One easy question

daqq

There was another time in history a huge event occured which prompted celebrations...after the Red Sea parted to save Israel

That day is the Atzeret-Exodion of Passover-Unleavened Bread, the feast of the seventh day, the same day which the "Sea of the End" was parted, (Yam Suph or Yam Soph, Sea of "Reed(s)", "Red(like blood)", or "End"). The same is called by some, "the feast of Messiah", and for good reason, for the Exodion, (LXX), is the old time custom called the Release, (which eventually came to include the custom of releasing one prisoner by the time of the early first century).

clefty

Clefty, we will have to disagree.

Putting yourself under the Law is its own punishment.

Not putting myself under the Law...but under Christ...not my fault that causes me to desire to be more like Him and less than the world...its the Father drawing me to Him...His way...I do this not to earn salvation but because He saved me...its His working in me to do His work to glorify Him

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Catholicism regarding the Sabbath[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Different statements made by Catholic clergy regarding the Sabbath. Here are some quotes with their sources:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

"It was the Catholic church which...has transferred this rest to Sunday in remembrance of the resurrection of our Lord. Therefore the observance of Sunday by the Protestants is an homage they pay, in spite of themselves, to the authority of the (Catholic) church." Monsignor Louis Segur, Plain Talk About Protestantism of Today, p. 213.

"Sunday is our mark of authority...the church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact." Catholic Record of London, Ontario, September 1, 1923.

"Perhaps the boldest thing, the most revolutionary change the Church ever did, happened in the first century. The holy day, the Sabbath, was changed from Saturday to Sunday. 'The day of the Lord' was chosen, not from any direction noted in the scriptures, but from the Catholic church's sense of its own power...People who think that the scriptures should be the sole authority, should logically become 7th Day Adventists, and keep Saturday holy." St. Catherine Church Sentinel, Algonac, Michigan, May 21, 1995.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Do you pay homage to the Catholics by keeping a Sunday Sabbath?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 31:17-16[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Romans 9:6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 12:17[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 14:12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 22:14[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and may enter in through the gates into the city. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]True and False Disciples[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Matthew 7:21[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me you evildoers!’ [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]God's will is that we keep His commands.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 5:19[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have noticed that Matthew 5:19 is not correctly translated. The word (THESE) follows the word (commands) in the original text. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“of these” should read “of the” ( TWN / TON ) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“These” is referring to people, not the commands. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5130[/FONT][FONT=&quot] / toutwn / touton: genitive case plural masculine or neuter of outoV - houtos [/FONT][FONT=&quot]3778[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; of (from or concerning) these (persons or things):--such, their, these (things), they, this sort, those.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]See Matthew 5:19 link:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/Greek_Index.htm[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 5:19[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands, and teaches others accordingly, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is how Matthew 5:19 should read:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of the commands, and those teaching others accordingly, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]For the love of God keep the Sabbath.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Matthew 7:21[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Luke 6:46
And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

John 15:10
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Exodus 20:8
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Holy Father, I pray that these things weigh heavy on their minds and hearts. Amen![/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Sabbath Judaizers [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
The Council of Laodicea of around 365 AD decreed 59 laws, #29:
"Christians must not judaize by resting on the Sabbath, but must work on that day, rather honoring the Lord's Day; and, if they can, resting then as Christians. But if any shall be found to be judaizers, let them be anathema from Christ."

Pisidian Antioch in the Roman Empire
Acts 13
13 From Paphos, Paul and his companions sailed to Perga in Pamphylia, where John left them to return to Jerusalem. 14 From Perga they went on to Pisidian Antioch. On the Sabbath they entered the synagogue and sat down. 15 After the reading from the Law and the Prophets, the leaders of the synagogue sent word to them, saying, “Brothers, if you have a word of exhortation for the people, please speak.”16 Standing up, Paul motioned with his hand and said: “Fellow Israelites and you Gentiles who worship God, listen to me!

44 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. 45 When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy. They began to contradict what Paul was saying and heaped abuse on him.
46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: “We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

The first Gentile converts kept the Sabbath, and so therefore it was not an issue.

The biblical term "proselyte" is an anglicization of the Koine Greek term προσήλυτος/proselytos, as used in the Greek Old Testament for "stranger", i.e. a "newcomer to Israel"; a "sojourner in the land", and in the Greek New Testament for a first century convert to Judaism, generally from Ancient Greek religion. It is a translation of the Biblical Hebrew phrase [/FONT][FONT=&quot]גר[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]תושב[/FONT][FONT=&quot]/ ger toshav.

Judaize

YLT

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Galatians 2:14[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
But when I saw that they are not walking uprightly to the truth of the good news, I said to Peter before all, `If thou, being a Jew, in the manner of the nations dost live, and not in the manner of the Jews, how the nations dost thou compel to Judaize?

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Galatians 2:14[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
But when I saw that they were not walking uprightly according to the truth of the good news, I said to Peter before everyone, If you, being a Jew live in the manner of the nations, and not in the manner of the Jews, then how will you compel the nations to Judaize?[/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Colossians 2:16-17
New International Version (NIV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When the disciples stopped participating in those things they were unfavorably judged. The followers of Yahshua stopped those practices after the stoning of Stephen. The "shadow of the things that were to come" is the "Pharisees yeast." The "reality found in Christ" is this:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[FONT=&quot]Daniel 9:27[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He will confirm a covenant[/FONT] with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ [FONT=&quot]he will put an end to sacrifice and offering.[/FONT]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The followers of Christ continued to keep the seventh day Sabbath at each others house.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[FONT=&quot]Acts 11:19[/FONT]
Now [FONT=&quot]those who had been scattered by the persecution that broke out when Stephen was killed[/FONT] traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus and Antioch, spreading the word only among Jews.

[FONT=&quot]Acts 5:42[/FONT]
Day after day, in the temple courts and from [FONT=&quot]house to house[/FONT], they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.

[FONT=&quot]Acts 8:3[/FONT]
But Saul began to destroy the church. Going from [FONT=&quot]house to house[/FONT], he dragged off both men and women and put them in prison.

[FONT=&quot]Acts 12:12[/FONT]
When this had dawned on him, [FONT=&quot]he went to the house of Mary[/FONT] the mother of John, also called Mark, [FONT=&quot]where many people had gathered[/FONT] and were praying.

[FONT=&quot]Acts 16:32[/FONT]
Then [FONT=&quot]they spoke the word of the Lord[/FONT] to him and to all the others [FONT=&quot]in his house.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Acts 20:20[/FONT]
You know that I have not hesitated to [FONT=&quot]preach[/FONT] anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from [FONT=&quot]house to house.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Romans 16:5[/FONT]
Greet also [FONT=&quot]the church that meets at their house.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1 Corinthians 16:19[/FONT]
The churches in the province of Asia send you greetings. Aquila and Priscilla greet you warmly in the Lord, and so does [FONT=&quot]the church that meets at their house.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Colossians 4:15[/FONT]
Give my greetings to the brothers and sisters at Laodicea, and to Nympha and[FONT=&quot] the church in her house.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Matthew 12 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lord of the Sabbath [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. At that time Yahshua went through the grain fields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry and began to pick some heads of grain and eat them. 2. When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him," Look! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. He answered, "Haven't you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? 4. He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread—which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests. 5. Or haven't you read in the Law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple desecrate the day and yet are innocent? 6. I tell you that one greater than the temple is here. 7. If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent. 8. For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath." [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Day of The Lord is Saturday according to Yahshua, and the disciples were not harvesting the field, but getting something to eat. Jesus said they were innocent of breaking the Sabbath commandment. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gleaning is harvesting what is left over. The disciples were passing through the field, and they took only what they were to eat then, and nothing more. For more would have been to be harvesting the field for the gleanings.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:8.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Revelation 10. On the Lord's Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, 11. which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea." [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Ezekiel 20:11. I gave them my decrees and made known to them my laws, for the man who obeys them will live by them. 12. Also I gave them my Sabbaths as a sign between us, so they would know that I the LORD made them holy.
13. " 'Yet the people of Israel rebelled against me in the desert. They did not follow my decrees but rejected my laws—although the man who obeys them will live by them—and they utterly desecrated my Sabbaths. So I said I would pour out my wrath on them and destroy them in the desert. 14. But for the sake of my name I did what would keep it from being profaned in the eyes of the nations in whose sight I had brought them out. 15. Also with uplifted hand I swore to them in the desert that I would not bring them into the land I had given them—a land flowing with milk and honey, most beautiful of all lands- 16. because they rejected my laws and did not follow my decrees and desecrated my Sabbaths. For their hearts were devoted to their idols. 17. Yet I looked on them with pity and did not destroy them or put an end to them in the desert. 18. I said to their children in the desert, "Do not follow the statutes of your fathers or keep their laws or defile yourselves with their idols. 19. I am the LORD your God; follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. 20. Keep my Sabbaths holy, that they may be a sign between us. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Isaiah 8:16. Bind up the testimony
and seal up the law among my disciples.
17. I will wait for the LORD,
who is hiding his face from the house of Jacob.
I will put my trust in him.
18. Here am I, and the children the LORD has given me. We are signs and symbols in Israel from the LORD Almighty, who dwells on Mount Zion. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Deut 6:6.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
6:8. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][Frontlets between your eyes, is your forehead, where your memory is.][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

And so we have the commandments as a sign on our right hand, and in our foreheads. This being the seal or mark of God, His commandments, then what is the mark of that beast [nation] in the right hand and forehead? The right hand symbolizes works, and in the forehead is our memory of what we think.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Matthew 12:3. He answered, "Haven't you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? 4. He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread—which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests. 5. Or haven't you read in the Law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple desecrate the day and yet are innocent? 6. I tell you that one greater than the temple is here. 7. If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent. 8. For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath." [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Since the disciples were only getting something to eat, and not harvesting the field, then they were innocent. I also see scripture that says that they went to the synagogue or each others house on the seventh day. And Paul after preaching on the seventh day also instructs Christians to gather on the first day to do some work. So where can I find this Sunday commandment. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Romans 9:6. It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. 7. Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham's children. On the contrary, "It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned." 8. In other words, it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring. 9. For this was how the promise was stated: "At the appointed time I will return, and Sarah will have a son." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Ephesians 2:11. Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (that done in the body by the hands of men)— 12. remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Ephesians 3:2. Surely you have heard about the administration of God's grace that was given to me for you, 3. that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4. In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5. which was not made known to men in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God's holy apostles and prophets. 6. This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

John 19:28. Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty." 29. A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus' lips. 30. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
31. Now it was the day of Preparation, and the next day was to be a special Sabbath[s.] Because the Jews did not want the bodies left on the crosses during the Sabbath[s,] they asked Pilate to have the legs broken and the bodies taken down. 32. The soldiers therefore came and broke the legs of the first man who had been crucified with Jesus, and then those of the other. 33. But when they came to Jesus and found that he was already dead, they did not break his legs. 34. Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus' side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water. 35. The man who saw it has given testimony, and his testimony is true. He knows that he tells the truth, and he testifies so that you also may believe. 36. These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: "Not one of his bones will be broken," 37. and, as another scripture says, "They will look on the one they have pierced."

The Burial of Jesus
38. Later, Joseph of Arimathea asked Pilate for the body of Jesus. Now Joseph was a disciple of Jesus, but secretly because he feared the Jews. With Pilate's permission, he came and took the body away. 39. He was accompanied by Nicodemus, the man who earlier had visited Jesus at night. Nicodemus brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about seventy-five pounds. 40. Taking Jesus' body, the two of them wrapped it, with the spices, in strips of linen. This was in accordance with Jewish burial customs. 41. At the place where Jesus was crucified, there was a garden, and in the garden a new tomb, in which no one had ever been laid. 42. Because it was the Jewish day of Preparation and since the tomb was nearby, they laid Jesus there. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Luke 23:55. The women who had come with Jesus from Galilee followed Joseph and saw the tomb and how his body was laid in it. 56. Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment. [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

The first day of the week is Sunday, but the first day of the week after the Sabbath is Monday. In keeping that commandment they did not go to attend Yahshua's grave on Sunday. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Before the lunar calendar was introduced in 167 BC, the Feast of Bread was always on the first day, Sunday. [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

The Feast of Bread. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Levticus 23:7.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] On the first day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Pope Gregory and Paganism[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The attitude of the Catholic Church toward paganism is best summed up by Pope Gregory the Great, in his words to a missionary: “You must not interfere with any traditional belief or religious observance that can be harmonized with Christianity.” [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Not only were the Congregations divided by Gnosticism, but enticed by philosophy and paganism also, and there were geographic divisions as well. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pope Gregory [/FONT][FONT=&quot]540 – 12 March 604. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What were the Pagan beliefs harmonized with Christianity? The answer can be found by comparing Orthodox Judaism to Paganism. [/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Cath[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] A sun god or goddess. The daughter or son of the sun. He / She was also a god or goddess of beginnings and the dawn, and was also shown rising from the ocean. Catha is from the Etruscan root cath-, meaning "the sun", and was also in use as a family name among the Etruscans in Italy. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Greek word "Katholikos" which now days means "universal" was first used to refer to the Church founded in 107AD by St.Ignatius of Antioch. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Long before Ignatius used the term Katholikos for the church, Cath was in use for the name of that god or goddess. Cath is where we get the word catheter and cathode ray. It is also from the word katholikos that the word "[/FONT][FONT=&quot]catholic[/FONT][FONT=&quot]" comes. St Ignatius wrote a letter to the Smyrnaeans in about the year 107 AD and used the word "catholic". So as you can see the Etruscan root cath-, meaning "the sun" was in use long before St Ignatius used it.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The suffix -ic:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Various ικος (-ikos) adjectives here correspond to many ic adjectives in English: e.g. polemics," "catholic," and "strategic" as examples. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Modern English[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]adjectival[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]suffix[/FONT][FONT=&quot] -ic was first seen as a suffix in English during the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Middle English[/FONT][FONT=&quot] period. It was borrowed in words from [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Old French[/FONT][FONT=&quot] '-ique', which came from [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Latin[/FONT][FONT=&quot] '-icus', which came ultimately from [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ancient Greek[/FONT][FONT=&quot] '-ικος (-ikos)'. There are some that contend that '-icus' was native to Latin and was [/FONT][FONT=&quot]cognate[/FONT][FONT=&quot] with rather than borrowed from Greek. The suffix -icus was very wide-spread by the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Classical Latin[/FONT][FONT=&quot] period in native words as well as in words derived from Greek. And again you can see that the suffix “ic” is part of the Latin and Greek.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the past and even these days Mary is worshipped as a sun goddess, and that is the reason for the halo and sun rays around her. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cath:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] An Etruscan deity, god and goddess, not well represented in the art. She appears in the expression ati cath, "Mother Cath" and also maru Cathsc, "the maru of Cath"; however, the nature of the maru is not known, but possibly could mean the "greatest." She is also called śech, "daughter," which seems to fit [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Martianus Capella[/FONT][FONT=&quot]'s identification of the ruler of Region VI of the sky as Celeritas solis filia, "Celerity the daughter of the sun." In the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Piacenza Liver[/FONT][FONT=&quot] the corresponding region is ruled by Cath. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[h=2][FONT=&quot]Ancient Greek[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/h] [h=3][FONT=&quot]Etymology[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/h] [FONT=&quot]ψυχή[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (psukhē, “breath, spirit”) +‎ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]-ικος[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (-ikos)[/FONT]
[h=3][FONT=&quot]Adjective[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/h] [FONT=&quot]ψυχικός[/FONT][FONT=&quot] m., [/FONT][FONT=&quot]ψυχική[/FONT][FONT=&quot] f., [/FONT][FONT=&quot]ψυχικόν[/FONT][FONT=&quot] n.; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]first[/FONT][FONT=&quot]/[/FONT][FONT=&quot]second declension[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; (psukhikos)[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]Pertaining to [/FONT][FONT=&quot]life[/FONT][FONT=&quot] or the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]soul[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[h=4][FONT=&quot]Revelation 12[/FONT][/h] [h=5][FONT=&quot]The Woman and the Dragon[/FONT][/h] [h=4][FONT=&quot]1[/FONT][FONT=&quot] A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. 2 She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. 3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. 4 Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born. 5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.” And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 6 The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days. [/FONT][/h] [h=4][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/h] [FONT=&quot]Enoch 89:5-6.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] I also cried out, and groaned in my sleep against the shepherd which overlooked the flock. 6. And I looked, while the sheep were eaten up by the dogs, by the eagles, and by the kites. They neither left them their body, nor their skin, nor their muscles, until their bones alone remained; until their bones fell [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]upon the ground. And the sheep became very few.[/FONT]

beameup

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, - Revelation 1:10

The day (feast) of Firstfruits was first day of the week (ie: Sunday) and the day of the Resurrection

God's Truth

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, - Revelation 1:10

The day (feast) of Firstfruits was first day of the week (ie: Sunday) and the day of the Resurrection

The day of the Lord will be when Jesus comes as a thief in the night. It will be at the resurrection of the dead and when the wrath on the world comes.

beameup

The day of the Lord will be when Jesus comes as a thief in the night. It will be at the resurrection of the dead and when the wrath on the world comes.

Behold, the day of the LORD is coming,
Cruel, with fury and burning anger,
To make the land a desolation;
And He will exterminate its sinners from it.
Isaiah 13:9

"The Lord's Day" is a day of rest and peace:
So when it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and when the doors were shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and said to them, “Peace be with you.” - John 20:19

God's Truth

Behold, the day of the LORD is coming,
Cruel, with fury and burning anger,
To make the land a desolation;
And He will exterminate its sinners from it.
Isaiah 13:9

"The Lord's Day" is a day of rest and peace:
So when it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and when the doors were shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and said to them, “Peace be with you.” - John 20:19

CherubRam

The Firstfruits offering was on the day after Unleavened Bread.

Unleavened Bread Firstfruits Sheaf Wave

Leviticus 23:6 On the fifteenth day of that month the Lord’s Festival of Unleavened Bread begins; for seven days you must eat bread made without yeast. 7 On the first day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work. 8 For seven days present a food offering to the Lord. And on the seventh day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work.’”
Offering the Firstfruits
9 The Lord said to Moses, 10 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘When you enter the land I am going to give you and you reap its harvest, bring to the priest a sheaf of the first grain you harvest. 11 He is to wave the sheaf before the Lord so it will be accepted on your behalf; the priest is to wave it on the day after the Sabbath.

Unleavened Bread was also a Sabbath Rest Day. Monday Firstfruits was offered.

CherubRam

Christ Is Firstfruits Of The Resurrection

The Feast of Unleavened Bread is a feast that is often mistaken for Passover. Passover is one 24 hour period, while the Feast of Unleavened Bread lasts for seven days. The Feast of Unleavened Bread is also a rest day where no work is to be done. That would also exclude attending a grave site to prepare a body on the Feast of Unleavened Bread. Passover was always on the Seventh Day of Rest, Preparation Day was always the day before, and the Feast of Unleavened Bread was always the day after the Sabbath Day of Rest and the Passover. A biblical definition of firstfruits would include the first of most anything that come from the ground or animals. The people would bring a ceremonial sheaf (bundle) of grain from the field, for the wave offering. The offering was a ceremonial bundle offering, and not a bringing of the harvest from the field, to the temple.

The biblical calendar is a 364 day a year calendar, which places the holidays on the same day of the week every year. When Christ was hung on the stake, both calendars were in use; the Biblical Calendar, and the Civil Hebrew Calendar. Which calendar do you think Christ and the disciples used; the Biblical Calendar, or the Civil Hebrew Calendar?

All three of these holidays involved firstfruit offerings at the Temple.

Passover was in the early spring, and it included firstfruits from the first harvest of barley.

Shavuot was in the late spring, and it included firstfruits from the wheat harvest. Among the many different offerings given, was a "wave offering" of two loaves of leavened bread. This was also a firstfruits offering.

Sukkot was in the fall, and it was the final harvest which included firstfruits of olives and grapes.

The feast day of Unleavened Bread was always on a Sunday when using the Biblical Calendar. That particular Sunday was also a REST DAY where no work was to be done. The women would not have attended his body that day because it was against the law.

Luke 23:56
Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment.

The Passover and the Festival of Unleavened Bread

Exodus 12:16
On the first day hold a sacred assembly, and another one on the seventh day. Do no work at all on these days, except to prepare food for everyone to eat; that is all you may do.

1 Corinthians 15:20
But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.

1 Corinthians 15:23
But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.

The Firstfruits offering was on the day after Unleavened Bread.

Unleavened Bread Firstfruits Sheaf Wave

Leviticus 23:6 On the fifteenth day of that month the Lord’s Festival of Unleavened Bread begins; for seven days you must eat bread made without yeast. 7 On the first day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work. 8 For seven days present a food offering to the Lord. And on the seventh day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work.’”
Offering the Firstfruits
9 The Lord said to Moses, 10 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘When you enter the land I am going to give you and you reap its harvest, bring to the priest a sheaf of the first grain you harvest. 11 He is to wave the sheaf before the Lord so it will be accepted on your behalf; the priest is to wave it on the day after the Sabbath.

Passover Sabbath
Mark 16:1
When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of Jacob, and Salome, they (had / AIT) bought spices so that they might go to anoint Yahshua's body.

Luke 23:56
Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandments.

Luke 24:1
On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb.
The word "day" is not in the original text.

John 19:40
Taking Yahshua’s’ body, the two of them wrapped it, with the spices, in strips of linen. This was in accordance with Jewish burial customs.

Christ resurrection was the first part of the week, not the first day.

Resurrection

The first day of the week to the Jews is Sunday. The first day of the week to the Romans was Monday. The first day of the week after the two holy days is Monday. The seventh day Sabbath was about to begin when Christ died on the stake.

Matthew 28:1
After the Sabbath, [plural] at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.

"first day of the week" According to who or what? If Matthew 28 is addressing Romans, then it may mean Monday. And if it is speaking of being after the holy days of rest, then that also would be Monday. That Saturday and Sunday were both holy days. It was against biblical law for the women to attend Christ grave that Sunday.

In Satan worship Sunday is his day. The Sabbath of the lord was Sunday. Satan was also called lord, and Sunday was his day. Just a trivial note.
Scripture says "three days" and "three nights." There is no doubt from what is written that Christ died just before sundown on Friday the 13th. Three days and three nights from Friday before sundown would be:

Night 1 - Friday night
Day 1 - Saturday
Night 2 Saturday night
Day 2 - Sunday
Night 3 - Sunday night
Day 3 - Monday

Putting the resurrection at Monday before sundown.

Firstfruits was observed the third day after Passover and the second day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread.

The resurrection was the first part of the week, not the first day.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Sabbath use to be Saturday. However, an event happened in history that was enough for a large sector of society to change to Sunday. That event, the resurrection of Jesus Christ which occurred on the first day of the week.

As per the law.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Feast of Unleavened Bread is a feast that is often mistaken for Passover. Passover is one 24 hour period, while the Feast of Unleavened Bread lasts for seven days.

"Now the Feast of Unleavened Bread drew near, which is called Passover." (Luke 22:1)

Why was the Feast of Unleavened Bread called Passover?

"In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, you shall observe the Passover, a feast of seven days; unleavened bread shall be eaten.(Ezekiel 45:21)

CherubRam

"Now the Feast of Unleavened Bread drew near, which is called Passover." (Luke 22:1)

Why was the Feast of Unleavened Bread called Passover?

"In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, you shall observe the Passover, a feast of seven days; unleavened bread shall be eaten.(Ezekiel 45:21)

Passover was called Unleavened Bread also, because the people would stop eating leavened bread before Passover began. After Passover, the next day, they would begin eating the feast of Unleavened Bread.

Here is how the last part of Ezekiel should read for English.
And for seven days the feast of Unleavened Bread shall be eaten.

Hebrew does not always translate well into English.