Pastor Cook hung up on me. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Pastor Cook, why did you hang up on me? :(

I thought we were having a fantastic conversation on your live show and I am sure your listeners found value in our discussion. So why did you hang up on me in mid sentence?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight said:

I thought we were having a fantastic conversation on your live show and I am sure your listeners found value in our discussion. So why did you hang up on me in mid sentence?

Post this on his blog!

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:

Really?

I just started listening to the show and so far he's being incredibly rude. :down:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pastor Cook knocked down a world class straw man by claiming victory in the debate because some things are settled!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Poly said:
Really?

I just started listening to the show and so far he's being incredibly rude. :down:
Are you listening to todays show, or the previous slaughter errrr I mean debate with Bob?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Are you listening to todays show, or the previous slaughter errrr I mean debate with Bob?

I listened to the debate this morning. I'm listening to today's show right now. When do you call in?

I don't know if I can take much more of these guys. Good grief, I feel like I'm back in the day when we all used to sit around at my old church, pompously trying to sound like what we were saying was just so unbelievably deep and profound. :freak:

In fact, when one of those guys started talking, if I didn't know any better, I'd be determined it was my dad. :shocked:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Poly said:
I listened to the debate this morning. I'm listening to today's show right now. When do you call in?
I called in the early part of the second hour of the show.

I think it went pretty good for not being prepared or anything.

I am sure Pastor Cook had a perfectly reasonable reason for hanging up on me.

I don't know if I can take much more of these guys. Good grief, I feel like I'm back in the day when we all used to sit around at my old church, pompously trying to sound like what we were saying was just so unbelievably deep and profound. :freak:

In fact, when one of those guys started talking, if I didn't know any better, I'd be determined it was my dad. :shocked:
That was tragic listening to all the folks describing how comforting it was to learn they had been sexually abused by God's decree. :vomit:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm guessing you're on the second show. Just started listening.

The first caller, Lee, who mentioned she was abused as a child says she now feels more secure that she's come to believe in the doctrines of grace.

Of course!! It stands to reason that one should feel more secure in a God who planned every tiny detail of her abuse. :doh: :dizzy:

I hope you're on soon cause my blood pressure's starting to rise. :mad:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
I am sure Pastor Cook had a perfectly reasonable reason for hanging up on me.
He said you were "talking over him"

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Gene Cook said:
Just because Jeremiah mentions the potter and the clay doesn't mean that everytime the bible mentions the potter and the clay it's a reference to Jeremiah.
:squint:

Pastor Cook said:
I would never say that God makes anybody sin. They do so freely.

Alright!! He's finally seeing the light! :bannana:

Knight: "You said, God decreeing everything is different from making somebody do something."
Pastor Cook: "Yes."
Knight: "How is that?"
Pastor Cook: "I don't know" :freak:

Great, now he's back in the dark! :doh:

UNBELIEVABLE! This guy gets his head handed to him on a plate and then takes a cowards way out in hanging up. He was so busted over what he said over the whole prophecy situation it was painfully obvious he was desperate to end the call. :loser:

Awesome call, Knight! :up:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Poly said:
UNBELIEVABLE! This guy gets his head handed to him on a plate and then takes a cowards way out in hanging up. He was so busted over what he said over the whole prophecy situation it was painfully obvious he was desperate to end the call. :loser:

Awesome call, Knight! :up:
Thanks Poly.... it blew me away when Pastor Cook said that just one unfulfilled prophecy would cause him to reject his faith but then acknowledged to me that the Nineveh prophecy did not come to pass.

So I guess Pastor Cook will be denouncing His faith soon? :idunno:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And now they banned me from posting on their site. :rolleyes:

The following is what I was trying to post.....

Pastor Cook.... your website features a picture of a filthy toilet accompanied by the words... "What does Gene really think about Open Theism?"

LOL, that's funny! I appreciate your humor.

Although keep in mind... if you are right about God exhaustively settling the future... even open theism is part of His plan and for His glory. :)
Maybe it was a computer "glitch" I will try to post it again later.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
I am still wondering what Clete posted that was deleted. :think:

I know. It's driving me nuts. :noid:

But you know Clete and how we're constantly having to tell him to watch his language around here. There's no telling what he said over at a place like that. He probably went madtime ballistic on them.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.