People Don't Care What I'm Saying

Danoh

excuse me
but
I have to deal with stupid

No you don't - it was YOUR choice to post on this thread.

Thus, if you are, as YOU labeled it, dealing with "stupid," all that is, is a reflection on you.

Cure for that? Pause a moment and ask yourself "this judgment that I am about to hurl at another; when have I been like that?"

If that doesn't work, then be honest with yourself and obey Eph. 4:30 by focusing on seeing yourself as He saw you when you least deserved to be seen that way.

Then, out of gratitude for that, thank Him by obeying that passage in His memory.

Can you do that; can you make Him the issue?

The best to you in that...

Danoh

I've become accustomed to it now. I am constantly being interrupted when I'm speaking. It's not that I'm not smart. [I have an IQ just a little below Einstein's] I don't stutter, but I do talk a bit slower, measuring the words I'm using as I speak without pause. My wife interrupts me, people I work with, etc. Only my dogs give me undivided attention while I speak. People seem more interested in what they're going to say than what I'm saying. Dogs on the other hand, hang on every word I say.

I met a wonderful young rescue dog yesterday. An Australian Shepard mix with blue eyes. The only time he broke contact with me was when there were dogs barking on TV. As soon as they stopped, I had his undivided attention again. If I didn't already have three dogs, I would take him in a New York minute. The lady who's fostering him said he was abandoned in a ditch along side a road. She was making sure he got all his shots and was well-trained before placing him in a good home.

I support the death penalty to everyone who harms a dog. They are a gift from God and deserve better owners/foster parents. I guess that's un-Christian of me but that's how I feel. :dog:

Yeah, dogs are something else - really great creatures.

Sort of like what the Lord said about children as to their heart - "of such is the kingdom."

Only, for some wonderful reason, dogs don't out grow that.

Scripture asserts that one day all animals will be that loving.

I don't own a dog at this present time. My neighbor upstairs does. Its a joy to me every time he is near our block on his way home and his dog upstairs starts to act like its its birthday and someone's just about to show up with a present.

That's something - a dog responds as if one is the gift they, the dog is.

Of course, the right people are just as loving, just as heart warming.

Its just that some people allow themselves to grow cold and next thing you know, that is their "normal."

I remember once I was in a bookstore near the children's section and all these children were being, well, children, loud and all that.

I found myself irritated. But I like to examine how I end up at my state of mind and what I might focus on towards a better state when I find myself not in one.

Sure enough I found a better state. I looked over at those children and thought 'have I gotten that much like others here, annoyed by the sounds of children? And I just looked over at them; thinking ' just a few years ago they were not even on this planet... here they are now; all that wonderous joy of their; their precious little souls tickled by their every discovery - that's their noise - their expression of their joy..."

I found myself so moved by that. And from then on their "noise" rather than bother me, caused me great joy, each time they did their thing - be children.

We lose that. So much so that we conclude we are reacting to others when in reality, we are actually reacting to our own projection.

That is how we end up being able to assert others are stupid or what have you. That is the source of our cruelty to such defenseless creatures.

The Apostle Paul was right I can be "all that," and yet, if I have not charity, I am nothing.

As for people cutting you off when you speak.

Just look for ways to build into what you are about to say what they will probably cut you off with.

The best to you...

Yeah, dogs are something else - really great creatures.

Sort of like what the Lord said about children as to their heart - "of such is the kingdom."

Only, for some wonderful reason, dogs don't out grow that.

Scripture asserts that one day all animals will be that loving.

I don't own a dog at this present time. My neighbor upstairs does. Its a joy to me every time he is near our block on his way home and his dog upstairs starts to act like its its birthday and someone's just about to show up with a present.

That's something - a dog responds as if one is the gift they, the dog is.

Of course, the right people are just as loving, just as heart warming.

Its just that some people allow themselves to grow cold and next thing you know, that is their "normal."

I remember once I was in a bookstore near the children's section and all these children were being, well, children, loud and all that.

I found myself irritated. But I like to examine how I end up at my state of mind and what I might focus on towards a better state when I find myself not in one.

Sure enough I found a better state. I looked over at those children and thought 'have I gotten that much like others here, annoyed by the sounds of children? And I just looked over at them; thinking ' just a few years ago they were not even on this planet... here they are now; all that wonderous joy of their; their precious little souls tickled by their every discovery - that's their noise - their expression of their joy..."

I found myself so moved by that. And from then on their "noise" rather than bother me, caused me great joy, each time they did their thing - be children.

We lose that. So much so that we conclude we are reacting to others when in reality, we are actually reacting to our own projection.

That is how we end up being able to assert others are stupid or what have you. That is the source of our cruelty to such defenseless creatures.

The Apostle Paul was right I can be "all that," and yet, if I have not charity, I am nothing.

As for people cutting you off when you speak.

Just look for ways to build into what you are about to say what they will probably cut you off with.

The best to you...
Thank you.