"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

redpill4vr

The gate to salvation is wide open today as God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth!

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Timothy 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

It's a due time message and it's due time you believe it (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

but the references you gave was for ephesians not us. and paul was talking to timothy not us..

if you say that what ever Jesus spoke does not make sense now... then there is no need to have gospels in the bible.... you seem to have a completely different gospel... what you are trying to do is interpreting what jesus said based on what paul said.. but it should be the other way round. fix what jesus said and then interpret what paul said. then everything will make sense..

turbosixx

The Lord's earthly ministry was, but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24 KJV). And guess what? Gentiles such as we were at that time (time past) having no hope and were without God in the world and the KJBible tells us why!

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

BUT NOW! And here's where the glorious mystery plan of God's comes in! Wait for it...

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

It does not say we are nigh unto God by anything that we have done or will do, but how: BY THE BLOOD OF CHRIST!

The work of Christ's shed blood for you can be put to your account (Romans 4:24-25 KJV) when you trust God believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV! We are made partakers of Christ BY THE GOSPEL!

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Made nigh to what?

redpill4vr

The gate to salvation is wide open today as God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth!

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Timothy 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

It's a due time message and it's due time you believe it (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

soon you'll be saying revelation chapter2 and 3 are for those seven churches only and that its not applicable to anybody else...

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
redpill, nonon, etc....

Perhaps you are misunderstanding the purpose of the warning verses addressed to believers as a means used by God for His ends.

To wit:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4348822#post4348822

To claim a possessing believer can lose that which the Lord attained by His active and passive obedience, and His continued intercession on behalf of those for whom He atoned, is to argue our High Priest in Heaven is impotent. Sigh.

Rather than cherry-pick verses and read into them more freight than they can bear, consider the full counsel of Scripture and it good and necessary consequences regarding the perseverance of those that believe:

Isaiah 43:1-3, Jeremiah 32:40, John 3:16, John 3:36, John 5:24, John 6:35-40, John 6:47, John 6:51, John 10:27-30, John 11:25, John 14:21, John 15:1-11, John 17:12, John 17:15, Romans 8:29-30, Romans 8:35-39, Ephesians 1:5, Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 2:10 God's workmanship, Ephesians 4:30, Hebrews 5:11-6:12, Philippians 1:6, Philippians 2:12-13, Philippians 3:12-15, 1 Corinthians 1:8 , 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24, 2 Timothy 1:12, 2 Timothy 4:18, 1 Peter 1:3-5, 1 Peter 1:23, 1 Peter 5:10, 2 Peter 2:10, 1 John 2:19, 1 John 2:25, 1 John 3:9, 1 John 5:13, 1 John 5:18, Jude 24-25.

AMR

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I met a pastor who preached OSAS. He said after a person accepts christ as saviour then his entry to heaven (eternal life) is secured. I asked what if he commits adultery and not repent and not get forgiveness from God. He still said that he would go but God would discipline him (he might even kill him). So i put forth a question in the following way and he could not answer it. He said go and read John's Gospel and you will understand.

notation : M --> me, P ---> the pastor

M: Is God holy?
P: Yes.
M: Does sin dwell in God's place?
P:No.
M: So if a commits adultery he will be disciplined (God might
kill him) but he will go to heaven.
P: yes.
M: Then what happens to the sin he committed ?
P: it will still be there.
M: Who will be accountable for the sin he committed. He did not ask
for forgiveness .
P: the sin will be there.
M: if that sin is still there how will he go to heaven.?
P: why are you focusing on sin leave it.
M: its because that's the thing that separates man from God.
P: you are not a man of God or else you would have simply believed instead of asking these many questions.

and he left.. can anyone answer this question.." who will be held accountable for the unforgiven sin even when the believer has not repented and asked for forgiveness".

ps. i believe that OSAS is false... dont say a true believer will never sin......

Sin is not forgiven it is ransomed friend. God doesn't forgive sin because He is big hearted enough to overlook sin. God can justify His perfect holiness without compromising His perfect righteousness. How? Because the debt has been paid. Why? Because it was God's good pleasure to sacrifice the Messiah for all who believe. If you don't believe that the value of the Son of God paid for all sin then you have a serious dilemma

redpill4vr

Sin is not forgiven it is ransomed friend. God doesn't forgive sin because He is big hearted enough to overlook sin. God can justify His perfect holiness without compromising His perfect righteousness. How? Because the debt has been paid. Why? Because it was God's good pleasure to sacrifice the Messiah for all who believe. If you don't believe that the value of the Son of God paid for all sin then you have a serious dilemma

there is no denying in "the debt has been paid". but unless we confess and accept that the debt has been paid (even after accepting christ) then forgiveness wont happen.

if you say that God will forgive even when we dont ask then there is a much bigger problem . that comes from a lack of biblical knowledge as 2 peter 3 16 says
2 Peter 3:16Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

16 He speaks about these things in all his letters in which there are some matters that are hard to understand. The untaught and unstable twist them to their own destruction, as they also do with the rest of the Scriptures.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
there is no denying in "the debt has been paid". but unless we confess and accept that the debt has been paid (even after accepting christ) then forgiveness wont happen.

if you say that God will forgive even when we dont ask then there is a much bigger problem . that comes from a lack of biblical knowledge as 2 peter 3 16 says
2 Peter 3:16Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

16 He speaks about these things in all his letters in which there are some matters that are hard to understand. The untaught and unstable twist them to their own destruction, as they also do with the rest of the Scriptures.

If you died right now and God asks you why you should go to heaven your answer will be because you confesses your sin.

My answer will be that the blood of Messiah paid for my sin

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Pretty odd about my "interpretations" considering you claim "the work of God" is a work of man. :chuckle:

No, I have no interest whatsoever in your "innocent attractions" or the attractions of any man. I don't even give a hoot about your sinning. My sins have all been forgiven and I am not under the law for righteousness in any way shape or form.

Now, why do you refuse to address the verses I gave you instead of boasting about your personal sexual attractions being so pure?

Do you understand what "Not of yourselves" means? It is YOU that claims to believe, right? How about a GIFT?

Eph. 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.​

You have no choice but to totally ignore this verse. It is so plain even a child gets it. "Worketh NOT but believeth..." See that? :yawn:

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.​

Good post. Elo is too busy looking at the Ladies. So, his reasoning is
off a bit.

turbosixx

My answer will be that the blood of Messiah paid for my sin

This man's debt was paid.

Matt. 18:32 Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. 33 Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ 34 And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him. 35 “So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”

turbosixx

No need. You're just another "confused" poster. I owe you nothing.

That's right you owe me nothing. The one you owe is yourself. Are you really trusting the destiny of your soul on the belief that a lot of the NT doesn't apply to you. You better be 100% sure. I"m just trying to help.

turbosixx

So REDPILL...asking again...can one who has salvation but loses it ever get it back?

That's for God to judge but it appears so based on this passage.

James 5:19 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That's right you owe me nothing. The one you owe is yourself. Are you really trusting the destiny of your soul on the belief that a lot of the NT doesn't apply to you. You better be 100% sure. I"m just trying to help.

It's not I that needs the help. It's you. There were two messages
being preached at that time in history. The Kingdom message to
the House of Israel and the Grace message to us Gentiles. So,
as you can see, it's you that needs to read and study Romans
through Philemon, in order to find the truth you need so desperately.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Turbo, if you choose to live under the law, go for it. If you wish to live
as a member of the House of Israel, go for it. But, no this one thing,
Gentiles were never given the law nor did they live under it.

But, if you want to give it a shot, go for it.