ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I've been told there are some "hall of fame" TOL members that might have some insight to offer regarding the mistranslation of "pisteuo" into the English texts. If your out there, i invite you to come in and have a discussion. But only if your serious about the topic, please.

Bumped for hall of famed TOL members.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What about you LA? Do you accept the definitions of Pisteuo if posted out of the strongs and Vines?

Luk 19:11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
Luk 19:12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
Luk 19:13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
Luk 19:14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
Luk 19:15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
Luk 19:16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
Luk 19:17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
Luk 19:18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
Luk 19:19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
Luk 19:20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
Luk 19:21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
Luk 19:22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
Luk 19:23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
Luk 19:24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.
Luk 19:25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)
Luk 19:26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
Luk 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
What about you LA? Do you accept the definitions of Pisteuo if posted out of the strongs and Vines?

Luk 19:11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
Luk 19:12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
Luk 19:13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
Luk 19:14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
Luk 19:15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
Luk 19:16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
Luk 19:17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
Luk 19:18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
Luk 19:19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
Luk 19:20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
Luk 19:21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
Luk 19:22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
Luk 19:23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
Luk 19:24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.
Luk 19:25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)
Luk 19:26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
Luk 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

LA, in need to read "your" epistle. What is "your" understanding of pisteuo and the definitions i've posted.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
English mistranslation of the Greek word "pisteuo".

Romans 9:33

"As it is written , Behold , I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever "believeth" (mistranslation) on him shall not be ashamed ."

English corrected translation of the Greek word "pisteuo."

"As it is written , Behold , I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever "surrenders their life to him" (pisteuo) shall not be ashamed" .

Pisteuo was mistranslated into the English texts, because the English language has no verb form of the word "faith", Pistis in the Greek.

Pistis is a noun, "Faith" in English. Pisteuo is the cooresponing verb to pistis. The English should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe available to the translators. But those words are not in the English language so they were forced to use the words believe, believer, and believing. These English words the translators were forced to use do not define "pisteuo" , not even close.

A verb is an act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. So the mistranslated words believe, believer, and believing, don't even satisfy the definition of a verb much less the precise word pisteuo.

Pisteuo being a verb also describes the specific act, based on a specific belief, and sustained by a specific kind of confidence.

This is why the Vines Greek definition is the exact, precise definition of this word 'pisteuo used 248 times through out the NT.

That definition is: "A personal surrender to Him". " And a life inspired by such surrender."

This definition defines the specific action of what saving faith is. It starts the relationship, it maintains the relationship, and completes the relationship here on earth.

God's Truth

"You can't claim to obey Paul because you're not a member of any specific audience he wrote to. But I obey Jesus because I obey Jesus, and you don't."

Please, someone ban the walking stupidity that is GT.

THAT is the reason Right Divider GAVE for not obeying James.

God's Truth

Those books are written to people LIKE me, whereas James is clearly NOT written TO me since it's written TO the TWELVE TRIBES.

It that hard to understand?

Give the scriptures where God shows a differential teaching in James and speaks differently to them because they are not like you.

God's Truth

GT, you are trying to live in the WRONG dispensation. You constantly quote the WRONG scripture because of that fact.

Eph 1:13-14 (KJV)
(1:13) In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, (1:14) Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

THIS is how WE receive the Spirit in THIS dispensation. Come join us.

I have a powerful testimony, Jesus Christ himself saved me.

I have the Holy Spirit.

Right Divider

Body part
I have a powerful testimony, Jesus Christ himself saved me.

I have the Holy Spirit.
I see that you're with the I, I, I, I again.

I showed you a scripture that CLEARLY shows that receiving the Spirit is by FAITH and not obedience.

We should be obedient (as should everyone that ever lived), but it's NOT basis of RECEIVING GOD'S GRACE in this dispensation of grace.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

"As it is written , Behold , I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever "believeth" (mistranslation) on him shall not be ashamed ."

"As it is written , Behold , I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever "surrenders their life to him" (pisteuo) shall not be ashamed" .

Pisteuo was mistranslated into the English texts, because the English language has no verb form of the word "faith", Pistis in the Greek.

Pistis is a noun, "Faith" in English. Pisteuo is the cooresponing verb to pistis. The English should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe available to the translators. But those words are not in the English language so they were forced to use the words believe, believer, and believing. These English words the translators were forced to use do not define "pisteuo" , not even close.

A verb is an act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. So the mistranslated words believe, believer, and believing, don't even satisfy the definition of a verb much less the precise word pisteuo.

Pisteuo being a verb also describes the specific act, based on a specific belief, and sustained by a specific kind of confidence.

This is why the Vines Greek definition is the exact, precise definition of this word 'pisteuo used 248 times through out the NT.

That definition is: "A personal surrender to Him". " And a life inspired by such surrender."

This definition defines the specific action of what saving faith is. It starts the relationship, it maintains the relationship, and completes the relationship here on earth.

This the only way one can be in Christ. There's no such thing as "believing ".

Faither

BANNED
Banned

This is the only way one can be in Christ. There is no such thing as "believing."

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Romans 10:4

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that "believeth" (mistranslation) ."

Corrected English translation of the Greek word "pisteuo."

Romans 10:4

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that "surrenders their lives to Him." (pisteuo)

This is the only way one can be in Christ. There is no such thing as "believing."

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
2 Timothy 2

13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself

Faither

BANNED
Banned
2 Timothy 2

13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself

Isn't it wonderfull that once we have surrendered our lives to Him and He, His Word ,and His spirit are ours, He is faithful to us.

But if we've never surrendered our lives to Him, He isn't ours, His Spirit isn't ours, and His Word including the Scripture you just posted is not ours either. So lets keep things in the right context.

Again, Pisteuo starts outside of Him, His Spirit, and His Word. Starting any other way Than"surrendering our life to Him" is being on a false path.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You get everything wrong...because you want to pervert the truth.

I am saved by the faith of Christ. It his allegiance to his duty, not mine. That is what "saved" means. Having believed, I was sealed by the Holy Spirit and baptised into Christ. I have moved from death to life. He will not undo this. He cannot deny himself. I am in him, that is what the Body of Christ is.