ECT Our triune God

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oatmeal, I beat you to a pulp on the question of John 1:1 on another thread. You never answered a single argument. You simply do not know when to quit. You are too proud and too stuborn to even entertain the possibility that you could be wrong on this matter. The weight of evidence from scripture is overwhelmingly against you yet, you continue to demonstrate just how foolish one person can be.

That is only your opinion, which is not worth anymore than anyone elses.

LA

Wile E. Coyote

You can not fellowship with the saints of God because you are not one of them.

LA
Yet I confess the Son as the apostle John presents Him in his epistles. He said that we can have the confidence to address HIM in prayer expecting that if we ask HIM anything that is according to HIS will HE hears us and that HE will grant our request. 1 John 5:13-15

I confess the Son as John presented Him saying that He is the "true God and eternal life." 1 John 5:20 ESV

Lon

I am only sharing how I see things.

It is you who is doing all the jumping up and down like the pharisee.
:doh: hence to be know as the stupidity of "the Pharisee fallacy."
You'll use it whenever you are against the ropes because it makes you feel better about yourself and helps you drink your own koolaid you are pouring. Wake up! It is a fallacy (as in, not a correct application).

You have never learnt to fellowship with people who did not go through the sausage machine you did.
Try to put yourself in my shoes a moment: 1) I love the body, not despise it as you seem to 2) You didn't even earn A's in English, what makes you think you are an authority on anything? Seriously, would you be daft enough to try and teach Physics? Why then are you attempting it here? 3) I see you and the rest of your ilk as incredibly naive and horribly lax in self-assessment. Yes, I'd rather have my sausage from a machine than one filled with your dirty hands out back of the barn by the pen.

Gods word is the authority and I am free to share it.
I honestly don't know why you even depend upon yourself. It is as if you are the master of your own universe even with no A's in English :(

What authority do you have?
All of it. You name it. A's in school? Yes. Greek and Hebrew in Bible College? Yep. In line with every denomination on this point? Yes?
Knowing the Word is both somehow with and yet also is God? Yep.
Willing to have my theology checked by my peers and be corrected? Yep (keyword: peers, not usurpers).

Zilch.

LA
Be honest, this is a commentary on your own credentials.

Lon

You can not fellowship with the saints of God because you are not one of them.

LA
Sadly, you profess this yet do not love the body and are no part of one. If this is the koolaid you are selling, it doesn't look anything like scripture. Why would any of us care a whit about what you think is 'fellowship?' You don't do it, why would I want to be in your army of one? :doh:

I cannot believe you guys drink your own poisoned koolaid. It simply baffles me.

Wile E. Coyote

Sadly, you profess this yet to not love a body and are no part of one. If this is the koolaid you are selling, it doesn't look anything like scripture. Why would any of us care a whit about what you think is 'fellowship?' You don't do it, why would I want to be in your army of one? :doh:

I cannot believe you guys drink your own poisoned koolaid. It simply baffles me.
Amen brother! Most anti-trins I have discoursed with over the years do not even worship their God. They do not gather with other believers and worship God. Worship is more a corporate function in the scripture.

Lon

CherubimSeraphim's contribution

CherubimSeraphim's contribution

1Ti 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Here Paul tells you plainly who JESUS CHRIST IS:

1Ti 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to Whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
John 20:28 came to mind too.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I'll never how well you showed the how the nominative of address functions as a vocative.

There is also a dative issue combined with vocative to prove Thomas worshipped Jesus as God without rebuke: Thomas said TO HIM (Jesus), the Lord of me, the God of me (Jewish monotheist)...same phrase as the Psalmist about YHWH in the LXX.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sadly, you profess this yet do not love the body and are no part of one. If this is the koolaid you are selling, it doesn't look anything like scripture. Why would any of us care a whit about what you think is 'fellowship?' You don't do it, why would I want to be in your army of one? :doh:

Indeed. In general, when one runs across a bizarre view, one usually finds the "Just me and my Bible" Lone Ranger. View attachment 17512.

AMR

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Time will tell all.

LA

godrulz

Hall of Fame
The crux of the matter which you avoid to explain is that you believe God came down from Heaven to be a little baby while God spoke to His son from Heaven.

You have at least two Gods, not one.

LA

The triune understanding is one God, not 3 gods. Ignorance is not bliss.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The triune understanding is one God, not 3 gods. Ignorance is not bliss.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Then you can explain this verse?

LA

Lon

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Then you can explain this verse?

LA
Look at the counterpart "Lord" rather than "Son" here. It is a tell-tale sign of something important. If it meant what you think, it would be "Father" then "Son." It isn't. It is a distinction between the two.