pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
we can resist evil if we are committed to the Lord. Many Christians have done it. I will be one of them.

As a Christian, I don't carry any deadly weapon. And I don't play "what if" games and preparing to justify when the difficult situation arrives.

As a Christian working for a company that prohibits guns in their trucks, I wish I could carry a gun.

ClimateSanity

Cop out? It's the truth.

Show me one verse in the sermon on the mount where Jesus repealed one of the laws?

Show me one verse where Paul says that the law is no more?

And rightly so, just like with any other criminal who has committed a crime deserving of death.

So you're comparing criminal justice to criminal gangs? Shame on you.

Neither.

There are only three forms of punishment for criminals that God authorized in the Bible. Prison is not one of them.

I guarantee you that it's far less than those who have been saved when they face the death penalty.

We need to get rid of the prisons in this country. By putting 1M criminals in prison, we only delayed crime, not removed it, from our society.

We should go back to restitution, corporal punishment, and the death penalty as punishments for crime.

Because the sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. - Ecclesiastes 8:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes8:11&version=NKJV

Seems to me that God guarantees that there will be very little crime if we have swift punishments for crime...

So yes, we are for a swift (and painful) punishment for crime.

So 24-48 hours isn't enough time for someone to witness to a criminal? If repenting of one's sin and asking for forgiveness takes 5 minutes, seems to me like there's plenty of time to "get right with God" between sentencing and execution...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still waiting on an answer to this, Tet:
Your mind is razor sharp.

Lon

I know you don't like thread.
:confused: This one?

Why do you think I have the military thread?
If you don't want my input, I don't mind. If you do, I'm here.

I'm interested in it, if you agree I am talking about the topic and helping the conversation.
When that no longer is the case, you go ahead and tell me it is time to leave, if you would please.

Thank you -Lon

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

1) If you had the opportunity to stop a man from being beaten to death that you didn't know... but had to stab the person attacking them... would you?

2) If your mother and father were in front of you... and about to be brutalized and beaten to death by an attacker... all in front of you, and you had a gun to stop it... would you?

3) If you have a child and they were being beaten to death in front of you... and you had a gun.... would you use it?

4) If you had a 6 year old daughter and you caught a man about to violate and stab her... and you had to shoot him to stop it... would you?

5) If someone broke into your house while you were home and robbed you blind... would you let them?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1) If you had the opportunity to stop a man from being beaten to death that you didn't know... but had to stab the person attacking them... would you?

2) If your mother and father were in front of you about to be brutalized and beaten to death in front of you, and you had a gun to stop it... would you?

3) If you have a child and they were being beaten to death in front of you... and you had a gun.... would you use it?

4) If you had a 6 year old daughter and you caught a man about to violate and stab her... and you had to shoot him to stop it... would you?

"NO" to all of your questions.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1 Tim. 5:8 But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Safety is a "Provision"

Says who?

The context of the verse is working, earning money, and providing for your family, NOT killing enemies of your family.

Quit making things up.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
harrison ford showed love for his enemies by teaching them to behave respectfully

I disagree.

Harrison Ford showed no love, he pummeled the guy.

Be honest, when you watched you that, you really wanted Harrison Ford to beat the crap out that guy right?