Only Y-H-W-H is God, besides Him there is no god!

beameup

Thus saith (1) YHWH the King of Israel, and (2) His Redeemer the LORD of hosts;
I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God - Isaiah 44:6

What's happening Beameup? This statement is Jewish, not Christian. :rotfl:

What total blindness.
The Sect of the Nazarenes was composed of Jews that clearly understood from the Tanakh, that God was "more complex" than Deut 6:4. These Jewish believers in Yeshua Messiah clearly were prepared for "The Redeemer" because Judaism, at that time, already provided for that understanding of the complexity of God.

For we have found this man [Paul] a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the [Roman] world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes - Acts 24:5

Elia

What total blindness.
The Sect of the Nazarenes was composed of Jews that clearly understood from the Tanakh, that God was "more complex" than Deut 6:4.

Bs"d

Deut 6:4 says the following:

שמע ישראל י-ה-ו-ה אלהנו י-ה-ו-ה אחד

Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is
ONE.​

And you shall love Y-H-W-H your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.
And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart;
and you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
And you shall bind them as a sign upon your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Deut 6:4-9

The Jews until this day fulfill this commandment. Every morning they put upon their arm and upon their forehead their phylacteries, (prayer belts) that consist of black straps with black leather cubes, that contain parchment upon which is written this Biblical text that says that God is one. Upon the doorposts of the houses of the religious Jews there are small boxes or containers that also contain parchment upon which is written that God is one. During the morning and evening prayers the above text is recited which says that God is one.

The fact that GOD IS ONE is mentioned by JC as the first commandment:

"And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, "Which commandment is the first of all?" Jesus answered, "The first is, `Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, THE LORD IS ONE; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' The second is this, `You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." And the scribe said to him, "You are right, Teacher; you have truly said that HE IS ONE, and there is no other but he; and to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices." And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God."" Mark 12:28-34 Revised Standard Version

“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one." .... "You are right in saying that God is one" New International Version

"Here is the most important one. Moses said, 'Israel, listen to me. The Lord is our God. The Lord is one." .... "You are right in saying that God is one." New International Readers Version

"Jesus answered: Listen, Israel! The Lord our God, The Lord is One." .... "You have correctly said that He is One," Holman Christian Standard Bible

"Jesus answered, The first is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, the Lord is one:" .... "thou hast well said that he is one;" American Standard Version

"Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one." New King James Version

"Jesus answered, "The most important is, 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one" .... "You have truly said that he is one," English Standard Version

"Jesus said, "The first in importance is, 'Listen, Israel: The Lord your God is one;" .... "A wonderful answer, Teacher! So lucid and accurate—that God is one" The Message

"‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one." .... “You are right in saying that God is one" New International Version

And in many more places in both the Tanach and the NT, it is mentioned that GOD IS ONE.

So on that point no compromise is possible.

God is absolutely and totally one.

Y-H-W-H is God, and Y-H-W-H is one.

That is the foundation of Judaism, from 3300 years ago until eternity.

And no matter what some idolatrous sects think they see in the Tanach that might point to God not being one, or some extra man-gods, for the righteous Jews God is absolutely totally indivisibly ONE.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5

beameup

Bs"d

Deut 6:4 says the following:

Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is ONE.

And no matter what some idolatrous sects think they see in the Tanach that might point to God not being one, or some extra man-gods, for the righteous Jews God is absolutely totally indivisibly ONE.

The Sect of the Nazarenes was 100% Jewish. The Jewish leadership hunted them down and stoned them to death. If that authority was again granted in Israel, you "ultra-orthodox" would again be stoning those in Israel that are "Messianic's".

Clearly the Scribes & Pharisees in the 1st Century understood the "Two Powers" in Heaven from such passages as Daniel 7:13-14. However, they "didn't like the way Jesus looked" and the fact that he "was nothing but a carpenter" and so crucified their Messiah and proceeded to stone-to-death his followers.

Your Temple was DESTROYED and you were driven from the LAND in 70 A.D.
You have no "religion". It's more like some sort of "clan" that you cling to.

Elia

The Sect of the Nazarenes was 100% Jewish.

Bs"d

So were the people worshipping the golden calf, the Ba'al Peor, and other abominations.

The Jewish leadership hunted them down and stoned them to death.

Where can I find any support for that claim?

If that authority was again granted in Israel, you "ultra-orthodox" would again be stoning those in Israel that are "Messianic's".

Depends if they believe that JC was God or not.

Clearly the Scribes & Pharisees in the 1st Century understood the "Two Powers" in Heaven from such passages as Daniel 7:13-14.

Clearly they did not.

Your Temple was DESTROYED and you were driven from the LAND in 70 A.D.

That has happened before.

You have no "religion". It's more like some sort of "clan" that you cling to.

We follow the one and only true God Y-H-W-H who is one, and follow His commandments.

Whatever you wish to call that is totally irrelevant.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!”

Joshua 24:14-15

Elia

God the Father came as a Man.

Bs"d

And then God the Father died on the cross?

When he called out on the cross "My God, why did you forsake me?", to who was he calling?

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."

God's Truth

Bs"d

And then God the Father died on the cross?

When he called out on the cross "My God, why did you forsake me?", to who was he calling?

There are three.

Who is the Holy Spirit?

Think about it more.

Ben Masada

What total blindness.
The Sect of the Nazarenes was composed of Jews that clearly understood from the Tanakh, that God was "more complex" than Deut 6:4. These Jewish believers in Yeshua Messiah clearly were prepared for "The Redeemer" because Judaism, at that time, already provided for that understanding of the complexity of God.

Total blindness! What I see as the truth about this thread of Elia's is that the Trinity is gone up to the birds and you don't know really what to say.

God's Truth

So God the Father was talking to God the Father?

You're such a confused unbeliever.

God the Father as a Son of Man was speaking to God the Father in heaven who lives in unapproachable light.

You are the confused one. There are not three different and separate Gods combined and call themselves one.

There is ONE GOD and He has made Himself known to us in the three modes.

God's Truth

Total blindness! What I see as the truth about this thread of Elia's is that the Trinity is gone up to the birds and you don't know really what to say.

God speaks to Christians all day everyday through Jesus.

God does not speak to you or anyone who rejects Christ.

You know you have no living prophet.

Right Divider

Body part
God the Father as a Son of Man was speaking to God the Father in heaven who lives in unapproachable light.

You are the confused one. There are not three different and separate Gods combined and call themselves one.

There is ONE GOD and He has made Himself known to us in the three modes.
Thanks for clarifying your particular form of HERESY. It's good to know that you're a modalist.

BTW, moron.... I NEVER said that there were "three different and separate Gods". That is something that YOU, being the LIAR that you are, made up.

That is a very typical tactic of liars like you, who do not know the truth and refuse it when given it.

P.S. A Father is a PERSON; a Son is a PERSON; the Holy Spirit is a PERSON.

God's Truth

Thanks for clarifying your particular form of HERESY. It's good to know that you're a modalist.

BTW, moron.... I NEVER said that there were "three different and separate Gods". That is something that YOU, being the LIAR that you are, made up.

That is a very typical tactic of liars like you, who do not know the truth and refuse it when given it.

P.S. A Father is a PERSON; a Son is a PERSON; the Holy Spirit is a PERSON.

Are you a trinitarian?

If yes, then YOU DO believe the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are separate and different.

If no, then excuse me of insulting you for believing that Catholic heresy.

Elia

There are three.

Bs"d

That is polytheism and idolatry.

The Torah teaches that there is one G.d, Y-H-W-H, who is a jealous G.d, who allows no other gods beside Him. See Exodus 20:3. G.d's name, Y-H-W-H, appears almost 7000 times in the Old Testament. The King James translation translates this name as "The LORD", with small capital letters. This G.d is the one and only G.d for the Jews, as it is written in the Hebrew Bible;

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is G.d in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

"See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

"Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6

"I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

This Jewish G.d is one, as it is written; "Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our G.d, .Y-H-W-H is one." Deuteronomy 6:4 The King James translation translates this as: "Hear Israel, the LORD our G.d is one LORD." . Here in Deuteronomium 6:4 too, the word "the LORD" stands for Y-H-W-H in the Hebrew text. When we insert G.d's name into this translation, we get; "Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H our G.d is one Y-H-W-H." This is not a correct translation, the correct translation is as above mentioned; "Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our G.d, Y-H-W-H is one."

Surprising as it may be, in the New Testament G.d is also one. Look for this fact at the following verses: Mark 12:29-34. Here Jesus himself, when asked what is the first commandment, quotes Deuteronomy 6:4: "Hear Israel, the Lord our G.d is one Lord." And in verse 32 he is answered: "There is one G.d, and there is no other than He", upon which Jesus replies: "You are not far from the kingdom of G.d."

So also for Jesus there clearly is one G.d who is one.

And what about Paul, who wrote more than half of all the books of the New Testament, what does he think about it?

Romans 3:30: "Seeing it is one G.d, …"

I Corinthians 8:4: "We know that an idol is nothing in the world and that there is no other G.d than one."

idem verse 6: "But to us there is but one G.d …"

Ephesians 4:6; "One G.d and father of all, …"

I Timothy 2:5; "For there is one G.d …"

And look what James says in James 2:19; "You believe that there is one G.d, and you do well."

Also in the New Testament there is one G.d who is one.

Saying "There are three" is heresy and idolatry.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.

beameup

From my original post "HaShem" - the NAME of GOD:
And he said unto me, Son of man [Ezekiel], the place of MY THRONE, and the place of the soles of MY feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel forever, and MY HOLY NAME, shall the house of Israel NO MORE DEFILE - Ezekiel 43:7

Someday MESSIAH will dwell in your midst and you will no longer DEFILE His HOLY NAME.

God's Truth

Bs"d

That is polytheism and idolatry.

The Torah teaches that there is one G.d, Y-H-W-H, who is a jealous G.d, who allows no other gods beside Him. See Exodus 20:3. G.d's name, Y-H-W-H, appears almost 7000 times in the Old Testament. The King James translation translates this name as "The LORD", with small capital letters. This G.d is the one and only G.d for the Jews, as it is written in the Hebrew Bible;

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is G.d in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

"See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

"Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6

"I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

This Jewish G.d is one, as it is written; "Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our G.d, .Y-H-W-H is one." Deuteronomy 6:4 The King James translation translates this as: "Hear Israel, the LORD our G.d is one LORD." . Here in Deuteronomium 6:4 too, the word "the LORD" stands for Y-H-W-H in the Hebrew text. When we insert G.d's name into this translation, we get; "Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H our G.d is one Y-H-W-H." This is not a correct translation, the correct translation is as above mentioned; "Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our G.d, Y-H-W-H is one."

Surprising as it may be, in the New Testament G.d is also one. Look for this fact at the following verses: Mark 12:29-34. Here Jesus himself, when asked what is the first commandment, quotes Deuteronomy 6:4: "Hear Israel, the Lord our G.d is one Lord." And in verse 32 he is answered: "There is one G.d, and there is no other than He", upon which Jesus replies: "You are not far from the kingdom of G.d."

So also for Jesus there clearly is one G.d who is one.

And what about Paul, who wrote more than half of all the books of the New Testament, what does he think about it?

Romans 3:30: "Seeing it is one G.d, …"

I Corinthians 8:4: "We know that an idol is nothing in the world and that there is no other G.d than one."

idem verse 6: "But to us there is but one G.d …"

Ephesians 4:6; "One G.d and father of all, …"

I Timothy 2:5; "For there is one G.d …"

And look what James says in James 2:19; "You believe that there is one G.d, and you do well."

Also in the New Testament there is one G.d who is one.

Saying "There are three" is heresy and idolatry.

The three are one and the same.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you a trinitarian?

If yes, then YOU DO believe the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are separate and different.

If no, then excuse me of insulting you for believing that Catholic heresy.

'Separate' is not part of Trinitarian expression. You are attacking a straw-man.

The Trinitarian expression was developed before there was a RCC and the heresy of that time was Arianism, not trinitarianism.

God's Truth

'Separate' is not part of Trinitarian expression. You are attacking a straw-man.
Do you really think that I have that part wrong? It is too easy to prove that trinitarians believe Jesus is separate from God.

Do a little study. Who are you listening to?

The trinitarian
The Trinitarian expression was developed before there was a RCC and the heresy of that time was Arianism, not trinitarianism.

You have that right it was developed.