Online Prayer Requests

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I need prayer that the Lord gives me wisdom on what to do next.

Uncontrollable blood pressure for years now. 200+/115+ or 40/50 and obviously end up in the ER.
None of the BP meds help, they raise my BP and all lowers my heart beat but not the BP (which doctors can't figure out why).

Praise the Lord for all faithful ones who are always going boldly to the throne of grace in times of need.

Thank you for helping me pray.

Praying with you that doctors are given extraordinary wisdom to come up with a solution to your medical problem. May God give you peace

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Father,

We lift up JR to You in prayer today. We thank you for his testimony and love of the gospel and truth.
You are the God of all reconciliation and power. You care for your people in ways that constantly bring praise to our lips. We know that no difficulty is beyond your ability to make right and we ask for intervention according to Your mercy and loving kindness.
May Your Name be praised in heaven and earth.
In Jesus name.
Amen

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Father,

We lift up JR to You in prayer today. We thank you for his testimony and love of the gospel and truth.
You are the God of all reconciliation and power. You care for your people in ways that constantly bring praise to our lips. We know that no difficulty is beyond your ability to make right and we ask for intervention according to Your mercy and loving kindness.
May Your Name be praised in heaven and earth.
In Jesus name.
Amen
That was lovely, George.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
In Christ alone, who took on flesh,
fullness of God in helpless Babe!
This gift of love and righteousness,
scorned by the ones He came to save.
'Til on the cross as Jesus died, the
wrath of God was satisfied.
For ev'ry sin on Him was laid; here in
the death of Christ I live.

sirayuk

Please pray to my country Cameroon because youths have taken the lead in alcohol abusive consumption.
a55641b9eede49e9d096e01a441f5615.jpg
766a6cfa4132b8d77dc17fce7b4d5024.jpg

Sent from my S952 using Tapatalk

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Father,

We pray for that continent whose heart is dark and demonized. We thank You for your many servants who are there and teach the Good News of Jesus Christ. Many are still being martyred for their testimony.

Thank You for our brother Sirayuk in Cameroon. We ask you to guide him, protect him, and lead him to those who are thirsty for God's Word.

We pray for the young people of that country to awaken to God and His purpose for their lives. May they love their families and be filled with ambition and direction for themselves and their country. We pray for their leadership, with other countries, to wipe Boko Haram from the face of Africa forever.

In Jesus' name, Amen

sirayuk

Father,

We pray for that continent whose heart is dark and demonized. We thank You for your many servants who are there and teach the Good News of Jesus Christ. Many are still being martyred for their testimony.

Thank You for our brother Sirayuk in Cameroon. We ask you to guide him, protect him, and lead him to those who are thirsty for God's Word.

We pray for the young people of that country to awaken to God and His purpose for their lives. May they love their families and be filled with ambition and direction for themselves and their country. We pray for their leadership, with other countries, to wipe Boko Haram from the face of Africa forever.

In Jesus' name, Amen
Amen

Sent from my S952 using Tapatalk

Sharri

Hello Everyone, it has been a while. I believe I was on here after my Dad had passed and since then I have been bitten by grief. My boyfriend/Fiance passed away last year unexpectedly and let me say it totally stinks. I hope I can get back on here and get back into the swing of things. Please keep me in your prayers to keep being strong.

Thanks,
Sharri

Danoh

Hello Everyone, it has been a while. I believe I was on here after my Dad had passed and since then I have been bitten by grief. My boyfriend/Fiance passed away last year unexpectedly and let me say it totally stinks. I hope I can get back on here and get back into the swing of things. Please keep me in your prayers to keep being strong.

Thanks,
Sharri

This helps.

Big time...

Years ago, I found myself in the midst of a personally powerful negative emotional storm that threatened to cripple me, should I allow it to.

Right then and there I made a decision to keep my mind focused on what can be the Believer's reality, no matter what might cone his or her way, if he or she will simply determine to keep his or her heart (mind) REPEATEDLY focused on the following.

And that is what I did - I DETERMINED to REPEATEDLY STAY focused on THE ABSOLUTE FACT of how THAT...

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Didn't solve my circumstances.

But I'd not been after that.

I'd been after being able to soon say 'it is well with my soul...'

Sometime, later, while fellowshipping with a famous Evangelist at his home, his wife walked in to inform him someone was on the phone with news about someone who had committed suicide.

At which point, he excused himself for a minute - but just before he left the room, he said to me "I've never understood how someone who knows the Lord, can ever...be depressed."

I understood exactly what he meant.

Because Romans 5:6-8.

:thumb:

lifeisgood

Praying with you that doctors are given extraordinary wisdom to come up with a solution to your medical problem. May God give you peace

Was in the ER about a month ago with BP 250/130. They tried a couple of different meds, one almost killed me, the other did not do anything. They assumed that it was the medicine that was causing the BP uncontrollability. More than a year in this particular med and every time I told the doctor the BP was high he kept on increasing the meds.

Doctor said I had to stay in the hospital for observation.

By the infinite grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary, I am still here. Was able to testify to one of the nurses and clear up a couple of questions she had. One other nurse told me her husband (39 years old) has heart problems and uncontrollable BP and they have not been able to figure it out either. He has had a couple of heart attacks. I told her that every time I remember her (for the life of me I do not asked her name; however, the Lord knows her) I would pray for her and her family. I am asking that when you remember, you also pray for her and her situation. Thank you.

I have been put in another med, it is better, but still get into the 200s all of a sudden without doing anything.

Went to heart doctor and he said, 'this is not a heart problem', but he gives me BP meds anyway.

I have so much to be thankful for though, starting with I am saved and only good things after that no matter the circumstances.

Thank you all for your prayers.

Just a little update for those wondering.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Just a little update for those wondering.

I was wondering! Thanks for the update.
I believe this problem will be solved.

"Father, we thank You for the knowledge, by Your Spirit, that our problems are small compared to what You have done for us. Nevertheless You have asked us to make requests according to our heart's desire. We ask to see this delicate balance of life restored to our brother for Your glory and we wait upon You for it. Bless those who dedicate their lives to helping others and bless this nurse and her family according to Your riches in glory by Christ."

A person I know who has been stricken with Parkinsons has had an awful time with certain doctors. Her case was exacerbated by a colon infection and a urinary tract infection, chronic illnesses that went undetected for years making treatment impossible. She is now much, much better. It just points out that any doctor can miss things.
Don't give up. There will be a solution. You may have to do some digging on your own.

Blessings

lifeisgood

New prayer request for a friend. A couple of years ago (approximately) she had a real bad skiing accident in Italy. She was standing at the bottom of the trail and someone else bumped her so bad breaking her leg, her arm, her hand. She was operated in Italy, came back home, and have been having problems with her leg. Six months ago (don't remember how it started) she went to a doctor in Boston and the doctor said that she needed to have the leg fixed because what they did in Italy was not the right thing for the amount of damage to her leg (they simply put a metal bar with screws and the weight was being carried over the screws which were bent and about to break), her bones did not heal at all. She is in her 70s.

She did have her operation last week (she said she felt so much better) and she just called me to say that she received bad news and when I asked her, she said that she has a bacteria (didn't tell me which one) probably about a year in her leg and that is the reason why her leg is so red and inflamed and not looking good because probably the operation spread it. Don't know how to really explain it.

She is not a Christian, however, I know that the sun shines on the just and the unjust and I know that nothing that happens goes to waste with the Lord and He will bring this to His glory somehow. We have started a prayer chain around here.

I ask the Lord that His will be done, that He reveals Himself to her, and that she accepts Him and what He did at the Cross of Calvary for her, that she puts her trust in Him and Him alone.

Thank you for all those who will pray and boldly go into the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need and Him in His infinite mercy reach her and brings her to Him.

=====

On my side, I continue with the BP problems. It does not matter if I take BP meds or not. I told my doctor that I would stop all BP meds because I do not believe it is helping me but harming. The BP still goes high all of a sudden, even when I am sleeping and it wakes me up, but it has not reach the 200s+ as with the BP meds. I believe that I had the retina detachment because of the BP meds at that time. I need to travel next year, however, I am concerned that with this BP will not be able to do so. Very frustrating. Thank you all for all your prayers. May the Lord bless you, protect you, guard you of all the wiles of the enemy, and may He be glorified by our attitude toward Him while we go through trying times.

Last edited:

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
New prayer request for a friend. A couple of years ago (approximately) she had a real bad skiing accident in Italy. She was standing at the bottom of the trail and someone else bumped her so bad breaking her leg, her arm, her hand. She was operated in Italy, came back home, and have been having problems with her leg. Six months ago (don't remember how it started) she went to a doctor in Boston and the doctor said that she needed to have the leg fixed because what they did in Italy was not the right thing for the amount of damage to her leg (they simply put a metal bar with screws and the weight was being carried over the screws which were bent and about to break), her bones did not heal at all. She is in her 70s.

She did have her operation last week (she said she felt so much better) and she just called me to say that she received bad news and when I asked her, she said that she has a bacteria (didn't tell me which one) probably about a year in her leg and that is the reason why her leg is so red and inflamed and not looking good because probably the operation spread it. Don't know how to really explain it.

She is not a Christian, however, I know that the sun shines on the just and the unjust and I know that nothing that happens goes to waste with the Lord and He will bring this to His glory somehow. We have started a prayer chain around here.

I ask the Lord that His will be done, that He reveals Himself to her, and that she accepts Him and what He did at the Cross of Calvary for her, that she puts her trust in Him and Him alone.

Thank you for all those who will pray and boldly go into the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need and Him in His infinite mercy reach her and brings her to Him.

=====

On my side, I continue with the BP problems. It does not matter if I take BP meds or not. I told my doctor that I would stop all BP meds because I do not believe it is helping me but harming. The BP still goes high all of a sudden, even when I am sleeping and it wakes me up, but it has not reach the 200s+ as with the BP meds. I believe that I had the retina detachment because of the BP meds at that time. I need to travel next year, however, I am concerned that with this BP will not be able to do so. Very frustrating. Thank you all for all your prayers. May the Lord bless you, protect you, guard you of all the wiles of the enemy, and may He be glorified by our attitude toward Him while we go through trying times.

Thanks for the update on your health. Just as a shot in the dark...are you allergic to, or have a sensitivity to, monosodium glutamate? I have realized that this toxic substance very much affects my BP and can trigger hypertension in some people. When I was younger I had an experience after having a dinner at a Texas steakhouse. About 3 in the morning I woke up with a racing heartbeat, nervousness, and sweats. I almost called 911 because I thought I was having a heart attack.
During the next few weeks I tried to make sense of it. I then remembered watching the chefs at the open barbecue pit cooking the steaks. (It was the best and tenderest I had ever tasted). They were using large salt shaking cans to liberally coat the cooking meat. This did not make sense to me because I know that meat usually turns tough when salted during cooking. I finally found out it wasn't salt; they were using tenderizer! Monosodium glutamate!
From then on I watched myself closely when I had potato chips or Chinese food. Sure enough, the same symptoms (hypertension) but milder depending on the quantity. Now I make sure I have none as best I can. Although, I know the industry can hide it too. Check out the web for ways it is hidden in the foods we eat.

Blessings to you and prayers for your friend.
George

lifeisgood

Thanks for the update on your health. Just as a shot in the dark...are you allergic to, or have a sensitivity to, monosodium glutamate? I have realized that this toxic substance very much affects my BP and can trigger hypertension in some people. When I was younger I had an experience after having a dinner at a Texas steakhouse. About 3 in the morning I woke up with a racing heartbeat, nervousness, and sweats. I almost called 911 because I thought I was having a heart attack.
During the next few weeks I tried to make sense of it. I then remembered watching the chefs at the open barbecue pit cooking the steaks. (It was the best and tenderest I had ever tasted). They were using large salt shaking cans to liberally coat the cooking meat. This did not make sense to me because I know that meat usually turns tough when salted during cooking. I finally found out it wasn't salt; they were using tenderizer! Monosodium glutamate!
From then on I watched myself closely when I had potato chips or Chinese food. Sure enough, the same symptoms (hypertension) but milder depending on the quantity. Now I make sure I have none as best I can. Although, I know the industry can hide it too. Check out the web for ways it is hidden in the foods we eat.

Blessings to you and prayers for your friend.
George

Thank you George, I didn't think about it. Yes, I am sensitive to Monosodium glutamate. But, 90% of my food is cooked from scratch at home. I haven't gone out to eat in such a long time I don't even remember when was the last time I went out. I will definitely check to see the different names for Monosodium glutamate and include it in my list of items to check. I know immediately when something contains sucralose, even when it does not show in the label because I get black outs (literally everything goes black), can't see, can't talk, etc. People don't realize that to make sucralose they use two chlorine molecule. It is frightening. Thank you for your prayers.

lifeisgood

UPDATE: My friend called me a couple of days ago and said she had her first visit after the operation and the doctor said he is very happy with her progress. Her fever is gone, the color of her leg is getting better, and it seems that she is in much better spirits.

UPDATE for ME: I seem to have been able to find a couple of natural remedies that seem to be working with my BP. BP not as bad as it has been for the past 10 years. I told my doctor I refused to take any more BP meds because they were not helping but harming me. Three different BP meds sent me to the ER with totally uncontrollable BP. Stopped particular BP regulates a bit before body getting used to next BP and next ER visit. I'll see what will happen from now on. Will keep you posted. If I have not come and said anything, it is because I am testing and really cannot say that I have found a solution, but I am so thankful to our Father in Heaven and Lord Jesus Christ for protecting me until this now.

Thank you, all of you, for boldly going into the throne of grace and pleading on my behalf. I continue to pray for all of you.

Praise God for His goodness!

lifeisgood

UPDATE: My friend is home and she is very happy with her operation. She said she can feel the difference from the previous one and progressing very well.

UPDATE FOR ME: Still having BP spikes, however, not as bad as previously. Need prayers for traveling mercies. Have to travel no later than this week for sort of a emergency and am a little anxious over it. I know the Lord has everything under control and that all is well, so, why does the body does not agree with my brain and my heart. Thank you all for your prayers on my behalf.

Hope all have had a wonderful Merry Christmas and wish for all of you a wonderful, prosperous, healthy 2019. Happy New Year!