Ph.D in Pot & the G.H.W. Bush Legacy

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
49124971_10156820908019920_8059813075076775936_n.jpg

WizardofOz

Many users prefer medical marijuana over prescription drugs

As more states legalize cannabis consumption, many more people will likely use medical marijuana as a supplement to or substitution for prescription drugs, says a University of Michigan researcher.

A new study by Daniel Kruger of the U-M Institute for Social Research found that 44 percent of medical cannabis users stopped taking a pharmaceutical drug, or used less of one, or both, in favor of cannabis.

Kruger and co-author Jessica Kruger, a clinical assistant professor at the University of Buffalo, conducted the study to assess attitudes and use of medical cannabis and the mainstream health care system—described as either a doctor or hospital—among marijuana users.

From the 392 usable responses, the majority (78 percent) reported using marijuana to help treat a medical or health condition. Users also had more trust in medical cannabis compared to mainstream health care, in part, because they rated marijuana better than pharmaceutical drugs on effectiveness, side effects, availability and cost.

“This study advances knowledge in the evidence-based approach to harm reduction and benefit promotion regarding medical cannabis,” said Daniel Kruger, a member of the U-M Institute for Healthcare Policy and Innovation. “Given the growing use of cannabis for medical purposes and the widespread use for recreation purposes despite criminalization, the current public health framework focusing primarily on cannabis abstinence appears obsolete.”

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This study advances knowledge in the evidence-based approach to harm reduction and benefit promotion regarding medical cannabis.

And how many of these potheads will be using the non-THC products? A solitary percent?

As has been explained, the "medical" argument is simply camouflage so potheads can justify getting stoned.

WizardofOz

And how many of these potheads will be using the non-THC products? A solitary percent?

This had nothing to do with the study.

As has been explained, the "medical" argument is simply camouflage so potheads can justify getting stoned.

Better for them and for society than getting hooked on opioids. That's kinda the point of the study.

You're just stuck in repeat mode. Getting people off harmful drugs in favor of less harmful drugs is a good thing, medically and otherwise.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This had nothing to do with the study.
Of course not.

Better for them and for society than getting hooked on opioids. That's kinda the point of the study.
Yep.

You're just stuck in repeat mode.
Funny. I've heard all your points before from you as well.

Getting people off harmful drugs in favor of less harmful drugs is a good thing, medically and otherwise.

Right. No THC is better. :up:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Everyone looks out their own window.
I stand at my own window with Jesus.
I know God has already won.
I know that God in Genesis pronounced his creation “good”--at least twice.

“I saw Satan fall like lightning from Heaven.”
--Luke 10:18

OK DOSER, If you trust in the God of Jesus, you will have no fear.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I don’t smoke at all.
Check your mind-reading skills as well as your ability to guess at my motives.

If you have a question, just ASK.

way 2 go

As far as mankind using any seed bearing plant, I don't see where GOD has forbidden any of them.
But we do see where GOD said that HE has given every seed bearing plant to mankind.
Genesis 1:29 KJV
(29) And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.​

It is my opinion that no group of men should prohibit them from others when GOD does not.
It is a plant like most any other in that it can beneficial or harmful depending on how it is used or consumed.

One should be arrested if one commits a crime against another, but partaking of a seed bearing plant is not a crime in GOD's eye, so why would a Christian decide it is?
https://kgov.com/negative-effects-of-marijuana-pot-research-shows-cannabis-is-harmful

2018 study: Half of all first-time patients admitted for drug treatment worldwide are for cannabis, which therefore is even more than for heroin and cocaine combined, according to Psychological Medicine.

2017 study: Violence was two-and-a-half-times more likely from pot-smokers discharged from psychiatric hospitals than from others. Canadian researchers studying U.S. patients ruled out other possible explanations such as alcohol contribution or that perhaps "violent people use cannabis", published in Frontiers in Psychiatry.

• Cannabis users more likely to commit violent crimes, research has shown
  • Study found there was a ‘more constant relationship’ between cannabis and violence than between alcohol or cocaine use and violence

Rev 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

sorceries =
φαρμακεία
pharmakeia
far-mak-i'-ah
From G5332; medication (“pharmacy”),

WizardofOz

I don’t smoke at all.
Check your mind-reading skills as well as your ability to guess at my motives.

If you have a question, just ASK.

You see, if you defend CBD oil or are in favor of research so that children suffering from seizures can find a drug that works or prefer people use marijuana as opposed to opioids, it just means you are a pothead trying to justify getting stoned.