Online Prayer Requests

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have no excuse for lack of participation of late, health kind of curtails some activity on the I-Net and PC work, it has to with sitting up for long periods of time. The Bronchiectasis that has developed since January is the biggest problem, the best I can do is to prevent flare ups.

I'll be very in and out this week, kind of like once a day here at TOL, in the morning more than likely.

There are somethings that I/we need to take of and we'll be with our daughter Patricia, as she helps work our way through the maze of the choice is yours type stuff, like driving and the possible TIA'S, I may have had some TIA's mini strokes; dealing with some lungs issues, and future treatment and possibly removing the lower left lung or the whole left lung, no it's not a cancerous issue, the left lung capacity is worse the the right and the left lung function is like it's just there taking up room, the Pulmo Dr thinks that if there would be a partial or complete removal of the left lung, my quality of life may improve by maybe 50% more active, and less lung exacerbations. This stuff should be settled by Friday.

Thanks for your prayers in advance.

Psalmist and Mrs Psalmist

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
My continued prayers are with you. May the Lord bless you and may He make His face shine upon you and Mrs Psalmist.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Aimiel

Bonnie is doing well and Bill has recovered speech and is walking (with a walker). Thanks for continuing to pray! :thumb:

Praying for Psalmist and Violet. =)

IMJerusha

I have no excuse for lack of participation of late, health kind of curtails some activity on the I-Net and PC work, it has to with sitting up for long periods of time. The Bronchiectasis that has developed since January is the biggest problem, the best I can do is to prevent flare ups.

I'll be very in and out this week, kind of like once a day here at TOL, in the morning more than likely.

There are somethings that I/we need to take of and we'll be with our daughter Patricia, as she helps work our way through the maze of the choice is yours type stuff, like driving and the possible TIA'S, I may have had some TIA's mini strokes; dealing with some lungs issues, and future treatment and possibly removing the lower left lung or the whole left lung, no it's not a cancerous issue, the left lung capacity is worse the the right and the left lung function is like it's just there taking up room, the Pulmo Dr thinks that if there would be a partial or complete removal of the left lung, my quality of life may improve by maybe 50% more active, and less lung exacerbations. This stuff should be settled by Friday.

This is a surgery my Mom had to have. She did very well after it but recovery took time. I understand the choices you are facing. I will keep you and the Mrs. in thought and prayer!

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Driving. I get a driving evaluation in late January 2014, for now I need to be very aware of my surroundings and travel to far from home for now, if I have to give up driving, that wiil be no problem, and when I do there'll be no more of the car ownership.

Now for the lung reduction/removal evaluation.
Cost of lung reduction or removal $27,000-$30,000.
Plus 10-14 days hospital stay for recovery, $1800-$2100 per day.
I'll know more Monday afternoon, but the Pulmuo Dr suspects that a lung reduction may be the best as long as it will not begin to over work the the right lung, that can be determined with a full pulmonary function test.

Aimiel

Praying. God will help you and your doctor decide what is best. God bless and keep you, my friend. =)

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
... dealing with some lungs issues, and future treatment and possibly removing the lower left lung or the whole left lung, no it's not a cancerous issue, the left lung capacity is worse the the right and the left lung function is like it's just there taking up room, the Pulmo Dr thinks that if there would be a partial or complete removal of the left lung, my quality of life may improve by maybe 50% more active, and less lung exacerbation's. This stuff should be settled by Friday

This past Monday and today.

Well here's the deal...

There'll be be no partial or complete lung removal. The Pulmo Dr belives there is nothing to gain from such a procedure.

The left lung is at 15% capacity, with a every so often lung infection that goes with Bronchiectasis, those episodes are cleared by a sulfur antibiotics. The right lung is 75% capacity and is working fairly well except for the emphysema (both lungs) damage. Pulse-Ox on room air is 93-94% and not too bad, I'm still on night o2 because of chronic Co2 retention, Co2 retention can have an overnight terminal effective.

Overall it's okay, some days breathing is better than others, and 3-4 a day nebulizings helps to take care of that as well as Advair twice a day.

Well there I am, none the worse for wear, living one day at a time.

Thank you all for your kindness, encouragement and prayerful support.

Psalmist

IMJerusha

This past Monday and today.

Well here's the deal...

There'll be be no partial or complete lung removal. The Pulmo Dr belives there is nothing to gain from such a procedure.

The left lung is at 15% capacity, with a every so often lung infection that goes with Bronchiectasis, those episodes are cleared by a sulfur antibiotics. The right lung is 75% capacity and is working fairly well except for the emphysema (both lungs) damage. Pulse-Ox on room air is 93-94% and not too bad, I'm still on night o2 because of chronic Co2 retention, Co2 retention can have an overnight terminal effective.

Overall it's okay, some days breathing is better than others, and 3-4 a day nebulizings helps to take care of that as well as Advair twice a day.

Well there I am, none the worse for wear, living one day at a time.

Thank you all for your kindness, encouragement and prayerful support.

Psalmist

I'm sorry, Brother. I will continue to hold you both in prayer.

LKmommy

Please pray for my mother, who was diagnosed with cancer two months ago. She has begun chemotherapy but the treatments are hitting her very hard physically, mentally, and emotionally. Please also include the family members who are by her side, who tirelessly care for her and endure her anger and wish for death.

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
Please pray for my mother, who was diagnosed with cancer two months ago. She has begun chemotherapy but the treatments are hitting her very hard physically, mentally, and emotionally. Please also include the family members who are by her side, who tirelessly care for her and endure her anger and wish for death.

I'm so sorry you're family is going through such a difficult time. My prayers are with all of you.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TOL App mobile app

IMJerusha

I'm sorry this is happening, LK. I will pray for strength for your Mom and that God brings healing to her. I will pray for you and for everyone caring for her.

bybee

I'm praying for you and your mother and family.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Prayers for you all

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Last Thursday I had a Pulmo/Sleep Dr appt, and told him that I tend to start jerking about 8 at night and and through the night when I go to bed, bedtime with out knowing it, so he Rx'd Pramipexole 0.5mg so I could sleep through the night, then he said I needed to see my PCP and Neurologist about what might be going on. I spent about 4 hours with my PCP and a Neurologist today, it's the beginnings of Parkinson's, a very slow beginning. While there is much to learn and understand, it's not the end of the world. The only change in treatment for now is I may have to take the Pramipexole 0.5mg twice a day to become more stable and keep the jerking under control.

Thanks for your prayers ... Psalmist and Mrs Psalmist​

Last edited: