People Don't Care What I'm Saying

I've become accustomed to it now. I am constantly being interrupted when I'm speaking. It's not that I'm not smart. [I have an IQ just a little below Einstein's] I don't stutter, but I do talk a bit slower, measuring the words I'm using as I speak without pause. My wife interrupts me, people I work with, etc. Only my dogs give me undivided attention while I speak. People seem more interested in what they're going to say than what I'm saying. Dogs on the other hand, hang on every word I say.

I met a wonderful young rescue dog yesterday. An Australian Shepard mix with blue eyes. The only time he broke contact with me was when there were dogs barking on TV. As soon as they stopped, I had his undivided attention again. If I didn't already have three dogs, I would take him in a New York minute. The lady who's fostering him said he was abandoned in a ditch along side a road. She was making sure he got all his shots and was well-trained before placing him in a good home.

I support the death penalty to everyone who harms a dog. They are a gift from God and deserve better owners/foster parents. I guess that's un-Christian of me but that's how I feel. :dog:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I've become accustomed to it now. I am constantly being interrupted "do people interrupt you mid sentence?" when I'm speaking. It's not that I'm not smart. [I have an IQ just a little below Einstein's] "I do not know Einstein's IQ" I don't stutter, but I do talk a bit slower, measuring the words I'm using "ah! maybe that is the problem" as I speak without pause. My wife interrupts me, people I work with, etc. Only my dogs give me undivided attention "you have my undivided attention" while I speak. People seem more interested in what they're going to say than what I'm saying. Dogs on the other hand, hang on "they are hoping for a sweetie"! every word I say.

I met a wonderful young rescue dog yesterday. An Australian Shepard mix with blue eyes. The only time he broke contact with me was when there were dogs barking on TV. As soon as they stopped, I had his undivided attention again. If I didn't already have three dogs, I would take him in a New York minute. The lady who's fostering him said he was abandoned in a ditch along side a road. She was making sure he got all his shots and was well-trained before placing him in a good home.

I support the death penalty to everyone who harms a dog. They are a gift from God and deserve better owners/foster parents. I guess that's un-Christian of me but that's how I feel. :dog:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
you may not be making sense
if
they don't care what you say

your dogs don't care if you make sense
as long as you take care of them

start listening to what others are saying
and
try to make sense of it

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I met a wonderful young rescue dog yesterday. An Australian Shepard mix with blue eyes. The only time he broke contact with me was when there were dogs barking on TV. As soon as they stopped, I had his undivided attention again. If I didn't already have three dogs, I would take him in a New York minute.

My lil' guy (scroll down). :cloud9:

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've become accustomed to it now. I am constantly being interrupted when I'm speaking. It's not that I'm not smart. [I have an IQ just a little below Einstein's] I don't stutter, but I do talk a bit slower, measuring the words I'm using as I speak without pause. My wife interrupts me, people I work with, etc. Only my dogs give me undivided attention while I speak. People seem more interested in what they're going to say than what I'm saying. Dogs on the other hand, hang on every word I say.

As a fellow dog owner, I pretty much agree. Hating and abusing dogs (or any animal) tells you all you need to know about someone.

As a fellow dog owner, I pretty much agree. Hating and abusing dogs (or any animal) tells you all you need to know about someone.
My niece strangled a cat when she was growing up, and my father drowned some kittens as a boy. I just can't understand what makes people do the things they do.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My niece strangled a cat when she was growing up, and my father drowned some kittens as a boy. I just can't understand what makes people do the things they do.

That's scary. How are they with animals now that they are adults?

you may not be making sense
if
they don't care what you say

your dogs don't care if you make sense
as long as you take care of them

start listening to what others are saying
and
try to make sense of it
You write nothing worth reading, so I might as well put you on Ignore. Done.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
do you care
if
your dog is bothering your neighbor?

we are supposed to love our neighbor

He never said anything about dogs

That's scary. How are they with animals now that they are adults?
Well my father is dead now. For a mild-mannered person he did some things I would never do. When I was growing up, our dog was barking at some people on the sidewalk, he kicked her and she bit him, and my father forced my mother to get rid of it. It was a small terrier mix from the Humane Society. Some people wanted to adopt it, but my mother insisted that the dog was to be put down.

As for my niece, she doesn't remember strangling the small cat (kitten really) and she seems okay around pets, as far as I know.

I left my nephew walk my Sheltie at my mother-in-laws farm some years back. He was out of my sight for no more than 5 minutes but something must have happened. My Sheltie wanted up on my lap to hold him which I was more than happy to do. The next holiday when we were at my mother-in-laws farm again, my Sheltie was sitting on my lap. When my nephew came in, my Sheltie sprang to attack him. The only way I could stop him was I had a good hold on his collar. It was a year later, when I saw my nephew again. And again my Sheltie went after him again. I don't know what my nephew did, but my Sheltie didn't forget and he's the only person my Sheltie ever didn't get along with.

My wife and I are products of strange families.