Patty Duke dead at 69

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
She had some mental problems and not always led a healthy life. It is too bad she had such a hard time. She did much as a child actor. Played Helen Keller

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I remember her most from Valley of the Dolls.

Barbra Parkins played Anne Welles, the naive small-town girl described as "the good girl with a million dollar face and all the bad breaks"
Neely O'Hara (Duke) is a plucky kid with undeniable talent who sings in a Broadway show

It had bad reviews, I thought is was interesting.

SaulToPaul 2

Barbra Parkins played Anne Welles, the naive small-town girl described as "the good girl with a million dollar face and all the bad breaks"
Neely O'Hara (Duke) is a plucky kid with undeniable talent who sings in a Broadway show

It had bad reviews, I thought is was interesting.

I thought it was interesting, too.
Critics think everyone likes what they like. People have different tastes.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I saw it in theater when it first came out, did not think it was so bad. then I can see why someone today would need to view it as a time piece. It may seem corny by today's standards? :idunno:

Patty Duke was younger than me.

SaulToPaul 2

I saw it in theater when it first came out, did not think it was so bad. then I can see why someone today would need to view it as a time piece. It may seem corny by today's standards? :idunno:

Patty Duke was younger than me.

I very much enjoy older movies, I like to get a peek into the past of how things were before I was born.

:)