Opinion: American right becoming completely untethered from reality

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Ah. As long as I've looked at the news, I've prayed, given to charity, and voted. Having removed myself: No difference. I'm not self-centered in that it isn't happening to me, actually quite a bit of it already has. It is rather not wanting to dwell there. -Lon

The observation wasn't about about praying, giving to charity, or voting. Not sure why you brought those things into it.

It was about it being a privilege to live apolitically, whether one is self-centered or not (not sure why you brought that into it either).

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Just say no: Reagan Foundation demands "Trump Train" bus remove image of Gipper in MAGA hat​

BB1gPSW6.img

The "Trump Train" is not a train. In fact, it's a bus — a Trump-themed, campaign-style bus that travels the country drumming up support for the defeated ex-president, his family members, and their allies. The Trump Train has once again come under attack, this time not from the Queen of England or Buckingham Palace but from the nonpartisan organization that handles the legacy of former President Ronald Reagan, which wants the bus owner to remove an edited image of Reagan wearing a red "TRUMP" hat.

Buckingham Palace Told A "Trump Train" Bus To Stop Using The Queen's Image

An image of Queen Elizabeth II was doctored to show her wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat and a QAnon brooch.

sub-buzz-7789-1620849976-40.png

Lon

The observation wasn't about about praying, giving to charity, or voting. Not sure why you brought those things into it.

It was about it being a privilege to live apolitically, whether one is self-centered or not (not sure why you brought that into it either).
Clarity? As I said, I'm still not sure, so I think, however you meant it, you've probably pegged me pretty well. I didn't know what "as long as it isn't happening to me" meant (not exactly news related, but I'm trying to grasp it). -Lon

Last edited:

Lon

@Lon

Can one be apolitical when one political party supports the right of a woman to murder her unborn child?
In the sense that it is in the hands of judges now, with not a lot that any other party can do much about it, I'm not sure I can but be apolitical. As any particular politician is against it (at times these are democrats) I can vote my conscience rather than a party line. In my state (WA) almost none of my votes ever (ever) count. Yet I can give to charity that serve to stop abortions and I have. I can support children that need food, clothing, medicine, and education, and I do. I also pray for needs. To me, because I live in a state where my vote never counts (unless I happen to side), I literally have to be apolitical in doing things that can effect change. I'm not sure everyone is in the same situation. I'd like to think that most states your vote actually counts. -Lon

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
In the sense that it is in the hands of judges now, with not a lot that any other party can do much about it, I'm not sure I can but be apolitical. As any particular politician is against it (at times these are democrats) I can vote my conscience rather than a party line. In my state (WA) almost none of my votes ever (ever) count. Yet I can give to charity that serve to stop abortions and I have. I can support children that need food, clothing, medicine, and education, and I do. I also pray for needs. To me, because I live in a state where my vote never counts (unless I happen to side), I literally have to be apolitical in doing things that can effect change. I'm not sure everyone is in the same situation. I'd like to think that most states your vote actually counts. -Lon
Mine is like yours

• Sad
Reactions: Lon

marke

Opinion: The American right is becoming completely untethered from reality

Max Boot

When it comes to “information warfare,” illiberal regimes such as Russia have a major advantage over liberal democracies such as the United States. U.S. government agencies such as the State Department’s Global Engagement Center put the best possible spin on U.S. actions but aren’t allowed to simply lie.

By contrast, Russia’s troll farm (formerly known as the Internet Research Agency), its foreign intelligence agency, the SVR, and other organs of the Kremlin are free to spin fantasies out of thin air: Malaysian airliner MH17, shot down by pro-Russian rebels over Ukraine, was actually a victim of the CIA. A democratic revolution in Ukraine was actually a fascist uprising. Western covid-19 vaccines, which have proven highly safe and effective, are actually dangerous.

The Kremlin strategy is not so much to make people believe its individual lies as to make them doubt the very possibility of truth. As the old saying goes: In a world where nothing is true, everything is permitted. . . .

The Republican Party is increasingly catering to people who live in an alternative universe of false narratives spread by media outlets such as Fox News and Newsmax and on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Google/YouTube. A major political movement becoming completely untethered from reality is terrifying to see — and often accompanies the slide into authoritarianism.
Democrats live with minds filled with delusions and lies. They cannot help themselves. All sinners who reject God give themselves over to blind submission to the devil and his lies. Strong delusion is no substitute for truth.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I saw a segment on Tucker Carlson's bit on Fox News a month or so ago where he was on about how they bring the latest on stuff including UFO sightings and it was equal parts hilarious and sad...fits right into the conspiracy mindset however.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Like this, for example:

Gary K

Banned
Democrats start using binkies to wean themselves from masks.

article-8648-1.jpg

U.S.—With the CDC finally relaxing some guidelines around mask-wearing, Democrats are facing the dread of parting with something that has been giving them feelings of safety and security for over a year. To help them cope with the loss, many Democrats are turning to baby pacifiers to help wean them off the masks.

"The binky is a perfect bridge toward a maskless future," said one Democrat. He then quickly popped the rubber nipple back in his mouth for a few minutes before continuing. "I think it's important to be open and vulnerable about the trauma we have all experienced in the last year." He then grabbed his blanket and teddy bear and went down for a nap.

Dr. Fauci has endorsed the use of binkies for vaccinated Democrats, but he's still suggesting a mask be worn over them at all times.

In his nightly segment, Sean Hannity ridiculed Democrats for being such big babies. "We live in a nation of sissified man babies," he said before taking a quick hit from his vape pen.

marke

Democrats advocate violent opposition to republican lawmakers in public but whine like babies when confronted by voters who are stoutly opposed to their support of baby butchery by abortion.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/25/politics/maxine-waters-trump-officials/index.html - Maxine Waters attacks republicans

'They're Not Welcome Anymore, Anywhere.' Maxine Waters Tells Supporters to Confront Trump Officials

Gary K

Banned
To stand up for liberty, morality, the rights of the people, is an embarrassment? You're complete untethered from reality. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

It's very apparent that you stand for totalitarianism which is the enemy of us all, including you. That's how untethered from reality you are. You support the very ideology which will make a peon/slave of all of us, including you. All your buddies here are doing the same things. You're all untethered from reality.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
To stand up for liberty, morality, the rights of the people, is an embarrassment?

To see Marge kneel down in front of AOC's office door and bark into the mail slot like she did is an embarrassment to her office, yes. As is her cohort adding his creepy two cents and them scribbling in AOC's visitor books. If you can't see that for what it is, I can't help you.
You're complete untethered from reality.

You need to do something besides read conspiracies for 12-14 hours a day.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Not a chance. I'm not ashamed to stand against the MAGA lies, their conspiracy-driven attempts to overturn a valid election, to whitewash history, to suppress future elections, and who astonishingly still cling to the corrupt orange clay feet of their Dear Leader who's phoning it in from his golf club.

marke

To see Marge kneel down in front of AOC's office door and bark into the mail slot like she did is an embarrassment to her office, yes. As is her cohort adding his creepy two cents and them scribbling in AOC's visitor books. If you can't see that for what it is, I can't help you.

Not a chance. I'm not ashamed to stand against the MAGA lies, their conspiracy-driven attempts to overturn a valid election, to whitewash history, to suppress future elections, and who astonishingly still cling to the corrupt orange clay feet of their Dear Leader who's phoning it in from his golf club.
You go, girl Be strong. Mock those who refuse to blindly believe whatever stupid crap the democrats dish out to their bootlicking sycophants. Follow Maxine's leadership and get in the faces of republican lawmakers, their supporters and anyone else not submissively yielding to democrat edicts and specially edited propaganda.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/25/politics/maxine-waters-trump-officials/index.html - Maxine Waters attacks republicans

'They're Not Welcome Anymore, Anywhere.' Maxine Waters Tells Supporters to Confront Trump Officials

Gary K

Banned

If you actually believe what you say, you're level of ignorance of economics, morals, and history is off the charts. You've been indoctrinated so deeply that you can no longer recognize reality. That's really sad, anna.