On Rape (the original statement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Neg rep for the AB for not condemning known rapists, of which one group is proud to say they do it and are ordained by God to do it. Not a word from the lying wench.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
What about them?

It's simple really. If a person made the choice to be 'raped' then it is no longer rape.

Otherwise, can someone offer a definition to work with?

what if they make the choice to put themselves in a position where rape is likely?

drunk, passed out at a frat party, alone, scantily clad, having spent the night being sexually provocative

WizardofOz

what if they make the choice to put themselves in a position where rape is likely?

drunk, passed out at a frat party, alone, scantily clad, having spent the night being sexually provocative

That in no way means that they chose to be raped. Made some poor decisions? Yes. Made the choice to be raped? Um no.

glorydaz

It seems that would make them partly at fault, but it was not their choice to be raped.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Neg rep for the AB for not condemning known rapists, of which one group is proud to say they do it and are ordained by God to do it. Not a word from the lying wench.

Do you honestly think I care about your neg rep? :chuckle:

If you thought it gave you some kind of power over me, let me set you straight. I couldn't care less what you think, whether you tell me in public or in one of your pompous, preachy neg rep comments. Just like sod, you can pretend you're sitting in the big boy chair all you want, it doesn't make you a man. I'll say what I think here, and if you don't like it, tough.

glorydaz

Do you honestly think I care about your neg rep? :chuckle:

If you thought it gave you some kind of power over me, let me set you straight. I couldn't care less what you think, whether you tell me in public or in one of your pompous, preachy neg rep comments. Just like sod, you can pretend you're sitting in the big boy chair all you want, it doesn't make you a man. I'll say what I think here, and if you don't like it, tough.

There ya go. And if it causes someone to stumble or "lose their faith", perhaps it's the very truth they needed to hear, anyway. :)

Walk in your own convictions knowing you can't please everyone all the time.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
There ya go. And if it causes someone to stumble or "lose their faith", perhaps it's the very truth they needed to hear, anyway. :)

Walk in your own convictions knowing you can't please everyone all the time.

I'm standing up for any woman who's ever been raped, sexually assaulted, sexually battered, molested, or in any other way forced against her will to submit to any sexual act by any man who forced himself on her. If a woman were to stumble or lose her faith because sod told her she chose to be raped, then it's on sod.

But of course he'll never say that in real life, he doesn't say those things in real life, because:

I have refrained from discussing this in class because my opinion would be unpopular.

Unpopular. :chuckle:

There's no way he can defend his statement that women choose to be raped, and he knows it. That's why he spent all that effort in obfuscation on the other thread.

glorydaz

I'm standing up for any woman who's ever been raped, sexually assaulted, sexually battered, molested, or in any other way forced against her will to submit to any sexual act by any man who forced himself on her. If a woman were to stumble or lose her faith because sod told her she chose to be raped, then it's on sod.

But of course he'll never say that in real life, he doesn't say those things in real life, because:

There's no way he can defend his statement that women choose to be raped, and he knows it. That's why he spent all that effort in obfuscation on the other thread.

Interesting. I was addressing you, Anna, and it had nothing to do with Sod. You said you would say what you knew to be right and didn't care what he (someone else) thought about it. But if you want to make this whole thread about him, then that's fine.

If you're standing up for any woman who has ever been raped, then it sounds like you're refusing to consider that any of them had any fault, whatsoever, in what happened to them. Whether in this thread or that other thread, that is where my interest lies. If you won't consider it, then that's fine.

I will say again, however, it's good that you say what you think is right instead of getting your feeling hurt when someone doesn't agree with you. It's why I posted what I did.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Interesting. I was addressing you, Anna, and it had nothing to do with Sod. You said you would say what you knew to be right and didn't care what he (someone else) thought about it. But if you want to make this whole thread about him, then that's fine.

Of course I want to make this whole thread about him. That's why I made this whole thread about him.

If you're standing up for any woman who has ever been raped, then it sounds like you're refusing to consider that any of them had any fault, whatsoever, in what happened to them. Whether in this thread or that other thread, that is where my interest lies. If you won't consider it, then that's fine.
I want him to try to defend his statement as it stands, not with all kinds of "if-then" scenarios. As it stands. If he can't, then why did he say it? I know why, but I wonder if you do.

As for laying blame: If a woman is raped, and you want to say she asked for it, or "chose" it based on your subjective judgment, then I'd say you're wrong to do so.

I will say again, however, it's good that you say what you think is right instead of getting your feeling hurt when someone doesn't agree with you. It's why I posted what I did.
I don't ever get my feelings hurt when someone disagrees with me. If only it was that simple though, right?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
have you ever put youself in a position where you might lose control?

What's the point in asking a question like that? If the goal in going down that road is to help girls make smarter decisions then ok, that can be a good message, but I feel like usually that is just a way to deflect blame off the guys who assault women.

Rape is never asked for.

gcthomas

If someone left their keys in their car door and someone stole their car, is that no longer theft?

OK, the police should tell the driver they were very silly to leave themselves vulnerable, then they should go catch and prosecute the thief. Tempting a thief with an easy steal does not stop the taking of the car from being theft.

It doesn't matter how much a woman makes herself vulnerable, sex without permission is still rape.

Status
Not open for further replies.