pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If there is anyone who doesn't want to hear what her opponent says, it's you, Meshak.

If I didn't really care what you said, I wouldn't address each of your points with lengthy replies.

Meshak, if someone is wrong about a subject, and they don't know it, but strongly defend their side, is it wrong to tell them that they're wrong and why?

God's people should be the ONLY ones making such decisions, (see my thread on what a Christian government would look like here) as we are the only ones who know right from wrong. We are to be salt and light in the world, showing the world the difference between good and evil, telling them to repent of their sins because if they don't, they WILL spend the rest of eternity apart from their Creator who loves them enough to send His son to die for them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Dan 5:18 O thou king, the most high God gave Nebuchadnezzar thy father a kingdom, and majesty, and glory, and honour:
Dan 5:19 And for the majesty that he gave him, all people, nations, and languages, trembled and feared before him: whom he would he slew; and whom he would he kept alive; and whom he would he set up; and whom he would he put down.

LA

KingdomRose

We see Roman soldiers being baptised and saved.

And the passages don't say what they did AFTERWARD, do they? Perhaps they did not return to their soldiering. Christians in the earliest days of the Christian congregation did not participate in the military, and this is backed up by historical accounts.

KingdomRose

Paul teaches that the soldier is an institution of God to reward the righteous and to punish the unrighteous.

The military is ALLOWED by God; He didn't set up that institution. Jehovah allows the governments of all of the nations to exist, as institutions for services to the citizens and also to prevent chaos. How can Jesus preach peace and you say that God sets up the military? You're a bit confused.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
And the passages don't say what they did AFTERWARD, do they? Perhaps they did not return to their soldiering. Christians in the earliest days of the Christian congregation did not participate in the military, and this is backed up by historical accounts.

How long do you suppose Cornelius lived after he quit soldiering in the Roman army?

KingdomRose

Exodus 15:3 KJV The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.

No, the lowly Galilean fisherman, being the alleged "pacifist," "sweet baby lying in a manger," harmless, would not....

John 2:15 KJV and when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers’ money, and overthrew the tables;.....

....would, He?

Good day to you, sir.

Why do you choose to think that he whipped people or even animals? You have a skewed view of Jesus. He didn't act violently and outrageously. He simply overturned a few tables and chased the animals out.

Last edited:

KingdomRose

Revelation 19 KJV
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Good day to you, sir. You are on ignore/un-ignore.

Yes....Jesus will do that, that's why we don't get involved in wars and violence ourselves. We are not to do any smiting. He will take care of all of the eradication of evil people and their institutions.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
How long do you suppose Cornelius lived after he quit soldiering in the Roman army?
It seems that he already serving as a soldier so he could not just get out of it.

In the US, you have to make a bow to government for certain years when you join the military. You just cannot quit.

KingdomRose

You haven't read the Old Testament. There's plenty of wars going on and God is on the side of the Israelites.

Those wars were directed by Jehovah, directly from His mouth. Israel didn't always obey what He said, but He would tell them what to do. Are ANY wars today directed by Jehovah? Not on your life.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
It seems that he already serving as a soldier so he could not just get out of it.

In the US, you have to make a bow to government for certain years when you join the military. You just cannot quit.

True but shouldn't Cornelius have quit, bore his cross and suffered the consequences?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope, he does not have to kill even in the military. He could serve God where he was.

I agree that he could serve GOD where he was, but he could not refuse a Roman order to use weapons or to kill without answering to Rome. Also, Cornelius was a Centurion, meaning that he had charge over a hundred Roman soldiers. Do you think that he just suddenly stopped ordering his soldiers according to Rome's mandate?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Those wars were directed by Jehovah, directly from His mouth. Israel didn't always obey what He said, but He would tell them what to do. Are ANY wars today directed by Jehovah? Not on your life.
Does a country have a right and responsibility to protect itself and its citizens?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I agree that he could serve GOD where he was, but he could not refuse a Roman order to use weapons or to kill without answering to Rome. Also, Cornelius was a Centurion, meaning that he had charge over a hundred Roman soldiers. Do you think that he just suddenly stopped ordering his soldiers according to Rome's mandate?

I don't know the situation so all I can do is speculation. But I know there was a good reason for that situation because Jesus does not approve of killing and He showed us a good example Himself.

I trust Jesus' word.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
here you go again, same kind of lame excuse.

Meshak, either respond to my questions with answers or don't respond at all. This is a forum for discussion, and if you don't want to discuss, then don't discuss, but don't get in the way of other people's discussion.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Meshak, either respond to my questions with answers or don't respond at all. This is a forum for discussion, and if you don't want to discuss, then don't discuss, but don't get in the way of other people's discussion.

You don't make a rules. This is my thread. I control what is going on. You have been repeating the same kind of questions over and over. It is pathetic.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't make her use her brain. She'll have a meltdown.