."

This definition defines the specific action of what saving faith is. It starts the relationship, it maintains the relationship, and completes the relationship here on earth.
This is the only way one can be in Christ. There is no such thing as "believing."

No half measures!

glorydaz

There's no such thing as "believing ".

Of course there is. There is believing with one's mind and believing with one's heart.

Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.​

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Isn't it wonderfull that once we have surrendered our lives to Him and He, His Word ,and His spirit are ours, He is faithful to us.

But if we've never surrendered our lives to Him, He isn't ours, His Spirit isn't ours, and His Word including the Scripture you just posted is not ours either. So lets keep things in the right context.

Again, Pisteuo starts outside of Him, His Spirit, and His Word. Starting any other way Than"surrendering our life to Him" is being on a false path.

What do you do to surrender your life to Christ daily ?

Right Divider

Body part
Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say.
Once again (I have to say that all of the time, because apparently your are quite dense), your REPLY did NOT match the TEXT that you QUOTED from me.

You have a problem believing even the simplest verse of scripture.

God's Truth

They kept the letter of the law, as you claim you do, but that won't save you any more than it did them. Anymore than it did Saul (Paul) when he was a Pharisee and blameless under the law.

Philippians 3:5-7
5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; 6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. 7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.​

6 as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for righteousness based on the law, faultless

The righteousness Paul is speaking about comes from the ceremonial/purification regulations.

The Pharisees and teachers of the law were among the cut off Jews because they did not obey the other things of God.

Matthew 23:3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.

glorydaz

Isn't it wonderfull that once we have surrendered our lives to Him and He, His Word ,and His spirit are ours, He is faithful to us.

But if we've never surrendered our lives to Him, He isn't ours, His Spirit isn't ours, and His Word including the Scripture you just posted is not ours either. So lets keep things in the right context.

Again, Pisteuo starts outside of Him, His Spirit, and His Word. Starting any other way Than"surrendering our life to Him" is being on a false path.
Then you are focusing on self-effort....what we do. That's not right. It's God who gives us the desire (the will) to do His good pleasure. That happens when we are persuaded by the Gospel....when we are persuaded (convinced).

It cannot be reliant on our "surrender" because HE performs the change in our heart...not us. We only surrender a little at a time, and we often refuse to surrender over some particular issue. The point is that HE is faithful even when we are not. We are in the process of being conformed into His image....and it's often while we're dragging our feet all the way.

God's Truth

Those books are written to people LIKE me, whereas James is clearly NOT written TO me since it's written TO the TWELVE TRIBES.

It that hard to understand?

The whole Bible is about ONE THING, and that is to believe and OBEY God.

Paul did not preach different gospel than the one Jesus taught while on earth.

Paul just got to be the one that preached to all the other nations.

What happened when Jesus died on the cross? What happened is that he shed his blood for the NEW Covenant.

Everything Jesus taught while on the earth were the rules for the new covenant.

Since the earthy temple was still standing, the rules to enter it still were in force by the Pharisees and teachers of the law; however, Jesus said it would be destroyed, and when it was, there was no way anyone could enforce it anymore.

It does not mean there were different gospels.

Jesus taught believe, as did Paul!

What makes you think Paul saying believe excluded obey?

Jesus and Paul taught believe and obey. Paul taught what Jesus taught.

glorydaz

6 as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for righteousness based on the law, faultless

The righteousness Paul is speaking about comes from the ceremonial/purification regulations.

The Pharisees and teachers of the law were among the cut off Jews because they did not obey the other things of God.

Matthew 23:3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.

That's because, like you, they did not practice what they preached. You preach obedience to the law but you show us with every post that you're a hypocrite....filled with pride in your own "righteousness". The righteousness of the law is ALWAYS that way. The law was never intended to make men holy. It was never intended to justify. It was never intended to give life. Yet, you preach it just as all hypocrites do. But, their white wash (nor your white wash) can cover up the dead bones within. It's there. We see it. It's PRIDE in your own obedience. It's pride in your own doings. It's pride in your understanding. It smells of sulfur ....put it off.

God's Truth

That's because, like you, they did not practice what they preached. You preach obedience to the law but you show us with every post that you're a hypocrite....filled with pride in your own "righteousness". The righteousness of the law is ALWAYS that way. The law was never intended to make men holy.

There is a new law.

It is called the law of the Spirit.

Romans 8:2
because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

It is called the law of Christ.

1 Corinthians 9:21
To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law.

It was never intended to justify.

The ceremonial/purification regulations did justify the people for a while; but when Jesus came, and died, it was no longer by those old regulations.

Jesus is the Lamb's blood that cleans; instead of the lamb the priests sacrificed day after day.

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

It was never intended to give life. Yet, you preach it just as all hypocrites do.

It was a required by God. Do you dare not obey God?

Hebrews 9:22 In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

23 Therefore it was necessary for the copies of the things in the heavens to be cleansed with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

The scriptures say the blood cleansed.

But, their white wash (nor your white wash) can cover up the dead bones within. It's there. We see it. It's PRIDE in your own obedience. It's pride in your own doings. It's pride in your understanding. It smells of sulfur ....put it off.

It is not shameful to obey God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's because, like you, they did not practice what they preached. You preach obedience to the law but you show us with every post that you're a hypocrite....filled with pride in your own "righteousness". The righteousness of the law is ALWAYS that way. The law was never intended to make men holy. It was never intended to justify. It was never intended to give life. Yet, you preach it just as all hypocrites do. But, their white wash (nor your white wash) can cover up the dead bones within. It's there. We see it. It's PRIDE in your own obedience. It's pride in your own doings. It's pride in your understanding. It smells of sulfur ....put it off.

You lie.

LA

Faither

BANNED
Banned
English mistranslations of the Greek word "pisteuo".

Romans 10:9-11

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt "believe" (mistranslation) in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved . 10 For with the heart man "believeth" (mistranslation) unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith , Whosoever "believeth" (mistranslation) on him shall not be ashamed .

Corrected English translations of the Greek word "pisteuo".

Romans 10:9-11

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt "commit theirs lives to Him" (pisteuo) in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved . 10 For with the heart man "commits his life to Him" (pisteuo) unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith , Whosoever "surrenders their life to Him" (pisteuo) shall not be ashamed ."

Pisteuo was mistranslated into the English texts, because the English language has no verb form of the word "faith", Pistis in the Greek.

Pistis is a noun, "Faith" in English. Pisteuo is the cooresponing verb to pistis. The English should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe available to the translators. But those words are not in the English language so they were forced to use the words believe, believer, and believing. These English words the translators were forced to use do not define "pisteuo" , not even close.

A verb is an act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. So the mistranslated words believe, believer, and believing, don't even satisfy the definition of a verb much less the precise word pisteuo.

Pisteuo being a verb also describes the specific act, based on a specific belief, and sustained by a specific kind of confidence.

This is why the Vines Greek definition is the exact, precise definition of this word 'pisteuo used 248 times through out the NT.

That definition is: "A personal surrender to Him". " And a life inspired by such surrender."

This definition defines the specific action of what saving faith is. It starts the relationship, it maintains the relationship, and completes the relationship here on earth.
This is the only way one can be in Christ. There is no such thing as "believing."

Half measures avail nothing!