ECT "Pillar of Fire, Pillar of Truth" - The Catholic Church

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build My church

He says nothing about Peter being His vicar, pontiff, head of the church, holy father, infallible. He says nothing about successors.

How can a rock be the head?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Ignatias founded the Catholic church when he declared that the bishop was to be regarded as Christ....whether or not the bishop followed Christ or not.

It was a usurpation of Christ as Head of His body the church

Ignatias founded the Catholic church when he declared that the bishop was to be regarded as Christ....whether or not the bishop followed Christ or not.

It was a usurpation of Christ as Head of His body the church

John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

HisServant

If it were the true church, it would understand that doctrinal and tradition development actually invalidates its authority instead of enhancing it.

Being that we are called to hold steadfast as witnesses for Christ, we are not at liberty to embellish our witness with the fantasies of mankind, otherwise it is diluted and of no use.

Both Catholic and Protestants seem to have failed in this respect... they build their own doctrinal castles for their own glory and forget why Christ calls us in the first place.

Danoh

Correctamundo, Mayor. A pillar merely supports; the church, the pillar, which is comprised of respective, fallible members of the body of Christ, including you, and I, not some mystical/infallible bunch of clowns, in Bozo attire, "The Magesterium," supports the already existing, objective truth, as contained in the word of God, which "is true from the beginning"(Psalms 119:160 KJV).

Our much loved JohnW fallible - say it ain't so!

It - it - it - just CAN'T be!!!

:chuckle:

musterion

saint john w the great wears a brown scapular, so he's safe.

Due to our loving Vicar's exhortation to ask sodomites to forgive us, I'm gonna get me one of them rainbow scapulars. That's gotta count for a few more Get Out of Purgatory points, don't you think?

SaulToPaul 2

Due to our loving Vicar's exhortation to ask sodomites to forgive us, I'm gonna get me one of them rainbow scapulars. That's gotta count for a few more Get Out of Purgatory points, don't you think?

I don't think it will hurt your chances. But you should chant a few extra decades just in case.

musterion

Did Peter have a fish hat? The biblical record seems spotty on that; perhaps we can infer something from the Vulgate.

SaulToPaul 2

Did Peter have a fish hat? The biblical record seems spotty on that; perhaps we can infer something from the Vulgate.

I always assumed that Saint Peter fashioned the fish hat after saying this,

John 21
3 Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee. They went forth, and entered into a ship immediately; and that night they caught nothing.

On a side note, I wore a paper fish hat when I bussed tables at a seafood restaurant in the 80s.