Original Sin and the Calvinists

glorydaz

NO. God did NOT NULLIFY all His words!

God did not nail Jesus' words to the cross.

How do you EVER get that it gives glory to Jesus to nullify his words?

A gift to His CHILDREN. You have to first become a child of His!

Not of yourselves mean you don't have to do the ceremonial works to purify yourself because Jesus will do it.

Yep, the very thought of Jesus getting all the glory makes her hair stand on end.

Why am I not surprised? :chew:

glorydaz

They had to hear the message that saves, and that message is about FORGIVENESS OF THE SINS YOU REPENT OF DOING.

Paul does say that but you ignore and deny those scriptures!!!

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Do you really want to do away with ALL the scriptures, all the words of God telling us to obey? Do you really want to say Jesus came and gave all those teachings to have them nullified?

You're doing your regular job of trolling.
This thread is not about you.
It is about original sin.

Go away or discuss the topic. :troll:

God's Truth

I am going to keep that one, glorydazed.

You said grace (which Paul preaches), NULLIFIES the Father and Jesus telling us to obey.

I am glad that you finally said it.

This is major.

I have been trying to get you to understand that that is what your teachings imply---and you finally get it and are proud of it.

Unbelievable.

God's Truth

No, Paul did not come around and preach that he is given a special gospel that nullifies all of God's words about obeying.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

glorydaz

No, Paul did not come around and preach that he is given a special gospel that nullifies all of God's words about obeying.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Original sin.....do you think Adam's sin is passed down to all men?

glorydaz

I am going to keep that one, glorydazed.

You said grace (which Paul preaches), NULLIFIES the Father and Jesus telling us to obey.

I am glad that you finally said it.

This is major.

I have been trying to get you to understand that that is what your teachings imply---and you finally get it and are proud of it.

Unbelievable.

:chuckle:

glorydaz

Then Paul and those with Him must have been in error because the answer they gave to the question of how a person can be saved speaks of believing and nothing but believing:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"
(Acts 16:30-31).​

Of course there will always be some who think that Paul just forgot to name everything that it takes for a person to be saved!

True. They are unable to grasp the amazing Gift we're offered because of our Lord's work on the cross. They simply refuse to believe they don't have to DO something to earn eternal life. Man is ever seeking to steal the glory that belongs to God alone. :sigh:

Then, on the other side, they claim, because of Adam's sin, we are unable to hear the Good News of Salvation. Go figure.

God's Truth

Original sin.....do you think Adam's sin is passed down to all men?

You think God told Adam and Eve to obey and didn't mean it? How about what God said to Cain? Noah? Abraham? Job?

So all that obeying talk is meaningless now, according to you, according to grace.

You should have so much fear for saying such a thing.

God's Truth

True. They are unable to grasp the amazing Gift we're offered because of our Lord's work on the cross. They simply refuse to believe they don't have to DO something to earn eternal life. Man is ever seeking to steal the glory that belongs to God alone. :sigh:

Then, on the other side, they claim, because of Adam's sin, we are unable to hear the Good News of Salvation. Go figure.

Uh yeah but Jerry said that to me and I do not believe like that.

glorydaz

You think God told Adam and Eve to obey and didn't mean it? How about what God said to Cain? Noah? Abraham? Job?

So all that obeying talk is meaningless now, according to you, according to grace.

You should have so much fear for saying such a thing.

I don't have any fear. That's the assurance that you will never know.

God's Truth

I don't have any fear. That's the assurance that you will never know.

You don't know enough to fear.

2 Corinthians 5:11 Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade others. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience.

glorydaz

You did say it.

Don't lie about me. You claimed I said, "grace NULLIFIES the Word". You lied.

Grace does eliminate our need to obey in order to be saved.

Which is why Paul preached, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved."

Paul doesn't preach what you do. He preaches "believe unto righteousness".

glorydaz

You don't know enough to fear.

2 Corinthians 5:11 Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade others. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience.

I know enough to realize I'm on the safe side of that text. I'm persuading you to be reconciled. Your obedience won't accomplish that.

Jerry Shugart

They had to hear the message that saves, and that message is about FORGIVENESS OF THE SINS YOU REPENT OF DOING.

Paul says nothing about repenting of sins in order to be saved:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​

"Believing" on the Lord Jesus Christ is NOT the same as repenting of sins!

Are you really this dense?

God's Truth

Paul says nothing about repenting of sins in order to be saved:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​

"Believing" on the Lord Jesus Christ is NOT the same as repenting of sins!

Are you really this dense?

You are. Now explain to me WHAT they have to believe about Jesus Christ. Duh.