Paul did not write Hebrews; we do not know who did

Hoping

Banned
How can He be a new creature when He wasn't a creature to begin with Hoping. Don't you remember your creed? "Begotten not made."
Jesus now has a glorified body.
That constitutes a new creature to me.
Just as we are made new creatures after our death and burial with Christ at our water baptism into Him. (Rom 6:3)
We and Jesus both walk in newness of life. (Rom 6:4)

Right Divider

Body part
Indeed, you have an opinion.
Just as we are made new creatures after our death and burial with Christ at our water baptism into Him. (Rom 6:3)
There is NO water in Romans 6. That is your opinion attempting to force scripture to say what it does NOT say.
So Jesus is saved by grace through faith? Your theories are horrible and bordering on blasphemous.

From the language that Paul uses, it is clear that sin is possible for the believer AND that it should be avoided.

Rom 6:12-14 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:12) Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. (6:13) Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God. (6:14) For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Clearly, Paul is NOT talking to sinless believers. Your theory is wrong and dangerous.

Hoping

Banned
Why do you think that He's not?
He ascended into the clouds as a Jewish male. Scripture says that He will return "in like manner" (Acts 1:11).
Good, I am glad you can see that "Jewish" doesn't mean "not in the body of Christ".
That is some convoluted thinking
It doesn't need to be.
Because that's what the Bible says.
So the Jewish Jesus, in whom we are "in", is not Jewish anymore...but will return as a Jewish man.
That is some convoluted thinking.
Silly stuff again.
It is written..."Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:" (Co 1:13)
I salute a new Leader now.

Hoping

Banned
Indeed, you have an opinion.
Indeed.
There is NO water in Romans 6. That is your opinion attempting to force scripture to say what it does NOT say.
Why would they mention water when there was no other kind of baptism being mentioned?
How does the baptism of the Holy Spirt accomplish the burial, or planting, of Rom 6:4-5..."Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:"
So Jesus is saved by grace through faith? Your theories are horrible and bordering on blasphemous.
Why and from what would Jesus need saving?
We will be saved if we are in Him and remain in Him.
From the language that Paul uses, it is clear that sin is possible for the believer AND that it should be avoided.
Rom 6:12-14 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:12) Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. (6:13) Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God. (6:14) For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Clearly, Paul is NOT talking to sinless believers. Your theory is wrong and dangerous.
If you don't let sin in, it can't "reign".
I thank God for Paul's admonissions and exhortations.
They help keep me wary.

Right Divider

Body part
Good, I am glad you can see that "Jewish" doesn't mean "not in the body of Christ".
In the body of Christ there is neither Jew nor Greek. Gal 3:28.
It doesn't need to be.
But yours is.
So the Jewish Jesus, in whom we are "in", is not Jewish anymore...but will return as a Jewish man.
I believe that you are either stupid or perhaps retarded.
That is some convoluted thinking.
Again, the Bible says that a Jewish man ascended into the clouds and will return IN LIKE MANNER. Is that hard to understand for you?
It is written..."Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:" (Co 1:13)
I salute a new Leader now.
Good for you. It's too bad that you ignore SO MUCH scripture to keep your beliefs into your little corner.

Jesus will be the King of Israel when He returns to establish His kingdom on the earth. BTW, here is where prophecy describe that IN LIKE MANNER return.

Zech 14:1-11 (AKJV/PCE)
(14:1) Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. (14:2) For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. (14:3) Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. (14:4) ¶ And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which [is] before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, [and there shall be] a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. (14:5) And ye shall flee [to] the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, [and] all the saints with thee. (14:6) And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] the light shall not be clear, [nor] dark: (14:7) But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, [that] at evening time it shall be light. (14:8) And it shall be in that day, [that] living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be. (14:9) And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one. (14:10) All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and [from] the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses. (14:11) And [men] shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Why would they mention water when there was no other kind of baptism being mentioned?
As you and I both mentioned, there are MANY kinds of baptisms in the Bible. That one requires NO water.
How does the baptism of the Holy Spirt accomplish the burial, or planting, of Rom 6:4-5..."Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:"
It's sad that you do not know the answer to this.
Why and from what would Jesus need saving?
My point exactly.
We will be saved if we are in Him and remain in Him.
I'm already saved, as are all in the body of Christ. You should join us.
If you don't let sin in, it can't "reign".
That is the point that Paul is making and that you do not understand.
I thank God for Paul's admonissions and exhortations.
And yet you do not understand them.
They help keep me wary.
Why would you be "wary"? You have already claimed to be sinless.

Hoping

Banned
As you and I both mentioned, there are MANY kinds of baptisms in the Bible. That one requires NO water.
So much for your interpretation of "one baptism".
It's sad that you do not know the answer to this.
I do know, but you are illustrating that you don't.
My point exactly.
?
I'm already saved, as are all in the body of Christ. You should join us.
I would, but you disallow the means of my entry into Christ.
And I won't dare usurp the judgement of God by declaring myself anything more than a convert.
That is the point that Paul is making and that you do not understand.
Why do you use it to try and prove a different point?
And yet you do not understand them.
The ones I do understand, keep me walking in the light.
Why would you be "wary"? You have already claimed to be sinless.
The "race" isn't over.

Hoping

Banned
Why do you keep lying?

That is ONE baptism for the BODY OF CHRIST. Since you have no idea what the "body of Christ" is, I can see why you're totally confused.
One done by men and one granted by God.
They are both mentioned in Acts 10 and 19.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Are you even a Trinitarian?

Right Divider

Body part
Agreed, one baptism is mentioned, though he didn't say which one.
I showed you which one. Here it is AGAIN:

1Cor 12:13 (AKJV/PCE)
(12:13) For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Thank you for the exhortation.
You're welcome. You might learn something.

Hoping

Banned
I showed you which one. Here it is AGAIN:

1Cor 12:13 (AKJV/PCE)
(12:13) For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
I rejoice in the fact that the Spirit immersed me into the church of God.
I am also glad that I was water baptized into Christ and into His death and burial.
And I am grateful that water baptism also provided the means of the death of my old man so I could be raised with Christ to walk in newness of life.
Not to mention that water baptism also provided the circumcision done without hands.
You're welcome. You might learn something.
God's precedents give me hope that He will continue to help me grow in grace and knowledge.

Right Divider

Body part
I rejoice in the fact that the Spirit immersed me into the church of God.
Not with water.
I am also glad that I was water baptized into Christ and into His death and burial.
Getting wet did nothing for you.
And I am grateful that water baptism also provided the means of the death of my old man so I could be raised with Christ to walk in newness of life.
Getting wet did nothing for you.
Not to mention that water baptism also provided the circumcision done without hands.
Confusion reigns with you.
God's precedents give me hope that He will continue to help me grow in grace and knowledge.
Your "knowledge" is confused and often contradictory.