ONLY 7% OF THE NATION IS EVANGELICAL, ACCORDING TO CERTAIN POLLS!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I was listening to a Christian radio station this morning, and
they were discussing a number of polls that have been taken.
The results of these polls were; only 7% of the U.S. is
considered evangelical! The majority, according to these
polls, don't seem to consider themselves "True Believers."

The Bible states, (Matthew 7:13) "Enter ye in at the strait
gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth
to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:"

That means, only a minority of people actually find the
way to eternal life? The majority, do not! "The Grace message"
is out there however, only those who place, ALL of their faith
in Christ as their Lord and Savior will receive it, that being,
eternal life! A percentage of people try and earn their way,
through, good works, deeds, water baptism, church affiliation,
obeying the Laws meant for the House of Israel, and just trying
to be better than everyone else around them.

There's ONLY one way to eternal life today, and that's through,
"Paul's Gospel" as given to him (on the road to Damascus) by
The Risen Lord Jesus Christ Himself! Many 'reject' this message,
to their inevitable destruction! We're living in, what Paul calls;
"The Dispensation of Grace!" Paul's Gospel for today is available
to Jew and gentile alike! It's God's gift to whoever will place their
total faith, in Christ alone for their salvation!

Many on TOL reject Paul's Gospel. If they leave this world, still
rejecting it, they will stand before God someday and be judged
according to their works, and subsequently suffer eternal
damnation! There's only one way, and that is through Christ!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
good thread. i'll make some posts tonight on it. i have a question for presbyterian evangelicals, maybe askmr religion. i'm going to bed soon

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Many on TOL reject Paul's Gospel. If they leave this world, still
rejecting it, they will stand before God someday and be judged
according to their works, and subsequently suffer eternal
damnation! There's only one way, and that is through Christ!

Many on TOL accept the one gospel of Christ preached by all the Apostles and Prophets.

You however reject Peters words in Acts 2 and pass them off as only being to the Jews, thus teaching the heresy of two gospels and two churches.

All people will be judged according to their works according to Jesus and to Paul--

Rom 2:3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?
Rom 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
Rom 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Mat 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Mat 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Mat 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

LA

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
what is an EVANGELICAL?

what is the matter with calling yourself a christian?

don't want to be grouped with others who call themselves christian?

just change the definition
and
you can be anything you want to be
but
first you have to spend the rest of your life arguing what the definition is

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
In Britain it is 2 per cent TOTAL, ALL Christians.

The difference is I believe those televangelists.....

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Church going...it is sadly true, Americans have no idea.

I do believe they do not take account properly of the tiny little "Jesus saves" type fellowships...I myself belong to a tiny fellowship.

If you ask people if they believe in God you get a high per centage....what kind of God he might be is anybody's guess.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Many on TOL accept the one gospel of Christ preached by all the Apostles and Prophets.

You however reject Peters words in Acts 2 and pass them off as only being to the Jews, thus teaching the heresy of two gospels and two churches.

All people will be judged according to their works according to Jesus and to Paul--

Rom 2:3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?
Rom 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
Rom 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Mat 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Mat 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Mat 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

LA

No offence but, your posts are worthless! Might be from a lack
of proper schooling? Or, some form of learning disability? I hope
I didn't hurt hurt your feelings but, someone had to make you
aware of your 'shortcomings?' I hope we're still friends?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I hope no one will be offended by anything LazyA has to say? You see,
he's a little slow. Hard to say why this is? I have my theories but, it's
best I keep them to myself at this time? At least he tries! Have patience
with him, please?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I feel sorry for people such as LA. They try to fit in but, sooner or
later people around them notice their, intellectual deficiencies! It's
really sad! I try my best to help him out but, it's really draining on
my patience! Please try and make him and others, such as Meshak
feel more welcome here? As, LetsArgue would say, well you know
what he says, even if he doesn't?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yesterday, LazyA wanted to know where I live? Well, considering he
has, on several occasions, 'predicted' that I will end up getting
decapitated, you'll understand why I was a little apprehensive
giving out that information? So, I won't be answering those kinds of,
personal information on the Internet!

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned
what is an EVANGELICAL?

Why am I not surprised that a catholic doesn't understand what 'evangelical' means :rolleyes:

Evangelical-
of or according to the teaching of the gospel or the Christian religion.

Sola Scriptura, in other words, because the synonyms for 'evangelical' are 'biblical' and 'fundamentalist'

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Why am I not surprised that a catholic doesn't understand what 'evangelical' means :rolleyes:

Evangelical-
of or according to the teaching of the gospel or the Christian religion.

Sola Scriptura, in other words, because the synonyms for 'evangelical' are 'biblical' and 'fundamentalist'

do you consider it a denomination?

are there evangelical churches?