Once saved NOT necessarily always saved.

glorydaz

Funny that Paul never considered it a finished work in his lifetime.

Phil 3
12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Funny how Paul entertained the possibility he could become a castaway, yet you don't.

1 Corinthians 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Castaway? Paul was speaking of his ministry, and his rewards....his work of preaching the Gospel....not salvation. Why do you refuse to read all of what is written. Certainly you would see if you but read it. Salvation is a GIFT...not a reward or a prize. We can work for the latter but never for salvation.

This is what happens when you jerk verses from their context. If you look for loss you will find it in the most unlikely places. Such as you have done here. :nono:

1 Cor. 9:16-19
For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me. What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel. For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.​

iouae

You are so busy trying to explain away your salvation, why not try to explain your salvation to us?

I sleep soundly every night secure in my salvation.
I guess I feel exactly like you.

God wants guests He can spend eternity with.
That is a long time to spend with a jackass.

So I think God has a pretty strict vetting process.

If folks lose interest in Him, or go after some other religion, or love this life so much they forget about Him, then they will not be allowed into eternity, no matter how enthusiastically they start out.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

If folks lose interest in Him, or go after some other religion, or love this life so much they forget about Him, then they will not be allowed into eternity, no matter how enthusiastically they start out.
If he were to allow them in, wouldn't that make heaven hell? Lk 16:19-31

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

What do you believe is the purpose of the second resurrection?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Luke 8

5 A sower went out to sow his seed: ...

6 And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture.

9 And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be?

11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Those that wither away are those who, having believed fall away.

And for any seed that germinates and withers away, THAT'S IT.

Is Christ speaking to those saved by His death on the cross before it happened?

iouae

First of all, this new Jerusalem exists only in the spiritual dimension commonly referred to as heaven.

Secondly, a city is made up of people, in this case people who can't die.

Exactly. We are living stones allegorically/metaphorically.

I don't know exactly what our relationship with God for all eternity will be described as, but here is what it will not be....
...like a modern spoilt child who gets his own way.
...like a modern spoilt wife who gets her own way.
...like an employee.
...like a slave.
...like a sheep or pet.

We will be like obedient children under authority, going where we are sent and doing what we are told with a good attitude. We will cooperate at all time out of respect for God. We will retain free will, but we will voluntarily subject this to God increasingly completely, till we become an extension of Christ's. That is where faith comes in. To do what one is told as in the military, with faith that those above you know better. In God's case He does.

glorydaz

Just as I expected. You are secure, because you consider yourself better than any of the others who have been created IN CHRIST JESUS. Is that right?

Like what? Seeing into the hearts of man, perhaps? Is God not able to tell if someone is just claiming to believe and trust in Him and is not fully persuaded? And what happens after that "strict vetting" of our hearts? Does He not begin a good work in us....conforming us into His image? Is He not able to complete that work in us? :think:

You're giving yourself way too much credit. Our being conformed is HIS WORK, and HE will get all the glory. "Faithful is HE....who will also do it." Stop boasting in how faithful you are....boasting is excluded by the LAW of Faith. You are KEPT and do not keep yourself. Please address these two verses and tell me what you're able to boast in.

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

iouae

If he were to allow them in, wouldn't that make heaven hell? Lk 16:19-31

Exactly.

We all know someone who was on fire for God and now no longer care.
Why would God spend eternity with those who care nothing for Him any more, or who now are hostile or critical of Him? Would you or I want to? No.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. (Revelation 21:22 NKJV)​

Not related to the topic. A new heaven and a new earth come after. The question remains.

iouae

Just as I expected. You are secure, because you consider yourself better than any of the others who have been created IN CHRIST JESUS. Is that right?

Like what? Seeing into the hearts of man, perhaps? Is God not able to tell if someone is just claiming to believe and trust in Him and is not fully persuaded? And what happens after that "strict vetting" of our hearts? Does He not begin a good work in us....conforming us into His image? Is He not able to complete that work in us? :think:

You're giving yourself way too much credit. Our being conformed is HIS WORK, and HE will get all the glory. "Faithful is HE....who will also do it." Stop boasting in how faithful you are....boasting is excluded by the LAW of Faith. You are KEPT and do not keep yourself. Please address these two verses and tell me what you're able to boast in.

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Everyone knows someone who was on fire for God and now is not.
Do you?

Now you will play this trump card that they were never saved in the first place.

I will say they were, as much as you or I are, but they, for reasons the Bible lists, have fallen out of love with God. It happens in marriages. It happens in friendships.

Get a person in mind such as I mentioned and you know that they were the one sown on the rocks, who were enthusiastic, and then lost it. We are responsible for keeping our relationship with God going. We can decide to pray or not, believe or not, go to church or not, respond to urgings to do good or not. To deny this is to be a large flightless bird.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Everyone knows someone who was on fire for God and now is not.
So you are judging them instead of allowing God to do it?

Now you will play this trump card that they were never saved in the first place.

Depends, if they are saying their works saved them and then that happened, you bet i would say they were never saved in the first place, since they are trusting their actions instead of His.

I will say they were, as much as you or I are, but they, for reasons the Bible lists, have fallen out of love with God. It happens in marriages. It happens in friendships.

It happens in relationships and marriages and friendships when its based on selfishness and selfish desires instead of actual love.

Define love, im not thinking you understand the meaning.

glorydaz

Exactly.

We all know someone who was on fire for God and now no longer care.
Why would God spend eternity with those who care nothing for Him any more, or who now are hostile or critical of Him? Would you or I want to? No.

So you don't know what it means to be a new creature.....created in Christ Jesus, do you? You think we just continue on our merry way and that God is not able to perform that good work He began when the HOLY SPIRIT came to dwell in us.

You really should examine yourself....whether you be in the faith at all. The promises of God are not just words, you know. There is power there you seem to be totally unaware of. :think:

Romans 5:5
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.​

iouae

My question to all is this...
What does God being a jealous God have to do with once saved, always saved?
Why did God give us the OT?
What was the recurrent theme of the OT?
Since Israel had free will, were they allowed to forsake God?
Did God tolerate backsliding from Israel?
What sort of things happened to Israel when they forsook God?
The OT was given for our learning. What should we learn from this?

God is BIG on jealousy. Here are verses where He says this.

Exodus 20:5
Exodus 34:14
Deuteronomy 5:9
Joshua 24:19
Ezekiel 36:5
Ezekiel 36:6
Ezekiel 39:25
Nahum 1:2
2 Corinthians 11:2

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
My question to all is this...
What does God being a jealous God have to do with once saved, always saved?
Why did God give us the OT?
What was the recurrent theme of the OT?
Since Israel had free will, were they allowed to forsake God?
Did God tolerate backsliding from Israel?
What sort of things happened to Israel when they forsook God?
The OT was given for our learning. What should we learn from this?

God is BIG on jealousy. Here are verses where He says this.

Exodus 20:5
Exodus 34:14
Deuteronomy 5:9
Joshua 24:19
Ezekiel 36:5
Ezekiel 36:6
Ezekiel 39:25
Nahum 1:2
2 Corinthians 11:2

Gods jealousy is about being zealous for what belongs to Him, not jealous in the human sense.

See: http://www.gotquestions.org/jealous-God.html