"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

Shasta

Testimonies are essential, because, they let us know if you are a "True
Believer" or a "pretender to the faith?" 1 Peter 3:15 states: "But sanctify
the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to
every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you
with
meekness and fear:"

The word "answer" is apologia which means "to set forth a reasoned defense" which is precisely what you have been avoiding. It is not merely saying you have found hope it is defending it with rational argument.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Shasta, you were just complaining about my, non-participation in the
discussion at hand, now you won't answer questions, ask questions, or
participate? Is this the "silent treatment?" Did I hurt your feelings?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
If a believer keeps on sinning they can fall into judgement.

A believer will be chastened (Prov. 3:11, 12).

As a reminder God's Truth is number 39 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

[A believer will be chastened (Prov. 3:11, 12).] "Really?"

Really. It's possible for a believer to sin but he will be the most miserable person on earth outside of God's will (Deut. 8:5).

...You're mixing up what I stated, therefore, you get a neg-rep...

:dizzy: 2 Tim. 2:23

054162_e26e2667349fdcf9dcfddd0666918ac7.jpg_srb_p_600_249_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srb

Last edited:

elohiym

ya ...... they seem to ignore everything else which puts their position in jeopardy.

That's great because it keeps others from believing their nonsense.

some more references for past sins:

Yes, those are good references. Here's another:

Hebrews 9:5 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

There is much to ponder in that verse.

elohiym

Living a lifestyle of sin and sinning are two completely different things.
ALL believers sin, but they don't have a lifestyle of sinning.

How many times do you get to sin before it's considered a "lifestyle of sin" or habitual sin?

Adam and Eve only sinned once and look what happened.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

If you sin again after that, it's obvious that you were not cleansed from "all unrighteousness."

But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

The context is "anybody" that sins, not believers.

No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him.

As a believer, can you commit any of the acts Paul listed in Galatians 5:19-21? Yes or no? Paul doesn't say you can occasionally covet and Jesus will be your advocate; rather, he states those that covet will be not inherit the kingdom, and in another passage he states believers should not associate or eat with "so-called" brothers that covet.

heir

TOL Subscriber
there is a condition on whose names will be in the book of life

Revelation 3:1-5

To the angel of the church in Sardis write the following:

“This is the solemn pronouncement of the one who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars: ‘I know your deeds, that you have a reputation that you are alive, but in reality you are dead. 2 Wake up then, and strengthen what remains that was about to die, because I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of my God. 3 Therefore, remember what you received and heard, and obey it, and repent. If you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will never know at what hour I will come against you. 4 But you have a few individuals in Sardis who have not stained their clothes, and they will walk with me dressed in white, because they are worthy. 5 The one who conquers will be dressed like them in white clothing, and I will never erase his name from the book of life, but will declare his name before my Father and before his angels.
The only condition to being in the Body of Christ is to have trusted the Lord believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Have you?

God's Truth

some more references for past sins:
2 Peter 1:9
9 But concerning the one who lacks such things—he is blind. That is to say, he is nearsighted, since he has forgotten about the cleansing of his past sins.

Ephesians 2:1-6
And although you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you formerly lived according to this world’s present path, according to the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the ruler of the spirit that is now energizing the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom all of us also formerly lived out our lives in the cravings of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath even as the rest…
4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of his great love with which he loved us, 5 even though we were dead in transgressions, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you are saved!— 6 and he raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

Elohiym and you gave excellent scriptures proving the sins are for past sins.

Here is another scripture:

Hebrews 9:15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance--now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

elohiym

What is the gospel of your salvation? The only thing that puts you in jeopardy is to receive not the love of the truth that you can be saved (2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV).

Suddenly you don't care about Romans 16:17. Figures.

You only use it to ignore me when I ask you the questions that destroy your false gospel.

My questions will keep people from believing the nonsense you preach, so please do continue to ignore them.