Paul and the Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

clefty

The Holy Spirit is given to those who live by faith, Romans 8:1,2. You can't obey because you are born after Adam, Romans 5:12. The only thing that pleases God is faith in his Son Jesus Christ.

Acts 5:32We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him.”

To who Bobbie? The Holy Spirit is given to who?

And the Law of the Spirit obviously frees us from the law of sin and death as It leads us into remaining obedient to the Law duh

There remains a Law which Paul says we are to establish...

john w

Hall of Fame
You are not able to receive the truth of the scriptures because you are a religious reprobate. Spiritually dead as a rock.

=spammed for the 120th time the last 3 months, which this demon spams to everyone on TOL, as he asserts that he is the only one that preaches justification by faith, on TOL, and the only one that believes the bible, on TOL.

You wicked satan follower.

Leave, TOL, as you threatened you would do, over 50 times, you dementia infested demon.

Robert Pate

Banned
Acts 5:32We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him.”

And the Law of the Spirit obviously frees us from the law of sin and death as It leads us into remaining obedient to the Law duh

There remains a Law which Paul says we are to establish...

You will not find any scripture that was written by Paul that says we must live according to law. The call is to live by the Spirit of Jesus and not according to law, Romans 8:1.

Robert Pate

Banned
John w.

You and the likes of you, have been responsible for running all of the born again Christians off of this Forum, while the moderators have watched and did nothing about it.

Robert Pate

Banned
=spammed for the 120th time the last 3 months, which this demon spams to everyone on TOL, as he asserts that he is the only one that preaches justification by faith, on TOL, and the only one that believes the bible, on TOL.

You wicked satan follower.

Leave, TOL, as you threatened you would do, over 50 times, you dementia infested demon.

"Blessed are you when men shall revile you and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake" Matthew 5:11.

clefty

You will not find any scripture that was written by Paul that says we must live according to law. The call is to live by the Spirit of Jesus and not according to law, Romans 8:1.

So the Spirit calls us to walk NOT in His ways? To NOT keep the Law? LOL

To live LAWLESS?

Does faith make void the Law CERTAINLY NOT...we ESTABLISH the law...

Inspect the fruit know the root...yours is not of the Spirit...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The words law and religion basically mean the same thing. When one is doing the law they are doing their religion. When one is doing their religion they are doing the law.

"Knowing this that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ that we might be justified by the faith of Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified, Gal. 2:16. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin, Rom. 3:20. Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law? Gal. 4:21. For as many as are under the works of the law are under a curse: for it is written cursed is everyone, that does not continue in all things that are written in the book of the law to do them, Gal. 3:10. Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murders of fathers and mothers, for manslayers, 1 Tim.1:9.

Christ has become no effect unto you, whosoever you are justified by the law; you are fallen from grace, Gal. 5:4. Because the law works wrath: for where no law is there is no transgression, Ro. 4:15. But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of the Spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter, Ro. 7:6. For the letter kills , but the spirit gives life, 2 Cor. 3:6.

Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in the ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace, Eph. 2:15. Blotting out the hand writing of ordinances that was against us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross, Col. 2:14. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes, Ro. 10:4. Where is boasting then? it is excluded, by what law? of works? No: but by the law of faith, Ro. 3:27. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law, Ro. 3:28. It is of faith that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not only to that which is of the law, but to that also which is of the seed of Abraham; who is the father of us all, Ro. 4:16."
Thank you Robert Pate. I think that this is your best post yet.

bibleverse2

. . . according to the word of God the law has been abolished for the Christian.

That brought to mind:

Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

comingfrom

BANNED
Banned
The book of James is one of the first books of the New Testament. When James wrote the book he was ignorant of the Gospel and justification by faith. I am sure that he came into a full understand of Paul's Gospel at a later date.

Notice in Galatians 1:12 that James sent men to spy on Peter to see if he was eating with Gentiles. A Jewish no, no. Later on James wanted to circumcise some Gentile believers, Acts 15:1-22.
Thank you Robert.
Interesting to see how you choose which sayings not to keep.

I believe the Lord circumcises us when we are born again.
At least, He did so with me.
So I would that you Gentiles be circumcised too. :)

For we are the circumcision,
which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus,
and have no confidence in the flesh.

Philippians 3:3

comingfrom

BANNED
Banned

Jesus answered and said unto him,
If a man love Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him,
and We will come unto him, and make Our abode with him.

John 14:23

So the Spirit calls us to walk NOT in His ways? To NOT keep the Law? LOL

To live LAWLESS?

For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king;
He will save us.

Isaiah 33:22

The word of God most high is the fountain of wisdom;
and Her ways are everlasting commandments.

Ecclesiasticus 1:5

clefty

John w.

You and the likes of you, have been responsible for running all of the born again Christians off of this Forum, while the moderators have watched and did nothing about it.

Why if the law is abolished at the cross did they ever feel the need to be born again...

clefty

He will save us.

Yup...and indeed...

Sadly there are those that say the Law is abolished no longer needs keeping...and some MAD who feel it was never intended for goyim...

So the above should read “If a jew loves Me...make our abode with jews”

Yup...sad but true...some continue the false witness of jews wishing to slander accusing Stephen and Paul of teaching that Yahushua changed the laws...

Luke happily was clear that THAT was false witness...neither Stephen nor Paul taught that Yahushua changed the law...or else it would have been TRUE witness...but Luke wrote it was FALSE witness...so they didnt teach that the law was changed...

Robert Pate

Banned

He will save us.

Living by the Spirit is far superior than living by laws, rules and religion.

Robert Pate

Banned
Yup...and indeed...

Sadly there are those that say the Law is abolished no longer needs keeping...and some MAD who feel it was never intended for goyim...

So the above should read “If a jew loves Me...make our abode with jews”

Yup...sad but true...some continue the false witness of jews wishing to slander accusing Stephen and Paul of teaching that Yahushua changed the laws...

Luke happily was clear that THAT was false witness...neither Stephen nor Paul taught that Yahushua changed the law...or else it would have been TRUE witness...but Luke wrote it was FALSE witness...so they didnt teach that the law was changed...

If you need laws, rules and religion you must be one of these, 1 Timothy 1:9.

Robert Pate

Banned
Why if the law is abolished at the cross did they ever feel the need to be born again...

The law was abolished at the cross, but only for Christians, Colossians 2:14. We are born again by the Holy Spirit, not the law. The law convicts of sin and causes us to come to Christ, Galatians 3:24, 25.

clefty

If you need laws, rules and religion you must be one of these, 1 Timothy 1:9.

I was but then the still binding law revealed my need of HIM and now IN HIM I want to obey...and be led into further keeping by the Holy Spirit...yet still some days still not doing what I want to do and doing that which I hate...in my flesh...in need of further Spirit to practice doing what I would do...that which is good...good works...His works...to obey and die to self DAILY...

After all Luke writes of PETER saying the Holy Spirit was given by Yah to those who obey...

Obey what something abolished at the cross? It is no longer...you claim it destroyed...or even faith makes it void...

So much for establishing something abolished...

john w

Hall of Fame
John w.

=spam, which you auto-pilot to everyone, that disagrees with your satanic "doctrine," and your dementia induced cry baby routine, I "am a victim...poor me," persecution complex.

Leave, admitted wolf, perverter of the gospel of Christ, who on record, denies that Christ died for anyone sins, and asserts that everyone is saved.

clefty

The law was abolished at the cross, but only for Christians, Colossians 2:14. We are born again by the Holy Spirit, not the law.
why be born again at all if the law was abolished...

No law is no sin...no need to be reborn

The law convicts of sin and causes us to come to Christ, Galatians 3:24, 25.
yes it does but that very same law you claim is NO MORE...so what convicts you of sin when there is no more law?...what causes you to come to Christ when there is no need of salvation?

john w

Hall of Fame
"Blessed are you when men shall revile you and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake" Matthew 5:11.

Wow, Pate! A stunner, as no one had ever thought of posting that verse, until you! That's it, deceiver-another 'spam a verse in isolation, and think, 'I showed TOL!!!!!'"? Weighty.

Clown, wolf. Members of the boc, which excludes you, are on to your con game, demonic shill.

Status
Not open for further replies.